Copyright rules should be respected - professor

Rutashubanyuma

JF-Expert Member
Sep 24, 2010
By AUSTIN BEYADI, 18th December 2010 @ 12:00, Total Comments: 0, Hits: 102

Principal of International Medical and Technological University Prof Flora Fabian, has advised Tanzanians to respect copyright rules in all areas and avoid copying or duplicating materials which are copy right protected.

Prof Fabian floated the advice in Dar es Salaam on Saturday during the launching of a book named 'Cell Biology and Histology.'

Prof Fabian who is a co-author of the book together with two other professors, said that copyright rules should be respected in the country and that responsible organs should act on those who violate them.

"This book was already in the streets before I approved the final copy and I saw one of my students making reference to the book before it was made public," she lamented.

Prof Fabian said the book has been published with financial support to the tune of more than 40m/- from the commission of science and technology and that it would be made available in all the three major colleges.

"The relevance and value of science must be continually communicated to the general public and how it is articulated is vital in defining how science is perceived," she said.

She said that the book has been designed to offer accurate reference and colour pictures on the behaviour of cells and when the students attend medicine classes, they would always make reference to the book which would soon be available in the market.

She said that as professors of medicines, the authors know what they teach their students and had decided to put the teachings into writing so that the students would not have easy references and understanding of various topics.

She said that the book was one of its kind to be published in the country and that it would be of major help to the medicine students in the country.

Back
Top Bottom