It's a spam! Do not respond!

Cha kuudhi kabisa ni kuwa, utakuta huyo anayekuandikia ni njemba moja bayaaa, halafu anakuita my love.......mtihani....

Afadhali ulifungua e-mail kwa ajili hiyo, maana utaanza kupata nyingi tuu kutoka e-mail adress nyingine. Mimi ilibidi nifunge e-mail adress yangu. Hata ukiwablock wanakuja na adress mpya kila siku.

hivi bado hamjaijua hii michezo mpaka leo?hao wanaitwa yahoo boys.kama uko kiwanja ongea na 'waniger' watakufahamisha vizuri!

Hizi fake deal wanatumia sana west African na ilishaonyeshwa kwenye dateline and Oprah jinsi hawa watu wanavyotapeli.....Wamarekani na waingereza wengi sana wametapeliwa....

Kuna mshikaji wangu mmoja mbongo naye anapenda sana kutongoza mademu online naye alikutana na hili janga akidhani ana chat na demu kumbe men..ila jamaa (at the time demu) alimwambia ampe address yake kwani kuna vitu anataka ku-order (at the time play station zilivyoanza kutoka) akampa...akawa sasa myf riend anasubiria hiyo play station for about a month anaona hakuna kitu..ndiyo katika ile harakati ya kusubiria ndiyo akaja kuona utapeli wa west africa on dateline akajua ooh na yeye amekuwa scammed.....ana bahati ilikuwa address ya nyumba tuu na siyo credti card au bank account....

By Darren Waters

Technology editor, BBC News website

Drug adverts make up the vast majority of all spam mails
More than 97% of all e-mails sent over the net are unwanted, according to a Microsoft security report.

The e-mails are dominated by spam adverts for drugs, and general product pitches and often have malicious attachments.

The report found that the global ratio of infected machines was 8.6 for every 1,000 uninfected machines.

It also found that Office document attachments and PDF files were increasingly being targeted by hackers.

Microsoft said people should not panic about the high levels of unwanted e-mail.

Cliff Evans, head of security and privacy for Microsoft in the UK, told BBC News: "The good news is that the majority of that never hits your inbox although some will get through."

Ed Gibson, chief cyber security advisor at Microsoft, said the rise in spam was due to traditional organised crime figures moving away from exploiting software vulnerabilities and "targeting the weak link that is you and me".

"With higher capacity broadband and better OS (operating systems), and higher power computers it is easier now to send out billions of spams. Three or four years ago the capacity wasn't there."

Malware ecosystem

See which countries are most infected
_45645045_infection_rates_466map.gif

Paul Woods, senior analyst at e-mail security firm Message Labs, said he was surprised the Microsoft figure for unwanted e-mail was so high.

"Our own analysis shows that around 81% of e-mail traffic we were processing was identified as spam and unwanted," he said.

MessageLabs said spam rates had fallen at the end of 2008 as an ISP which had been hijacked to send out spam mails to users had been taken offline.

"As a result of that, a number of developers in botnet technology at the end of last year were trying to regain botnet control and increase capacity and return to previous spam levels.

"It wont be far off before we see return to those levels."

The report, which looked at online activity during the second half of 2008, also pinpoints the countries that are suffering from the most infections of malicious software, or malware.

Russia and Brazil top the global chart of infections, followed by Turkey and Serbia and Montenegro.

It said that the type of malware varied from country to country.

"As the malware ecosystem becomes more reliant on social engineering, threats worldwide have become more dependent on language and cultural factors," it reported.

In China, several malicious web browser modifiers are common, while in Brazil, malware that targets users of online banks is more widespread.

In Korea, viruses such as Win32/Virut and Win32/Parite are common.

Global average

The global average for infected machines is 8.6 for every 1,000 uninfected PCs.

The UK's infection rate is 5.7, according to the Microsoft report.

The report highlighted the need to keep operating systems, web browsers and applications up to date with the latest versions.

Increasingly, hackers are using common file formats, such as Microsoft Office documents and Adobe's PDF format as the carrier of malicious exploits or programs.

More than 91% of attacks exploiting vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office were using security holes that had been plugged by updates that had been available for more than two years.

Attacks using PDF files rose sharply in the second half of 2008, the report noted.

The vulnerabilities all of the attacks exploited had already been fixed by Adobe, and were not present in the most recent versions of the software.

Mr Gibson told BBC News people had to be aware that if they did not update their applications, such as Office and Adobe, they were not just putting themselves at risk, but others on the internet also.

"If you don't update your software you are not just a hazard to yourself, you are hazard to others because you can be part of a botnet [if your computer is hijacked]."

Mr Evans said Microsoft was very happy with the approach consumers were taking to updating applications via automatic updates.

"For consumers it is happening but for business less so. We have encourage businesses to make more use of automatic updates."

Scareware

Mr Woods said malicious hackers were exploiting Office document attachments and PDF files in order to make more targeted attacks.

"They tend to be used in selective attacks to named individuals in organisations.

"A lot of social engineering will be used to appear legitimate and convince a user to open the attachment

"Once opened, a vulnerability in the application used to open the document will be exploited and often a tiny piece of code will execute and then download a larger file from a rogue website.

"This program will then attempt to search the computer for a particular document or file and sent it to a remote PC."

The report also highlighted the rise in the use of so-called scareware, fake security programs which falsely tell people they need to install software which does nothing other than attempt to steal personal details from a users' PC.

"It's criminals playing on people's fears," said Mr Evans.

"The advice remains the same - ensuring you have up to date software, whether that's your applications, your browser or your OS."

Habari wana JF!!
Nimepokea e-mail hii hapo chini,je nifanye km nilivyoagizwa au ndiyo hao wahuni wa kimitandao tu??

Verify Your Account To Avoid It Closed‏‏‏‏‏‏‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Tue 8/11/09 4:21 AM
To: Windows Live™ Team (ninlawan45@hotmail.com)

Dear Account User

CONFIRM YOUR WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT SERVICES. VERIFY YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT NOW TO AVOID IT CLOSED !!!

This Email is from Hotmail Customer Care and we are sending it to every Hotmail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Hotmail accounts so we are shutting down some Hotmail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your User name, password, date of birth and your country information would be needed to verify your account.

Due to the congestion in all Hotmail users and removal of all unused Hotmail Accounts, Hotmail would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

* Username: ..............................
* Password: ................................
* Date of Birth: ............................
* Country Or Territory: ................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Verify Your Account To Avoid It Closed‏‏‏‏‏‏‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Tue 8/11/09 4:21 AM
To: Windows Live™ Team (ninlawan45@hotmail.com)
Kwanza hata post yako ina utata, kwani unataka kutueleza kwamba e-mail hiyo imetoka kwa mtu mmoja na kwenda kwa mtu huyo huyo. Mimi sijaelewa hizo address, aliyetuma ni nani na aliyepokea (wewe) ni nani !!

Wezi wa account hao, ndo walivyompata Michuzi wakati fulani.
Hakuna kampuni ya maana ambayo hata siku moja itakuomba ufanye kitu kama hiko. Wanaaiita Phishing.

wadau, haya ni maneno ya email ambayo nimepokea kutoka kwa mtu ninayemfahamu. nilipatwa na mshtuko mkubwa lakini kwa kuwa mtu huyo sifahamu kwa sasa alipo bali tu najua wapi alikuwa anafanya kazi zamani nikasema ngoja nipige simu kwa hiyo ofisi yake ya zamani ili waweze kumsaidia maana jamaa ni mwandishi wa habari kwa hiyo ilikiclick akilini mwangu kwamba inawezekana ni kweli alikwenda kwenye mission na yakamkuta hayo yaliyomkuta.
vile vile kilichonisababisha nimtafute mwajiri wake ni kuwa hiyo hela sina na wala siwezi kuwa nayo, na kwa vile jammaa alinisaidia nikaona wacha nitoe taarifa kwa watu wanaoweza kumsaidia.
cha ajabu ofisi yake kweli ikakubali aliwahi kuwa mfanyakazi wao ila wakasema hizo email ni za utapeli as hata wao walipata hiyo email from two different people with eaxactly the same story na wakanihakikishia kuwa huyo jammaa hajaandika hiyo email.
swali langu kwa wataaalam wa IT ni kuwa wanawezaje kuaccess hizi email za watu na wakatuma as if ni mwenye email ndio katuma. naogopa mimi maana huenda kuna mtu kashalizwa kwa kupitia email yangu. nisaidieni tafadhali

Am in a hurry writing you this note, Just wanted to seek your help on something very important, you are the only person i could reach at this point, and i hope you come to my aid. Because something very terrible is happening to me now, i need a favor from you now,I had a trip here in Scotland on a mission.

Unfortunately for me all my money got stolen on my way to the hotel where i lodged along with my bag were my passport was ,And since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here.

So i have limited access to emails for now, please i need you to lend me about 1400Pounds so i can make arrangements and return back please,i have spoken to
the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will return the money back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.
I will be waiting to hear from you.
Regards

Hii ngoma imetapaakaa sana, jamaa yangu katoka kunipa same story sasa hivi. Asante kwa kujulisha mamember hapa.

Back
Top Bottom