Mlipuko mkubwa watokea Nairobi, wahofiwa kusababisha vifo, majeraha

JanguKamaJangu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 7, 2022
Nairobi.jpg

Watu kadhaa wanahofiwa kufariki katika kijiji cha Mradi, mtaa wa Embakasi, mjini Nairobi baada ya mtambo wa gesi kulipuka muda mfupi kabla ya sita usiku wa Alhamisi, na kuliingiza jiji katika hofu, gazeti la Daily Nation liliripoti.

Wengine dazeni kadhaa wanaripotiwa kupata majeraha ya kutishia maisha.

Takriban saa mbili baada ya milipuko kadhaa iliyopelekea moto na moshi kutanda angani, huduma za dharura, wakiwemo wazima moto, walikuwa bado hawajafika katika eneo la tukio, kulingana na mashahidi.

"Milipuko mikubwa ilisikika, huku watu wakipiga kelele na kukimbia kila mahali kwa kuhofia milipuko zaidi,” mtu mmoja aliyeshuhudia aliliambia gazeti hilo.

Moto huo umeteketeza majengo jirani, huku wakazi wa makazi jirani kama vile Nyayo Embakasi wakitoka kwa wingi huku wakipiga mayoe kwa hofu.

Msemaji wa serikali Isaac Mwaura aithibitisha kisa hicho na kusema kwamba mlipuko huo ulitoka kwa kiwanda cha gesi kilichokuwa katika enel la makazi.

Shirika la Msalaba Mwekundu la Kenya na kikosi cha zima moto walikuwa wanaendelea kupambana na moto huo saa kadhaa baada ya mlipuko huo.
nAI1.jpg

==================

Nairobi fire: Scores injured and deaths feared after gas blast in Kenyan capital

A huge gas blast in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, has injured scores of people with fears of at least several deaths.

Gas cylinders were being refilled at a plant in Embakasi district when the blast happened just before midnight (21:00 GMT), the government said.

Video showed a huge fire raging close to blocks of flats.

The Kenyan Red Cross said 271 people had been taken to "health facilities" across the capital, and a further 27 people were assessed at the scene.

Local media reported at least two people had died.

A photo taken by Reuters news agency shows a body covered by a sheet, surrounded by onlookers.

The cause of the blast is still being established.

Government spokesman Isaac Mwaura said the explosion had occurred at the Kentainers Company ltd near Kabansora in Embakasi.

"The company was refilling gas cylinders when fire broke out and several people [were] injured and rushed to hospital," he posted on X.

"The building hosting the company is badly damaged. The cause of the fire remains unknown. Members of the public are advised to avoid the area as rescue operations are underway including fire engines being deployed to the area."

The blaze is reported to have spread through several apartment complexes, leading to fears the number of casualties could rise further.

Witnesses told local media they had felt tremors immediately after the blast.

One of those hurt, Boniface Sifuna, described what had happened for Reuters news agency: "I got burnt by an exploding gas canister as I was trying to escape," he said.

"It exploded right in front of me and the impact knocked me down and the flames engulfed me. I am lucky that I was strong enough to get away."

An unnamed eyewitness speaking to the Nation newspaper spoke of "huge explosions, huge fireballs, people screaming and running everywhere for fear of more explosions".

A Nation journalist living in the area said everyone had left their houses after the blast.

The Kenya Red Cross said on social media that crews had been "tirelessly battling the flames".

Source: BBC

Mbaya sana watu kukimbilia kwenda kushangaa moto, juzi tu moto mkubwa na leo tena moto wa gesi Embakasi mitaa ya Nyayo Estate, Nairobi

Poleni sana na tuna chakujifuza wote kukaa mbali na ajali za moto, mlipuko muda wowote

Sikiliza wahanga wanavyosimulia walichokiita moto unatoka angani

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=osrNhDCDVSE

Back
Top Bottom