Bookworms of JF, what's your favorite book (s) and why?

Hatimae kwa haraka haraka nimepitia comments zote. Naweza kusema huu ni uzi bora kwangu tangu huu mwaka uanze.
Pongezi nyingi sana ziende kwa mwanzilishi wa hii mada.

Mimi sitaandika kuhusu vitabu ila nitasema niliyojifunza kupitia maoni mbali mbali ya wadau /washiriki katika huu uzi.
Kupitia comments jimejifunza mambo mengi kuhusu vitabu na waandishi wa vitabu na kujua mambo mengi ambayo sikuwahi kujua kama yapo.

1.Nimejua mambo mengi sana kuhusu Nyerere ambayo nilikuwa siyajui.

2. Nimegundua kwamba Tanzania hatupati haki ya kuwa "British Knighthood" kwa sababu Tanzania tulijenga jamii ya watu sawa isiyo na matabaka na hii ndio sababu Nyerere Alipiga marufuku Uchifu.

3.Nimegundua kumbe mwandishi wa rich dad poor dad hakuwa tajiri kabla ya kuandika hiki kitabu kama alivyotuaminisha na kampuni yake ilifilisika.

4.Nimegundua kwamba mwandishi wa The Road Ahead ambaye ni Bill Gates aliweza kutabiri mambo ya, PayPal (internet based currency, software nk 1995, na mpaka sasa utabiri umetimia.

5.Mimi ni Mkristo sikuwahi kujua mambo ya 'beloved disciple'. Na nimegundua pia kuna historia zinasema huyo beloved disciple alikuwa ni mwanamke.
Na nimegundua pia historia zimewahi kujaribu kumhusisha Christ na mambo ya ugay.

6. Mwisho kabisa nimegundua Jf kuna watu smart sana. Kuna watu wana madini ya kutosha hawapati tuu Uzi wa kutoa hayo madini yao.

Na hapo katikati palikuwa na mada chokozi ya Atheism ambayo nilitamani iendelee nijifunze pia ila wachangiaji wa pande mbili zote walikuwa na hasira kupelekea kuogopa kubadili mwelekeo wa mada.

Pongezi zangu za dhati ziende kwa Mjuni Lwambo Kiranga Khan , Paula Paul , Nowonmai na wengine kwa mijadala na uchambuzi mliokuwa mnaufanya.
Bado naendelea kujifunza.

PS. Haimaanishi nimeamini yote, ila nimegundua kwamba kuna ideas kama hizo zina exist.

I just finished "East of Eden" due to a curiosity raised by this thread to read this old classic I had on my "to read" list.

Such a wonderful kaleidoscope of cast of characters and circumstances, woven together with verve and panache by a masterful turn of phrase and plenty of brilliant quotable quotes.

I would really like to read Steinbeck's book of essays.
Could you kindly share with us some of the quotes from the book you are referring to!

I listened to the audio book of his own voice. It's really a fantastic book and his voice and accent add a lot to it. I liked the Hitler story.
I have always been interested in audio books, for I think they are instrumental in incalcating the culture of reading books. However, access to such books has always been a challenge to me. Would you be kind enough to share with us the link or mechanism that you use in accessing such audio books?

Could you kindly share with us some of the quotes from the book you are referring to!
I have been meaning to write down some of the more interesting quotes. I will scan the book again and share some here.

Steinbeck is so quotable, and often he would philosophize like an essayist in the middle of his fictional narrative. In a very insightful way that sounds so modern. While this book was published in 1952.

This is why I said I want to read his book of essays.

Stay tuned.

I have always been interested in audio books, for I think they are instrumental in incalcating the culture of reading books. However, access to such books has always been a challenge to me. Would you be kind enough to share with us the link or mechanism that you use in accessing such audio books?

Have you tried Audible? That’s what I use. It’s awesome.

And if you are an Amazon prime member, you get more perks.

Check it out.

Paula, may I call you Paula?
From all accounts Jesus led a vagabond life, at least during his ministry days. I cannot see how He could be a family man.
Also according to the customs of the time, a master(teacher) lived with his students most of the time whether indoor or not. In other words the students(disciples) always followed their teacher. Besides, women were definitely not allowed the privelege of being students. So I don’t see how The Lord Jesus could make family with Mary. The question of Mary being among the disciples would have been a huge scandal enough to earn Him an earlier crucifixion! But wait. Could Mary have masquaraded as a man for those three years of Jesus’ ministry? I doubt it. That was not such a sophiscated world back then and Jesus’ persecutors(the Pharesees,Sadducees, lawyers and scribes were always sniffing after Him.
But of course I agree with you that this is a work of the imagination. And a good one too. Talking about Jesus being a gay I have read about Brown been one too. If this is true than don’t you think he would play this card very much to his advantage? Making the man with the most popular following in the world his kin in sexuality?
However the question that beg our answer is, was Jesus tempted to practice erotic love?Because that would imply that He was corruptible after all and not the model of God’s devine love(agape) which is how He is potrayed in the Holy Book.
Thanks for being with me in this discussion Paula. I am not much into literature. Just an amateur who likes to read. Help me along whenever you can. There is so much in the world of books! Cheers
I apologize for my late response. Yes you can call me Paula.

The Gospel of John 19:25-26 ''Now there is stood by the cross of Jesus his Mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus Saw his mother and the disciple standing by, whom he loved..." So in this verse the beloved disciple was Mary Magdalene, she was among of the women mentioned to be there together with Jesus' mother and she was Single😊

"He lived with his students most of time" yes Mary also she was one of them.
Also the Gospels in the Holly Bible says, Mary was a Jesus follower and she traveled with Jesus as one of his followers. Mary was the witness to his crucifixion, buried and resurrection.

In the Non Colonial Gospel Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and they had kids. 😊😊Truthfully, I find this studies so interesting coz there are so many fascinating and mysterious like this.

Well the Idea that he married to Mary, erotic love, gay etc there is almost no information in the Bible. So it might be a conspiracy.

Sure, "there is so much in the world of books" .

My favorite books are

1. World History.

Helped me to understand the history of human kind from ancient Egyptian and Sumerian civilization up to date.

2. Human anatomy and physiology by Elaine Marietab.

Just to get key concepts about human anatomy and physiology.

Ila sijawahi kusoma kitabu nikakimaliza.Mara nyingi huwa naishia nusu au robo tatu ya kitabu.
Kwanini huwa unaishia katikati? Kinakuwa kimepoteza mvuto?
Binafsi vitabu ninavyovichagua kuvisoma huwa sitamani viishe, nikifika mwisho natamani ningekuwa na part two yake.

kitabu chochote cha Otabil mensa muhubiri wa Ghana kinacho husu Wisdom kitatusaidia nacho maana nacho kina siri za ajabu sana tusaidieni tupade pdf wapendwa muanzisha uzi tunaomba msaada
Kinaitwaje? Sawa.

Hatimae kwa haraka haraka nimepitia comments zote. Naweza kusema huu ni uzi bora kwangu tangu huu mwaka uanze.
Pongezi nyingi sana ziende kwa mwanzilishi wa hii mada.

Mimi sitaandika kuhusu vitabu ila nitasema niliyojifunza kupitia maoni mbali mbali ya wadau /washiriki katika huu uzi.
Kupitia comments jimejifunza mambo mengi kuhusu vitabu na waandishi wa vitabu na kujua mambo mengi ambayo sikuwahi kujua kama yapo.

1.Nimejua mambo mengi sana kuhusu Nyerere ambayo nilikuwa siyajui.

2. Nimegundua kwamba Tanzania hatupati haki ya kuwa "British Knighthood" kwa sababu Tanzania tulijenga jamii ya watu sawa isiyo na matabaka na hii ndio sababu Nyerere Alipiga marufuku Uchifu.

3.Nimegundua kumbe mwandishi wa rich dad poor dad hakuwa tajiri kabla ya kuandika hiki kitabu kama alivyotuaminisha na kampuni yake ilifilisika.

4.Nimegundua kwamba mwandishi wa The Road Ahead ambaye ni Bill Gates aliweza kutabiri mambo ya, PayPal (internet based currency, software nk 1995, na mpaka sasa utabiri umetimia.

5.Mimi ni Mkristo sikuwahi kujua mambo ya 'beloved disciple'. Na nimegundua pia kuna historia zinasema huyo beloved disciple alikuwa ni mwanamke.
Na nimegundua pia historia zimewahi kujaribu kumhusisha Christ na mambo ya ugay.

6. Mwisho kabisa nimegundua Jf kuna watu smart sana. Kuna watu wana madini ya kutosha hawapati tuu Uzi wa kutoa hayo madini yao.

Na hapo katikati palikuwa na mada chokozi ya Atheism ambayo nilitamani iendelee nijifunze pia ila wachangiaji wa pande mbili zote walikuwa na hasira kupelekea kuogopa kubadili mwelekeo wa mada.

Pongezi zangu za dhati ziende kwa Mjuni Lwambo Kiranga Khan , Paula Paul , Nowonmai na wengine kwa mijadala na uchambuzi mliokuwa mnaufanya.
Bado naendelea kujifunza.

PS. Haimaanishi nimeamini yote, ila nimegundua kwamba kuna ideas kama hizo zina exist.
Thank you🙏🙏🙏🙏

Kuna kitabu alinitumia Malcom Lumumba mwaka jana kama sijasahau kinaitwa World Enclopydia.. kina historia ya Dunia nzima. Toka enzi na enzi. Kila vita. Nilikipoteza

Mkuu kama una soft copy zake naomba utupie hapa ni miongoni mwa vitabu nilivyosikia habari zake ila sijabahatika kuvipata.
My favorite books are

1. World History.

Helped me to understand the history of human kind from ancient Egyptian and Sumerian civilization up to date.

2. Human anatomy and physiology by Elaine Marietab.

Just to get key concepts about human anatomy and physiology.

Ila sijawahi kusoma kitabu nikakimaliza.Mara nyingi huwa naishia nusu au robo tatu ya kitabu.

Kwanini huwa unaishia katikati? Kinakuwa kimepoteza mvuto?
Binafsi vitabu ninavyovichagua kuvisoma huwa sitamani viishe, nikifika mwisho natamani ningekuwa na part two yake.
You seem to be enthusiastic about reading books.

Sasa wengine tunasoma kwa kujilazimisha. So ukianza kitabu inafikia kipindi unakichoka unatamani kuanza kipya, ambacho unahisi kitakuwa more interesting than the current one.

You seem to be enthusiastic about reading books.

Sasa wengine tunasoma kwa kujilazimisha. So ukianza kitabu inafikia kipindi unakichoka unatamani kuanza kipya, ambacho unahisi kitakuwa more interesting than the current one.
Uchaguzi wa kitabu ndio kitu muhimu sana.
Kabla haujasoma kitabu Google ujue kinahusu nini, hapo ukiona story yake imekuvutia soma kama story haijakushawishi usijisumbue.

Hili dongo la Steinbeck lilinishika sana.

Hapa anaongelea ma al-watan wa Salinas Valley. The quote is complex, deep, philosophical, and even open.

"I think that because they trusted themselves and respected themselves as individuals, because they knew beyond doubt that they were valuable and potentially moral units—because of this they could give God their own courage and dignity and then receive it back. Such things have disappeared perhaps because men do not trust themselves any more, and when that happens there is nothing left except perhaps to find some strong sure man, even though he may be wrong, and to dangle from his coattails."

The Goodreads quotes are here East of Eden Quotes by John Steinbeck

To get the full context, you will have to read the book, there is no substitution.

Hili dongo la Steinbeck lilinishika sana.

Hapa anaongelea ma al-watan wa Salinas Valley. The quote is complex, deep, philosophical, and even open.

"I think that because they trusted themselves and respected themselves as individuals, because they knew beyond doubt that they were valuable and potentially moral units—because of this they could give God their own courage and dignity and then receive it back. Such things have disappeared perhaps because men do not trust themselves any more, and when that happens there is nothing left except perhaps to find some strong sure man, even though he may be wrong, and to dangle from his coattails."

The Goodreads quotes are here East of Eden Quotes by John Steinbeck

To get the full context, you will have to read the book, there is no substitution.
Noted with thanks Mkuu

Back
Top Bottom