Mwandishi wa Habari aliyeripoti taarifa za Tetemeko Uturuki akamatwa

BARD AI

JF-Expert Member
Jul 24, 2018
-qgieDJOPIamkbe9.jpg

Mamlaka zinamshikilia Mir Ali Koçer, Mwandishi, wa Habari wa Kujitolea anayetuhumiwa kuweka Mtandaoni taarifa za Uokoaji na hali za Majeruhi wa Tetemeko la Ardhi lililoua takriban watu 50,000 Februari 6, 2023.

Mir Ali Koçer ni kati ya Waandishi 4 waliokuwa wakichunguzwa kwa kuripoti taarifa za Tetemeko kupitia Mitandao ya Kijamii. Makundi ya Kutetea Haki na Uhuru wa Vyombo vya Habari yameripoti kuwa zaidi ya Waandishi 12 wamekamatwa.

Mwandishi huyo pamoja na wenzake wanakabiliwa na Mashtaka ya Kusambaza na Kuandika Taarifa za Upotoshaji kwa Mujibu wa Sheria za Uturuki na wanaweza kufungwa hadi miaka 3 Gerezani.

================

Freelance journalist Mir Ali Koçer was 200 miles from the epicentre when Turkey was struck by a deadly earthquake on 6 February. Grabbing his camera and microphone, he drove down to the affected region to interview survivors.

He shared stories of survivors and rescuers on Twitter and is now under investigation on suspicion of spreading "fake news" and could face up to three years in jail.

He is one of at least four journalists being investigated for reporting or commenting on the earthquake.

Press freedom groups say dozens more have been detained, harassed or prevented from reporting.

At least 50,000 people were killed when earthquakes hit both Turkey and Syria.

Turkey's authorities have not commented on the detentions.

'I couldn't hold back my tears'

On the night of the earthquake, Mr Koçer - who is Kurdish and contributes to pro-opposition news sites such as Bianet and Duvar - was smoking on his balcony in the south-eastern city of Diyarbakir, when his two dogs suddenly started barking.

He later remembered how they had barked just like that in 2020, seconds before a smaller earthquake hit eastern Turkey.

"I felt I was shaking. I felt the house shaking, I felt the TV shaking," says Mr Koçer. He hid under a dinner table with the dogs and then rushed outside.

Mr Koçer left Diyarbakir and drove to the city of Gaziantep. He was shocked by scenes of destruction and victims enduing freezing temperatures in towns near the very epicentre of the quake.

At least 3,000 of the earthquake's victims died in Gaziantep.

"When holding the microphone, behind the camera or in front of the camera, I could not hold back my tears," Mr Koçer recalls.

BBC

Hawataki ukweli ujulikane; wanatakiwa wakanushe hakuna tetemeko lililotokea na watu wote wanaishi kwa furaha kabisa

Back
Top Bottom