On TeX and High level Graphic User Tools

Evy

May 14, 2007
guys,

i was looking for anyone who has been working via TeX packages to produce high quality documents. i need to develop myself on that. alongside tht, i need to learn to produce high quality figures and images using high -level packages similar to GNU-Plot and the like.

is there anyone around here to exchange ideas?

Watakuwepo wengi tu na mimi naifuatilia hii mada kwa karibu sana maana it looks something new to me at apoint..........so ipo kwenye track list yangu

I have used [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX"]Tex[/ame] at University, it was kind of a requirement for Engineering students. There is a tool that made all this very easy its called Kile. It part of KDE.

Kile is an integrated LATEX environment for the KDE desktop. Kile gives you the ability to use all the functionalities of LATEX in a graphical interface, giving you easy, immediate, and customized access to all programs for LATEX codecompletion, compiling, postprocessing, debugging, conversion and viewing tools; you also get very handy wizards, a LATEX reference and a powerful project management.

For engineering images I used Octave (instead of Matlab) and then just Latex to include them on the document. I am not sure I am answering your question or I have missed it completely?

sombrero.jpg

I have used Tex at University, it was kind of a requirement for Engineering students. There is a tool that made all this very easy its called Kile. It part of KDE.

For engineering images I used Octave (instead of Matlab) and then just Latex to include them on the document. I am not sure I am answering your question or I have missed it completely?

sombrero.jpg

thanks,

you have been helpful a lot..

anyways..i am equipped with MilkTex package for TeX and am laerning the commands really fast ..maybe in two months i will be comfortable with TeX.

i dont know about the Octave thing..could you give me more hints? if you dont mind?

Nimetumia sana Latex and other Tex(s). Kwanza inabidi ujue matumizi yake. Matumizi yake ni katika typesetting or wordprocesing. Kama unataka ku-publish paper, kitabu au makala yoyote hile.

Hivyo kwa undani zaidi Tex sio graphic tool. Na vilevile kupunguza pains, cha muhimu ni kutafuta template ya kile unachotaka kuchapisha.

Nimetumia sana Latex and other Tex(s). Kwanza inabidi ujue matumizi yake. Matumizi yake ni katika typesetting or wordprocesing. Kama unataka ku-publish paper, kitabu au makala yoyote hile.

Hivyo kwa undani zaidi Tex sio graphic tool. Na vilevile kupunguza pains, cha muhimu ni kutafuta template ya kile unachotaka kuchapisha.

cool,

as a matter of fact, would like my papers to be published now-on be in good quality and have control in everyway from equations editing etc. in the future i am planning to write few books on many things too.he he he..

since i'm new, i need ur help on where i can find those templates. esp. those for papers.

Back
Top Bottom