Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

On TeX and High level Graphic User Tools

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by Evy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. E

Evy Member

Jul 23, 2009
    guys,

i was looking for anyone who has been working via TeX packages to produce high quality documents. i need to develop myself on that. alongside tht, i need to learn to produce high quality figures and images using high -level packages similar to GNU-Plot and the like.

is there anyone around here to exchange ideas?

2. A

August_Shao Senior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Watakuwepo wengi tu na mimi naifuatilia hii mada kwa karibu sana maana it looks something new to me at apoint..........so ipo kwenye track list yangu

3. emanuel.feruzi

emanuel.feruzi Senior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I have used [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX"]Tex[/ame] at University, it was kind of a requirement for Engineering students. There is a tool that made all this very easy its called Kile. It part of KDE.

For engineering images I used Octave (instead of Matlab) and then just Latex to include them on the document. I am not sure I am answering your question or I have missed it completely?

[​IMG]

4. E

Evy Member

Jul 25, 2009
    thanks,

you have been helpful a lot..

anyways..i am equipped with MilkTex package for TeX and am laerning the commands really fast ..maybe in two months i will be comfortable with TeX.

i dont know about the Octave thing..could you give me more hints? if you dont mind?

5. Zakumi

Zakumi JF-Expert Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Nimetumia sana Latex and other Tex(s). Kwanza inabidi ujue matumizi yake. Matumizi yake ni katika typesetting or wordprocesing. Kama unataka ku-publish paper, kitabu au makala yoyote hile.

Hivyo kwa undani zaidi Tex sio graphic tool. Na vilevile kupunguza pains, cha muhimu ni kutafuta template ya kile unachotaka kuchapisha.

6. E

Evy Member

Jul 30, 2009
    cool,

as a matter of fact, would like my papers to be published now-on be in good quality and have control in everyway from equations editing etc. in the future i am planning to write few books on many things too.he he he..

since i'm new, i need ur help on where i can find those templates. esp. those for papers.

7. Zakumi

Zakumi JF-Expert Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Kama unaandika thesis au desertation: Kuna template hapa
    LaTeX template for PhD thesis - OpenWetWare

LaTex and TeX Template File Listings