Do looks really matter in life? Do good looking people have an advantage?

daxy Jr

Apr 15, 2020
I was talking to my sister (cousin), who is a teenager. I asked her preferences for her ideal boyfriend. She replied:

- He should be tall.
  • Good Looking.
  • Handsome.
  • Charming smile.
And many more things about physique and looks. I smiled at her and told her one story which I am going to share with you guys.

๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ง๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ.

My maternal aunt (Mausi) was one of the most beautiful ladies in the village. When she grew up to marriageable age, it became a difficult task to find a groom for her.

People around her wanted her to marry some handsome guy, so that it would be a perfect match. In this quest, many eligible bachelors got rejected.

But one day, luck hit their fortune and they found my maternal uncle for her. But there was one problem with him, he was unemployed and fully dependent on his dadโ€™s salary.

But nobody cared much as he was really charming, handsome, and good looking.

She got married to him.

After one month of their wedding, she got diagnosed with diabetes. Since they were from a village, instead of taking her to a doctor they took her to a nearby Godman (Baba). That godman said, โ€œShe is not ill, but she is under the control of a ghost.โ€ And she was denied any treatment from doctors.

Her health started deteriorating. They took her to the hospital where she was diagnosed with diabetes.

Her husband was abusive, he forced her to have a child. In that health condition she gave birth to a girl child. A girl child with an unemployed father became a bane for their family.

They stopped her treatment. She was forced to have another child after 2 years. Unfortunately (for them), it was again a girl.

Her good looking, charming husband abandoned her. With no treatment for diabetes, her health started deteriorating rapidly. After sometime, her kidney got damaged.

And when she died, her beauty was completely unrecognizable.

๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ.

This is a true story which I told my sister. And I left the decision to her about choosing her future partner.

Now coming to the first part of the question,

๐——๐—ผ ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐˜€ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ฒ?

Yes, they do matter. It is a harsh truth to accept, but we havenโ€™t come out of objectification of people (Be it male or female). You never see fat, ugly women in a lead role in the fashion industry.

They are not the face/ambassador of any product which companies sell in the market.

In fact, while choosing a partner, people always prefer good looking people instead of worthy ones.

Coming to second part of the question, do good looking people have an advantage?

Again my answer is yes, they do have an advantage in our society. While choosing a partner for my maternal aunt, they chose someone who was good looking instead of her worth.

If you are not good looking, you will have to struggle for 10โ€“15 years like Nawazuddin Siddiqui to prove your worth; that you are much better than the other actors in the industry.

The irony of our society, if you are not good looking then you will have to prove your worth.

Whenever you ask for partner preferences from those who have had a break up earlier, (because of bad choices) then mostly they will demand:

• Understanding.
  • Who will stand with you.
  • Who will believe in you.
  • Funny and little sarcastic.
and many other features which are no where related to their physique.

Life is yours, so are the choices.

Hapa tunajibu kwa kingereza???

NGOJA NIJARIBU; looks matters my dear , we look for features that will enables us to successful pass on our genes to the next generation and the next, (reproductive success)..which is the purpose of procreation. Now if we want our children/offsprings to successful mate and reproduce they also need to be fit to find mates. Now physical attraction means fitness which is also linked to fertility. Its not just us females prefers looks, even males looks for things like hips-waist ratio....attractiveness means fertility which means passing our genes!!.....and thats why we BOTH look for attractiveness/looks. Najua nimepuyanga but i dont care...LOL ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

NGOJA NIJARIBU; looks matters my dear , we look for features that will enables us to successful pass on our genes to the next generation and the next, (reproductive success)..which is the purpose of procreation. Now if we want our children/offsprings to successful mate and reproduce they also need to be fit to find mates. Now physical attraction means fitness which is also linked to fertility. Its not just us females prefers looks, even males looks for things like hips-waist ratio....attractiveness means fertility which means passing our genes!!.....and thats why we BOTH look for attractiveness/looks. Najua nimepuyanga but i dont care...LOL

Looks can be deceiving, Mwanamke anaenda Gym, anafanya Surgery anakuwa super

Ila genetically ni kabaya tu

Yes good looking matters. This is a bitter truth which is avoided by many. For example at my age of 30+ years, I am still looking young, tall and handsome. My look have been taking me places so many times. Is your sister a CCM cadre? If yes please connect me with her.

NGOJA NIJARIBU; looks matters my dear , we look for features that will enables us to successful pass on our genes to the next generation and the next, (reproductive success)..which is the purpose of procreation. Now if we want our children/offsprings to successful mate and reproduce they also need to be fit to find mates. Now physical attraction means fitness which is also linked to fertility. Its not just us females prefers looks, even males looks for things like hips-waist ratio....attractiveness means fertility which means passing our genes!!.....and thats why we BOTH look for attractiveness/looks. Najua nimepuyanga but i dont care...LOL ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
hii point ya passing genes umeimeza aisee๐Ÿ˜‚

Umeshasema "GOOD" looking, sasa inawezekanaje something good kutokuwa advantagous..

Dunia ya leo unahitaji vissibility and attention to excel in any career so, kama una look ya kukufanya uonekane, that's an advantage kwa kweli

Umeshasema "GOOD" looking, sasa inawezekanaje something good kutokuwa advantagous..

Dunia ya leo unahitaji vissibility and attention to excel in any career so, kama una look ya kukufanya uonekane, that's an advantage kwa kweli

Kweli tunaishi kwenye ulimwengu Shallow,

If you're good looking you can get away with everything ambavyo average looking people won't

Back
Top Bottom