Naomba msaada wa matumizi ya 'had', 'could' na 'would'

Had = "nili..." Mf: I had lunch in afternoon (nilikula mchana)

Could = "ninge..." Mf: I could go (ninge enda) - JANA

Would = "ninge..." Mf: I would want it that way (ningetaka) - LEO

Thanks Brother! but I am still having a problem of differentiate the usage of those two words 'could' and would, Please help me.

ndio maana pale nikasema JANA, LEO..meaning matumizi yake ni kwa nyakati tofauti, past & present. but people use them bila kujali...so use them whatever way

Naomba msaada wa matumizi ya maneno 'had , Could na would

Mkuu fuata hiyo link ya jamaaa aliyoweka imeelezea vizuri sana! But kiufupi ni kwamba; these are model auxiliary verbs. Zinatumika kuonesha possibilities, ability, capability na mara nyingi ni huwa kwenye forms za condition sentence type one mpa three!

Had ni wakati uliopita mtimilivu, could ni wakati uliopita wa can yani pia would ni wakati uliopita wa will yani kuelezea jambo ambalo hauna uhakika nalo sana tofauti na should ambapo ni uhakika eg. would you like to sit there or you should sit there

Had: pamoja na kuwa ishara ya past tense, had pia ina maana ya "kuwa na". Kwa mfano, Leo nina pesa, miaka miwili iliopita nilikuwa na pesa pia. ( Today I have money, two years ago I had money, too). "Could" huleta maana ya uwezo, na " would" huleta maana ya kutaka. Yote ni " conditional." Halafu, "ningeweza kushinda, ningaliweza kushinda ( I could be successful, I could have been successful). Nathani kwa Kiswahili nge... Na ngali... huleta ndani maana ya "would" . Halafu, ningelala, ningalilala (I would sleep now; I would have slept)

Had: pamoja na kuwa ishara ya past tense, had pia ina maana ya "kuwa na". Kwa mfano, Leo nina pesa, miaka miwili iliopita nilikuwa na pesa pia. ( Today I have money, two years ago I had money, too). "Could" huleta maana ya uwezo, na " would" huleta maana ya kutaka. Yote ni " conditional." Halafu, "ningeweza kushinda, ningaliweza kushinda ( I could be successful, I could have been successful). Nathani kwa Kiswahili nge... Na ngali... huleta ndani maana ya "would" . Halafu, ningelala, ningalilala (I would sleep now; I would have slept)

ahsante sana unaposema ni 'conditional' unamaanisha nini?

Conditional, ndio kusema inategemea mambo mengine. Kwa mfano, ningeweza kushinda kama rafiki zangu wanisaide (I could be successful if my friends help me) au, ...Kama rafiki zangu wangenisaidia (if my friends would help me). Hapo ushindi hutegema kitu kingine au mtu mwingine. Basi, would na could, Kama nge na ngali ni conditional tenses ( au afadhali, conditional verbs).

Conditional, ndio kusema inategemea mambo mengine. Kwa mfano, ningeweza kushinda kama rafiki zangu wanisaide (I could be successful if my friends help me) au, ...Kama rafiki zangu wangenisaidia (if my friends would help me). Hapo ushindi hutegema kitu kingine au mtu mwingine. Basi, would na could, Kama nge na ngali ni conditional tenses ( au afadhali, conditional verbs).

hii sentensi inaandikweje kwa kiingereza' Ningefika mapema kama askari wa usalama barabarani wasingesumbua.'

There is no formula. The thing to keep in mind is that "the" is more specific than "a.". For example, "the boy is taller than the girl." This requires a specific reference. Perhaps the boy and girl are standing near you. Or perhaps you are referring to the boy and girl you saw yesterday. "A" is much more general. For example, if we say "a boy is usually taller than a girl, the reference is very general. You are not looking at a boy or girl or even thinking of a specific boy or girl but are generalizing, based on your experience of seeing boys and girls in your village or city or in other parts of the country or the world

I would arrive early if the traffic police wouldn't bother me

You have mixed a 1st and 2nd conditional. This sentence is not possible - it is grammatically wrong.

You must choose between 1 and 2 conditional, yaani,

I will arrive early if the traffic police don't bother me. (Hapo inawezekana watanisumbua - 1st conditional - labda watanisumbua au labda hawatanisumbua)

au..

I would arrive early if the traffic police didn't bother me. (Hapo najua watanisumbua - 2nd conditonal - yaani, najua sitafika mapema kwa sababu ....)

There is no formula. The thing to keep in mind is that "the" is more specific than "a.". For example, "the boy is taller than the girl." This requires a specific reference. Perhaps the boy and girl are standing near you. Or perhaps you are referring to the boy and girl you saw yesterday. "A" is much more general. For example, if we say "a boy is usually taller than a girl, the reference is very general. You are not looking at a boy or girl or even thinking of a specific boy or girl but are generalizing, based on your experience of seeing boys and girls in your village or city or in other parts of the country or the world

As a generalisation the above is roughly true, but there are clear rules. However, there are many of them and it can be, and is confusing for language learners!

Below are some basic rules (which add some flesh to the generalisation above)

BASIC RULES:

1. A singular countable noun must have an article (or other determiner) before it:

She gave me a book. (I looked at the / that / this / his / John's computer)

I bought the book which you recommended.

2. If you identify which specific thing you are talking about, then you must use the definite article
- this is true for singular, plural, countable, uncountable and abstract nouns:

She gave me a book. The book she gave me is very interesting.

I like science books. The science books in the university library are excellent.

I like rice. The rice in that bag is dirty.

Love is a wonderful thing! The love which they have for each other is very special!

3. Generalisations: If you don't identify specifically which thing you are talking and are only talking generally about a subject, then these are the rules...

for countable singular nouns you use the indefinite article, a, an - I saw an accident.

for countable plural nouns you don't use an article - I love books.

for uncountable or abstract nouns you don't use an article - I like sugar in my tea. I love life!

4. If you talk about something that is already known to the listener or reader, then we use
the definite article - the (This is the same as rule 2. The object is already known to the speaker and listener.)

Put that chair in the sitting room.

Don't look at the sun!

Where did you put the sugar?

Please open the window. (How many windows are there in this situation?)

--------------------------------------

We use the definite article with the idea of ‘possession' - with the preposition ‘of':

What is the colour of his car. The government of Australia is in crisis.

The price of that car is too high. The length of the room is 5 metres.

As a generalisation the above is roughly true, but there are clear rules. However, there are many of them and it can be, and is confusing for language learners!

Below are some basic rules (which add some flesh to the generalisation above)

BASIC RULES:

1. A singular countable noun must have an article (or other determiner) before it:

She gave me a book. (I looked at the / that / this / his / John’s computer)

I bought the book which you recommended.

2. If you identify which specific thing you are talking about, then you must use the definite article
- this is true for singular, plural, countable, uncountable and abstract nouns:

She gave me a book. The book she gave me is very interesting.

I like science books. The science books in the university library are excellent.

I like rice. The rice in that bag is dirty.

Love is a wonderful thing! The love which they have for each other is very special!

3. If you don’t identify specifically which thing you are talking about then...

for countable singular nouns you use the indefinite article, a, an I saw an accident.

for countable plural nouns you don’t use an article I love books.

for uncountable or abstract nouns don’t use an article I like sugar in my tea.

I love life!

4. If you talk about something that is already known to the listener or reader, then we use
the definite article - the

(This is the same as rule 2. The object is already known to the speaker and listener.)

Put that chair in the sitting room.

Don’t look at the sun!

Where did you put the sugar?

Please open the window. (How many windows are there in this situation?)

--------------------------------------

We use the definite article with the idea of ‘possession’ - with the preposition ‘of’:

What is the colour of his car. The government of Australia is in crisis.

The price of that car is too high. The length of the room is 5 metres.

thanks for you!! all of you for how you are teaching me, be regards. at least I can note the difference

let me try use them now:
an accident we saw there were very bad indeed, but the bus driver didn't take care about the wounded one's instead he disappeared. by the grace of God a good Samaritans helped them. please correct me.

Back
Top Bottom