Dumb Tanzania?

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Dumb Tanzania?
Adam Lusekelo
Daily News; Wednesday,November 14, 2007 @00:01

Adam Lusekelo
WE are getting to be quite a nation of great pretenders. I am not surprised that nearly all MPs, now sitting in Dodoma, have doctorates. Maybe I should also be called Dr Adam Lusekelo.

It's easy. All I need is an address in India and I will have a PhD in nuclear physics. Maybe another PhD in rocket engineering. Some guys' names are just incomplete without the Dr thing. But talk to them and you quickly realise that you are talking to mega dumdums.

Our babies now 'graduate' at nursery school, complete with gowns and funny little hats. Then they ëgraduateí after primary school. Ooops, sorry. There are no more primary schools, they are called academies.

At this rate, by the time they make it to Form Four academy, a national holiday will be declared.

Then they will get into the job market. Even then to get a job, you will have to have a heavy CV. Relevant things like who is your father or mother? But before those kids who are hanging on their parents coat tails have to have an interview. I bumped into a job interview and I was most impressed.

"Who was Galileo Galilei?"

After some nail-biting and a lot of hesitancy the young damsel answered. "He is Michael Jackson's uncle."

"Brilliant! Mongol emperor Genghis Khan was from where in the Far East?"
"Jamani, he is in Somalia?
"Great! And in the light bulb, what do you remember in the remarkable lady called Marie Currie."

"Jamani that's easy. Marie Carey sings rhythm and blues. I know Biyonce, Witney Houston and " "Fantastic! You said you are the daughter of mzee."

The interviewee utters the name of a personage of great consequence in the government and is promptly given a job for that qualification. Then in walks a young lad. "Tell us about your qualifications." Asks an interviewer.

"I have a PhD in astro-physics, a high diploma in history and a high certificate in law." "Cool. Let's do history. Chief Mkwawa was the chief of which place." "Chief Mkwawa was the centre-half of the Kaiser chiefs in South Africa."

"Correct. In law they say justice delayed is "Justice in law is justice forgotten"
"Brill! In Zanzibar. How do they remember Seyyid Said Bin Sultan?"
"He was a comrade of Karume."

"Right. You said you are the son of mzee, eh? Well you've got the job!"

mbwene2@yahoo.com

Dumb Tanzania?
Adam Lusekelo
Daily News; Wednesday,November 14, 2007 @00:01
Adam Lusekelo
...... nearly all MPs, now sitting in Dodoma, have doctorates. Maybe I should also be called Dr Adam Lusekelo.
............. But talk to them and you quickly realise that you are talking "to mega dumdums".
...........Our babies now 'graduate' at nursery school, .....There are no more primary schools, they are called academies.
mbwene2@yahoo.com

And we, ordinary Tanzanians are paying the heaviest prices!

Back
Top Bottom