Kenya media with jealous cum hate propaganda against Uganda

What you have copy pasted here is mostly true, but the most pressing question that you should ask yourself is, what has been preventing Uganda for all those years (considering the not so sweet relationship we have been having since the Moi regime) from getting an alternative route for its goods? Kenya is building a port in Lamu, do you know who the main client will be?

We remember how Uganda suffered during Kenya's political violence in 2007/08 and I don't see them falling in the same trap as Kenya heads to another political circus in 2012.

Museveni is playing smart this time; and any potential investor will be watching Kenya how you handle your political succession in 2012.

We remember how Uganda suffered during Kenya's political violence in 2007/08 and I don't see them falling in the same trap as Kenya heads to another political circus in 2012.

Museveni is playing smart this time; and any potential investor will be watching Kenya how you handle your political succession in 2012.

word. we cant wait to get rid of these politicians and their old way of thinking, and to all the dooms day prophets, dont hold your breath, Kenyans will never go the same route it went in 2007, we now know better.

word. we cant wait to get rid of these politicians and their old way of thinking, and to all the dooms day prophets, dont hold your breath, Kenyans will never go the same route it went in 2007, we now know better.
Look at your hypocrisy here... if he has a point why couldn't you see your reporters are biased and were demonstrating protectionism! Just watch out with your G7 thing current underway in your politics might be a reason for violence 2012

Im in doubt with the EAC living condition in the near future cause some of the factors lead to its collapse in 1977 still exist,selfishness,greedy

It's a defunct eac, died before to be born.... the former eac was too strong as for only 10 years managed to have tangible set ups eg. eac railways, post & telecoms, airways, ships etc,... but the current eac.... managed to have countless papers signed by hs..... yako pale arusha locked in big cabinets.

What about G7 and KKK ? the hands are still dirty !

To make such a big decision (choosing Tanga port), i think M-7 and his advisors have already gone through the following Pros and Cons...

Mombasa:
Pros- (i)Slightly shorter shorter route to UG, (ii)Experienced personnel.
Cons- (i)Handling inefficiency(i.e, corruption, taxes), (ii)Congestion, (iii)Political uncertainty (i.e., people might derail the tracks again).

Tanga:
Pros - (i)Un-congested, (ii)dedicated for UG goods, (iii)Political stability, (iv)The port is already operational.
Cons - (i)Slightly longer route to UG, (ii) slightly innexpirienced personnel, (iii) Needs rail rehabilitation and more cargo handling equipment.

Lamu:
Pros - (i)New port so no congestion, (ii)Might deploy new handling technologies.
Cons - (i)Political uncertainty, (ii)Longest route to UG, (iii)Inexperienced personnel, (iv) The whole port and supporting infrastructure need to be constructed from scratch, (v)It will take years to complete.

Btw, i have noticed one peculiar thing from the last NMG article that , UG authorities are already encouraging the business community there to utilize TZ ports with a promise of tax exemptions...

i couldn't have said it better

this thing will never take off, simply because Kenya holds the trump card due to its location and the proposed lamu port, which should start getting built by mid next year. this makes the Tanzania-Uganda corridor a very unattractive venture.

but if it is competition want then, bring it. we(Kenyans) thrive on that stuff

geza, Uganda's oil can only be an asset for Kenya whichever way you look at it. plus if Uganda descides not to "give" us their oil then we have Kenya's 48th county, we call it south Sudan(and they have ALOT OF OIL)

Brother nature has a way of dealing with us fairly,Tanzania has fertile land minerals gas etc,Uganda has also fertile land oil etc Burundi and Rwanda its fertile lands and Kenya ...we have the brains,talents and intellectual finesse to convert all this into cash,whichever way they will be still be kneeling at our feet begging for help.We are SMART that's y they hate us but its not our fault,let them mourn while we reap the benefits of integration.

We learn t our lesson the bitter way,it cost us a lot, the new constitution addressed all that brought problems in 2007.wake up for your dreams

Brother nature has a way of dealing with us fairly,Tanzania has fertile land minerals gas etc,Uganda has also fertile land oil etc Burundi and Rwanda its fertile lands and Kenya ...we have the brains,talents and intellectual finesse to convert all this into cash,whichever way they will be still be kneeling at our feet begging for help.We are SMART that's y they hate us but its not our fault,let them mourn while we reap the benefits of integration.
do u consider urself to be a smart ass cause u r a Kenyan? Or smartness comes from individuality... can u explain this...and defend ur statement from those two articles up there...and which particular intellectual finesse do u brag obout?

To make such a big decision (choosing Tanga port), i think M-7 and his advisors have already gone through the following Pros and Cons...

Mombasa:
Pros- (i)Slightly shorter shorter route to UG, (ii)Experienced personnel.
Cons- (i)Handling inefficiency(i.e, corruption, taxes), (ii)Congestion, (iii)Political uncertainty (i.e., people might derail the tracks again).

Tanga:
Pros - (i)Un-congested, (ii)dedicated for UG goods, (iii)Political stability, (iv)The port is already operational.
Cons - (i)Slightly longer route to UG, (ii) slightly innexpirienced personnel, (iii) Needs rail rehabilitation and more cargo handling equipment.

Lamu:
Pros - (i)New port so no congestion, (ii)Might deploy new handling technologies.
Cons - (i)Political uncertainty, (ii)Longest route to UG, (iii)Inexperienced personnel, (iv) The whole port and supporting infrastructure need to be constructed from scratch, (v)It will take years to complete.

Btw, i have noticed one peculiar thing from the last NMG article that , UG authorities are already encouraging the business community there to utilize TZ ports with a promise of tax exemptions...

For your info the plan to modernize Mombasa port has started and the construction of lamu port has already began the the ground breaking ceremony has already been done by the president and what was delaying was a court order environmentalists sought coz they had their issues and the issue of land which is sensitive at the coast,but that has already been solved. your cons are exaggerated but don't be too comfortable with your wishes,we still have an upper hand.Even if Ug chooses Tanga our market is huge,South Sudan and Ethiopia,we have nothing to loose.
Remember those "Ugandan businessmen "you people are referring to most of them are actually Kenyans...keep in mind the Kenyann and Ugandan business communities are too close ,they are working out common stratagies to address our common problems,infact some stations have started airing live business discussion programs both from nairobi and kampala,where issues affecting each country are discussed without fear or favour, watch NTV on DSTV for monthly 'BUSINES AGENDA" program that airs live from Kampala /Nairobi.
Remember the leadership in Kenya is changing,we are a new no nonsense generation we will live nothing unturned in order to keep our country great and make it greater.Your hatred and silly schemes will only make us more smarter on how to deal with you....shame on you

Look at your hypocrisy here... if he has a point why couldn't you see your reporters are biased and were demonstrating protectionism! Just watch out with your G7 thing current underway in your politics might be a reason for violence 2012
which violence are you referring to? and who can dare start it after the experience of the 'Ocampo Six " at the Hague,watch this space we will a shame you,we will have a very competitive electoral process in 2012

For your info the plan to modernize Mombasa port has started and the construction of lamu port has already began the the ground breaking ceremony has already been done by the president and what was delaying was a court order environmentalists sought coz they had their issues and the issue of land which is sensitive at the coast,but that has already been solved. your cons are exaggerated but don't be too comfortable with your wishes,we still have an upper hand.Even if Ug chooses Tanga our market is huge,South Sudan and Ethiopia,we have nothing to loose.
Remember those "Ugandan businessmen "you people are referring to most of them are actually Kenyans...keep in mind the Kenyann and Ugandan business communities are too close ,they are working out common stratagies to address our common problems,infact some stations have started airing live business discussion programs both from nairobi and kampala,where issues affecting each country are discussed without fear or favour, watch NTV on DSTV for monthly 'BUSINES AGENDA" program that airs live from Kampala /Nairobi.
Remember the leadership in Kenya is changing,we are a new no nonsense generation we will live nothing unturned in order to keep our country great and make it greater.Your hatred and silly schemes will only make us more smarter on how to deal with you....shame on you
Acha uwongo wewe... here is the latest news on the Lamu project otherwise to you it meant the project has started/kicked off (with inauguration) but to me the article meant one company "has expressed interests" and "expressing interests" and "signing the cheque" are two different things! If that's what you call smartness as a Kenyan individual then no wonder ur brothers r dying of hunger in places like Isiolo...up North there!

BUSINESS NEWS
Chinese firm offers to finance Lamu port plan

lamu.jpg
President Kibaki points to a map of the Lamu-South Sudan-Ethiopia corridor project at the KICC in Nairobi on July 26 as PM Rail Odinga and Transport minister Amos Kimunya look on. Photo/STEPHEN MUDIARI
By MARK AGUTU magutu@ke.nationmedia.com
Posted Saturday, October 1 2011 at 16:02

A Chinese company has expressed interest in financing the construction of Lamu Port and its related infrastructure.
The firm, JS Neoplant Company Limited of Shanghai, has said it is "ready, able and willing" to undertake the massive project whose cost had been estimated at US $16 billion (Sh1.4 trillion).
The acknowledgement is contained in a confidential letter dated September 21, 2011, a copy of which was made available to the Sunday Nation.
The letter, signed by JS Neoplant Company Ltd managing director Charles Kim, is addressed to both the governments of Kenya and South Sudan that are joint partners in the venture.
In particular, JS Neoplant expresses interest in undertaking construction of the port, an airport, a railway line, a road network, an oil refinery and a pipeline.
"We JS Neoplant Co. Ltd... hereby declare that we have an excellent financing programme and engineering capability to undertake the projects on a EPC/BOT on the back of sovereign guarantee."
The firm states that it is ready to apply for a suitable project financing programme in respect of the Lamu Port project and its other indicated appendages.
According to the communication, the six components of the project include a sea port straddling some 750 acres of land with 10 container terminal berths and three bulk cargo terminal berths, an oil jetty and an international airport with a 2,000 person-per-day capacity on 10 daily flights.
Other components are a three-limbed 1.4m gauge railway line for high speed trains: the limbs are Lamu-Isiolo-South Sudan (1,400km); Nairobi-Isiolo-Moyale-Addis Ababa (1,596km) and Lamu-Mombasa (350km).
The pipeline too had three phases: South Sudan border-Lamu-Isiolo (1500km); Nairobi-Isiolo-Moyale-Addis Ababa (1400km) and a branch to link Lamu to the existing Mombasa/Kampala pipeline.
The project also includes three stretches of highway: Lamu-Isiolo-South Sudan border (1400km); Nairobi-Addis Ababa (1596km) and Lamu-Mombasa (320km).
A fibre optic cable running along the highway completes his gargantuan regional project.
Last month, President Kibaki gave an indication of the impending commencement of the construction work with a promise to undertake a ground-breaking ceremony "soon".
"The feasibility study for Lamu Port and supporting infrastructure is now complete... I look forward to soon undertaking the ground-breaking ceremony for the project," point he said in Mombasa a week ago when he visited the town to open this year's Agricultural Society of Kenya show.
President Kibaki mandated Kenyan ambassadors to aggressively market the proposed second transport corridor that would serve Ethiopia and South Sudan.
Several countries including Canada, Germany, China, Japan and United Arab Emirates have made inquiries since the government declared its intention to construct the corridor about three years ago.
Chinese firm offers to finance Lamu port plan*- Business News*|nation.co.ke
The corridor has immense political and economic potential and will open up large sections of the country's North Eastern and Eastern provinces that have for years enjoyed scant attention in terms of business opportunities.
"I urge you to focus some energy on promoting investment in this project in your respective areas of accreditation, as it is expected to play a major role in catalysing Kenya progress towards the achievement of the economic goals," Mr Kibaki told the ambassadors.
Japan Port Consultants has completed a one-year feasibility study on the development of the port and Lamu-South Sudan-Ethiopia Transport corridor.
With the anticipated entry of South Sudan and even Sudan into the East African Community, estimates put unrestricted demand of cargo rising by more than 32 million tons per annum – far above what Mombasa Port alone can handle.
South Sudan has always relied on Port Sudan in Sudan to the north.
The Ethiopian market, the other target, is currently served by Djibouti port. Lack of good roads connecting Kenya and Ethiopia, with a population of 80 million, has hampered the trade between the two nations.
Ethiopia's dependence on imported goods has meant that Djibouti port handles 98 per cent of Ethiopian traffic which is about 85 per cent of all the traffic in through the port.

moyo i always like constructive arguments, i just gave my assumptions on what might have went through the heads of M-7 and his crew for them to arrive to such a decision (choosing Tanga over MBS, Lamu as well as DAR ports.)

Please don't blame me i took a direct quote from the article (the NMG article) on the issue of tax exemptions for UG business people who will utilize the Tanga port. Believe me if this issue was not important NMG could have not raised it in such a manner (fake galvanization of mass patriotism by ridiculing neighboring countries)....

However, what UG wants is a reliable port, keeping in mind that the distances btwn MBS to Kampala and Tanga to Kampala are not that different. Therefore, laying a dedicated standard gauge rail from a dedicated Ugandan port (Tanga) to Kampala will solve many UG problems for decades to come.

moyo said:
keep in mind the Kenyann and Ugandan business communities are too close

FYI, Ugandans and Tanzanians have never been closer than this before, you guys have so many issues to settle (do you want me to mention them here????) before regaining your old friendship...

moyo said:
Your hatred and silly schemes will only make us more smarter on how to deal with you....shame on you

Where did you get this from????

do u consider urself to be a smart ass cause u r a Kenyan? Or smartness comes from individuality... can u explain this...and defend ur statement from those two articles up there...and which particular intellectual finesse do u brag obout?

To answer the way you want, our smartness comes from individuality.....it is as a result of individual effort and since people make up a country, if each citizen plays his/her individual role and end up smart,then collectively that country becomes a country of smart people a practical example Kenya.

When it comes to intellectual finesse,we do not brag about it because the results speak for themselves.....that is why we do not keep on whining,complaining ,crying everytime we are faced up with a challenge because we are well prepared for anything.This can only be a result if a well trained mind equipped with the right knowledge and skills...........we do not look for excuses or anyone to blame for our problems but we accept our shortcomings and mistakes and make the necessary changes.Its our culture and we are perfecting it the way you have perfected the art of complaining,and its for this reason that being Kenyan also makes me smart!

Uganda has every right to look for alternative route for its goods and we have no problem with that,but its our responsibility to inform them the mistake they are about to make! we must pinpoint -at whatever cost !- your weaknesses,Ugandans must know that Kenya might have its weaknesses but they should not jump from the frying pan into the fire in the name of seeking for alternative route with Tanzania, we are still the better option.A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Instead of you people selling Tanzania as the best choice for Uganda you are busy engaging in side shows by propagating hate,watching every move we make ,whatever we write and completely misrepresent everything.From the articles you posted i think you simply intended to use them to further your opinion(dislike) about Kenya,i don't see anything wrong in reporting how Museveni is so restless now days.....it is a fact and the article prove it. about the railway project ,Keep in mind Museveni had made that offer to the Kenyan govt but due to corruption the the govt ,they could not commence the project in time since everybody wanted a tender in the proposed project and M7 became frustrated ,that's why he turned to you.but that is over now and we have decided to take the game a notch higher by building a railway line to juba ,Kampala and addis ababa.

Lets deal with real issues not side shows,when discussing real challenges that is facing us, even though EAC member countries compete with each other,we must remember we face the world as EAC and we experience similar problems and challenges,whatever affects any member country has ripple effect on others ,so whether you like or hate Kenya or any other country for that matter ,lets be logical and to the point and keep your feelings to yourself.After all you cant accuse the whole Kenyan media for an article published by just one media house! even though i do get your point but the manner and the context you presented it was wrong.Rwanda is setting a clear example ,recently Kagame has been busy striking business deals with big economies of the world....we are more worried about Rwanda,than Uganda with its oil(already they are quarreling about it) or Tanzania with its minerals and land,we are more interested in people who are willing to use their brains not just bragging about their mineral resources while poverty is their companion.

Rwanda has small population and land mass but they decided to go the Kenyan way,to be a serviced based economy and without much to brag about,they are doing great,i would be proud to be associated with Rwanda than hate mongers. Even though i have not met any Ugandan talking shit about Kenya its just you people.Its better you change your approach because you seem to be one of the few good brains Tanzania has and if you reason this way i wonder what the common man will think,provide leadership

To answer the way you want, our smartness comes from individuality.....it is as a result of individual effort and since people make up a country, if each citizen plays his/her individual role and end up smart,then collectively that country becomes a country of smart people a practical example Kenya.when it comes to intellectual finesse,we do not brag about it because the results speak for themselves.....that is why we do not keep on whining,complaining ,crying everytime we are faced up with a challenge because we are well prepared for anything.This can only be a result if a well trained mind equipped with the right knowledge and skills...........we do not look for excuses or anyone to blame for our problems but we accept our shortcomings and mistakes and make the necessary changes.Its our culture and we are perfecting it the way you have perfected the art of complaining,and its for this reason that being Kenyan also makes me smart! Uganda has every right to look for alternative route for its goods and we have no problem with that,but its our responsibility to inform them the mistake they are about to make! we must pinpoint -at whatever cost !- your weaknesses,Ugandans must know that Kenya might have its weaknesses but they should not jump from the frying pan into the fire in the name of seeking for alternative route with Tanzania, we are still the better option.A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Instead of you people selling Tanzania as the best choice for Uganda you are busy engaging in side shows by propagating hate,watching every move we make ,whatever we write and completely misrepresent everything.From the articles you posted i think you simply intended to use them to further your opinion(dislike) about Kenya,i don't see anything wrong in reporting how Museveni is so restless now days.....it is a fact and the article prove it. about the railway project ,Keep in mind Museveni had made that offer to the Kenyan govt but due to corruption the the govt ,they could not commence the project in time since everybody wanted a tender in the proposed project and M7 became frustrated ,that's why he turned to you.but that is over now and we have decided to take the game a notch higher by building a railway line to juba ,Kampala and add-is ababa.
Lets deal with real issues not side shows,when discussing real challenges that is facing us, even though EAC member countries compete with each other,we must remember we face the world as EAC and we experience similar problems and challenges,whatever affects any member country has ripple effect on others ,so whether you like or hate Kenya or any other country for that matter ,lets be logical and to the point and keep your feelings to yourself.After all you cant accuse the whole Kenyan media for an article published by just one media house! even though i do get your point but the manner and the context you presented it was wrong.Rwanda is setting a clear example ,recently Kagame has been busy striking business deals with big economies of the world....we are more worried about Rwanda,than Uganda with its oil(already they are quarreling about it) or Tanzania with its minerals and land,we are more interested in people who are willing to use their brains not just bragging about their mineral resources while poverty is their companion.Rwanda has small population and land mass but they decided to go the Kenyan way,to be a serviced based economy and without much to brag about,they are doing great,i would be proud to be associated with Rwanda than hate mongers. Even though i have not met any Ugandan talking shit about Kenya its just you people.Its better you change your approach because you seem to be one of the few good brains Tanzania has and if you reason this way i wonder what the common man will think,provide leadership

You are a slave to emotions nevertheless I like some of your points.Let me remind you that arrogance is a twin sister to ignorance.Due to your Kenyan arrogance/ignorance you have overlooked a lot of things.Poverty is a companion of all East African states not just Tanzania as you are insinuating here.Who is an intellectual to you? A Kenyan with thousands of academic titles but can't live in harmony with neighbours due to tribalism tendencies or a Tanzanian peasant who lives peacefully with neighbours?Don't tell me of intellectualism in a country where one county votes 99.9% for yes(Siaya) and another county votes 99% for No in the same country simply because 'your intellectuals' worship tribal kings.In fact the PEV was a result of more ignorance than politics as it is put.

Teh teh teh ........wishful thinking........ if you are smart (as you think) why dont you close down IDP camps (which for me is very trivial issue to deal with).......you dont feel shame to yap while you face very serious trouble than any of your neighbors, you are more or less like Al-shabab land somalia.....

To answer the way you want, our smartness comes from individuality.....it is as a result of individual effort and since people make up a country, if each citizen plays his/her individual role and end up smart,then collectively that country becomes a country of smart people a practical example Kenya.when it comes to intellectual finesse,we do not brag about it because the results speak for themselves.....that is why we do not keep on whining,complaining ,crying everytime we are faced up with a challenge because we are well prepared for anything.This can only be a result if a well trained mind equipped with the right knowledge and skills...........we do not look for excuses or anyone to blame for our problems but we accept our shortcomings and mistakes and make the necessary changes.Its our culture and we are perfecting it the way you have perfected the art of complaining,and its for this reason that being Kenyan also makes me smart! Uganda has every right to look for alternative route for its goods and we have no problem with that,but its our responsibility to inform them the mistake they are about to make! we must pinpoint -at whatever cost !- your weaknesses,Ugandans must know that Kenya might have its weaknesses but they should not jump from the frying pan into the fire in the name of seeking for alternative route with Tanzania, we are still the better option.A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Instead of you people selling Tanzania as the best choice for Uganda you are busy engaging in side shows by propagating hate,watching every move we make ,whatever we write and completely misrepresent everything.From the articles you posted i think you simply intended to use them to further your opinion(dislike) about Kenya,i don't see anything wrong in reporting how Museveni is so restless now days.....it is a fact and the article prove it. about the railway project ,Keep in mind Museveni had made that offer to the Kenyan govt but due to corruption the the govt ,they could not commence the project in time since everybody wanted a tender in the proposed project and M7 became frustrated ,that's why he turned to you.but that is over now and we have decided to take the game a notch higher by building a railway line to juba ,Kampala and add-is ababa.
Lets deal with real issues not side shows,when discussing real challenges that is facing us, even though EAC member countries compete with each other,we must remember we face the world as EAC and we experience similar problems and challenges,whatever affects any member country has ripple effect on others ,so whether you like or hate Kenya or any other country for that matter ,lets be logical and to the point and keep your feelings to yourself.After all you cant accuse the whole Kenyan media for an article published by just one media house! even though i do get your point but the manner and the context you presented it was wrong.Rwanda is setting a clear example ,recently Kagame has been busy striking business deals with big economies of the world....we are more worried about Rwanda,than Uganda with its oil(already they are quarreling about it) or Tanzania with its minerals and land,we are more interested in people who are willing to use their brains not just bragging about their mineral resources while poverty is their companion.Rwanda has small population and land mass but they decided to go the Kenyan way,to be a serviced based economy and without much to brag about,they are doing great,i would be proud to be associated with Rwanda than hate mongers. Even though i have not met any Ugandan talking shit about Kenya its just you people.Its better you change your approach because you seem to be one of the few good brains Tanzania has and if you reason this way i wonder what the common man will think,provide leadership
I think you need to grow up read my comments and try to locate hate! and then show me...as a matter of fact i see bragging instead of facts you haven't proven anything of smartness in you as you claim to be each Kenyan individual's quality rather than spotting arrogance perse! show your smartness young boy...

How can u get rid of those politicians? if at all u r a smart chap then u should hav realized u hav a monarch sort of leadership as since independence you have been having the same cycle of leaders from Kenyatta snr to jr, Raila snr to jnr and i hear Jimmy wants to take over from his baba (Kibaki) in the constituent then probably presidency in the future if the baton falls into Kenyatta jr hands ...

Keep talking sh*t and thinking TZ doesn't have intellectuals. The ONLY reason Kenya's economy is bigger & more advanced is TZ chose the wrong system(Ujamaa.) The Japanese used to look down on China too as if they were stupid; now they're sh*tting in their pants. North & South Korea are the same people, but I bet you geniuses from Kenya would attribute the huge disparity in their economic development to S. Koreans being more intelligent, instead of the real reasons(Free Market+democracy Vs communism+oppression) Now that TZ has some semblance of freedom & stability, it's only a matter of time before her economy becomes bigger than Kenya for she's a bigger country, has A LOT more resources, and a bigger potential for a lot more to be discovered. Just one example of recent discovery, read this February article from worldoil.com(Their planned investment alone is bigger than half of Kenya's GDP)

BG Group to invest $20 billion in Tanzania gas exploration

BY GEORGE MWANGI

NAIROBI -- BG Group plans to invest up to $20 billion to extract gas in Tanzania, The Guardian newspaper reports Wednesday.

BG Chairman Robert Wilson is quoted as having told Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete that Tanzania has to prepare its economy to handle such an amount of money.

"We are planning to invest between $10 billion and $20 billion in second half of this decade in gas and the Tanzanian economy," Wilson is quoted as saying.

BG has discovered huge reserves of natural gas in three wells, including a deepwater one, in the Indian Ocean, the daily says.

The firm has invested $500 million in gas exploration in the country last year and it will invest the same amount this year, Wilson said.

Wilson called on the government to join efforts to counter challenges in exploration and production of gas in the Indian Ocean, especially in dealing with pirates originating from Somalia, the daily says.

BG entered Tanzania last year with the purchase of 60% of Ophir Tanzania Ltd., which had a contract with the government and the Tanzania Petroleum Development Corp. for exploration of gas in the Indian Ocean, the daily says.

Dow Jones Newswires

Keep talking sh*t and thinking TZ doesn't have intellectuals. The ONLY reason Kenya's economy is bigger & more advanced is TZ chose the wrong system(Ujamaa.) The Japanese used to look down on China too as if they were stupid; now they're sh*tting in their pants. North & South Korea are the same people, but I bet you geniuses from Kenya would attribute the huge disparity in their economic development to S. Koreans being more intelligent, instead of the real reasons(Free Market+democracy Vs communism+oppression) Now that TZ has some semblance of freedom & stability, it's only a matter of time before her economy becomes bigger than Kenya for she's a bigger country, has A LOT more resources, and a bigger potential for a lot more to be discovered. Just one example of recent discovery, read this February article from worldoil.com(Their planned investment alone is bigger than half of Kenya's GDP)

BG Group to invest $20 billion in Tanzania gas exploration

BY GEORGE MWANGI

NAIROBI -- BG Group plans to invest up to $20 billion to extract gas in Tanzania, The Guardian newspaper reports Wednesday.

BG Chairman Robert Wilson is quoted as having told Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete that Tanzania has to prepare its economy to handle such an amount of money.

"We are planning to invest between $10 billion and $20 billion in second half of this decade in gas and the Tanzanian economy," Wilson is quoted as saying.

BG has discovered huge reserves of natural gas in three wells, including a deepwater one, in the Indian Ocean, the daily says.

The firm has invested $500 million in gas exploration in the country last year and it will invest the same amount this year, Wilson said.

Wilson called on the government to join efforts to counter challenges in exploration and production of gas in the Indian Ocean, especially in dealing with pirates originating from Somalia, the daily says.

BG entered Tanzania last year with the purchase of 60% of Ophir Tanzania Ltd., which had a contract with the government and the Tanzania Petroleum Development Corp. for exploration of gas in the Indian Ocean, the daily says.

Dow Jones Newswires

Keep on dreaming its a fact we r far better than u in all things....u r behind.not coz u chose the wrong system..what of Cuba, China and South Korea..y did they succeed!?..u r simply using ujamaa as an excuse of all ua failures,lack of brains and myopic leadership!

Back
Top Bottom