Bob Marley Day (he died this day on 11 May 1981)

kichwat

JF-Expert Member
Mar 4, 2010
Bob Marley Day (he died this day on 11 May 1981)

Rastafarians all the way through celebrate the departure of who they consider as a prophet (Nesta Robert "Bob" Marley)

Bob Marley Inspirational Quotes:

1. Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
2. Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!
3. Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
4. The harder the battle the sweet of jah victory.
5. Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold
6. When one door is closed, don't you know, another is open.
7. My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.
8. Tell the children the truth.

9. Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war.
And until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war.
And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war.

tutaendelea kukuenzi ingawa ulitutoka miaka 30 iliyopita ila bado tupo pamoja kiimani na kimuziki

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our mind
Woh, have no fear for atomic energy
'Cause none of them-a can-a stop-a the time

How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look?
Yes, some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fullfill the book
Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?

Redemptionsong Lyrics (part) – Bob Marley/Uprising Album

Nesta Robert "Bob" Marley, (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a Jamaican singer-songwriter and musician. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the ska, rocksteady and reggae band Bob Marley & The Wailers (1963–1981).

Marley remains the most widely known and revered performer of reggae music, and is credited with helping spread both Jamaican music and the Rastafarian movement to a worldwide audience.

Bob Marley was born in the village of Nine Mile in Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica as Nesta Robert Marley. A Jamaican passport official would later swap his first and middle names. His father, Norval Sinclair Marley, was a white Jamaican of English descent whose family came from Essex, England. Norval was a captain in the Royal Marines, as well as a plantation overseer, when he married Cedella Booker, an Afro-Jamaican then 18 years old. Norval provided financial support for his wife and child, but seldom saw them, as he was often away on trips. In 1955, when Marley was 10 years old, his father died of a heart attack at age 60.

Born to black mother and white father Marley faced questions about his own racial identity throughout his life. He once reflected:

“I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white.”

To me:

Marley wasn’t singing about how peace could come easily to the World but rather how hell on Earth comes too easily to too many. His songs were his memories; he had lived with the wretched, he had seen the downpressers and those whom they pressed down.
Guys as we’re not sure of the next step of our life always and only Bob Marley can be right in this regard as he sings beautifully and in Jamaican accent: TIME LL TELL.
‘Gone forever but you will never be forgotten Bob!

Attachments

59.5 KB · Views: 47
Asante kichwat kwa kutukunbusha anniversary ya kifo cha huyu mwanadamu aliyepigania asili ya mtu mweusi. Unatukumbusha mengi sana na moja wapo ni kushiriki tukio la uhuru wa Zimbabwe mwaka 1980 alipotumbuiza katika sherehe. Nakumbuka alipata muda kuchat na baba Wa taifa hayati Mwl Julius Nyerere.

IN LOVING MEMORY

Last edited by a moderator:
images
images
images

Old pirates yes they rob I
Sold I to the merchant ships
Minutes after they took I from the bottom-less pit
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the almighty
We forward in this generation triumphantly
Won't you help to sing these songs of freedom
Cause all I ever had redemption songs, redemption songs
Emancipate yourself from the mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
Cause none a them can stop the time
While we stand aside and look
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the book
Cause all I ever had redemption songs, redemption songs
Emancipate yourselves from the mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
Cause none a them can stop the time
While we stand aside and look
Yes some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the book
Cause all I ever had redemption songs
All I ever had, redemption songs
These songs of freedom, songs of freedom

No woman no cry
No woman no cry
oh my little sister dont she d no tears
no woman no cry.

I remember when we used to sit
in the government yard in Trenchtown
and then Georgie would make the fire light
log wood burning through the night
then we would cook corn meal porridge
of which i will share with you
my feet is my only carrige
so i 've got to push an through
but while i'm gone
Everything gonna be alright........
Everything gonna be alright........

Ya Man. Jah live. Haile Selasie I. RASTAMAN VIBRATION. Pumzika kwa amani Mzee wa GANJA.

Asante kichwat kwa kutukunbusha anniversary ya kifo cha huyu mwanadamu aliyepigania asili ya mtu mweusi. Unatukumbusha mengi sana na moja wapo ni kushiriki tukio la uhuru wa Zimbabwe mwaka 1980 alipotumbuiza katika sherehe. Nakumbuka alipata muda kuchat na baba Wa taifa hayati Mwl Julius Nyerere.

sijui huyu Legend angekuwepo mpaka leo ingekuwaje! Matukio yalivyo mengi!!umenikumbusha issue ya Zimbabwe na habari ya Nyerere.lol

sijui huyu Legend angekuwepo mpaka leo ingekuwaje! Matukio yalivyo mengi!!umenikumbusha issue ya Zimbabwe na habari ya Nyerere.lol

Wit yoote aloimba bado yanafanyika.. And yet still its an interesting question ambalo hata mimi hua nakua interested..but hata hivyo those who die young while still needed are forever treasured for in our hearts they are forever young....

Wit yoote aloimba bado yanafanyika.. And yet still its an interesting question ambalo hata mimi hua nakua interested..but hata hivyo those who die young while still needed are forever treasured for in our hearts they are forever young....

you are quite correct Jamaal alikufa akiwa aged 36 yrs tu na carreer yake ktk music alifanya for hardly 20 yrs lakini ameacha legacy itakayodumu milele na milele

Uko sawa Asha,he left us with a treasure which i blv will stay for many generations to come! I blv God used him to deliver His messages and hence he derseve to be called a Prophet.

Uko sawa Asha,he left us with a treasure which i blv will stay for many generations to come! I blv God used him to deliver His messages and hence he derseve to be called a Prophet.

I wish i could say so but ile imani yao ya Jah Rastafari kua ililetwa na mtume alokuja baada ya Yesu (tena miaka ya karibuni) hua inanizingua kidogo....

I wish i could say so but ile imani yao ya Jah Rastafari kua ililetwa na mtume alokuja baada ya Yesu (tena miaka ya karibuni) hua inanizingua kidogo....

Tarehe 21 May 2001 BBC waliutangaza wimbo wake Wa 'One love' kama best song of all time baada ya kuendesha mahojiano na wapenzi wa muziki. Naomba mwenye mistari ya huu wimbo ayaweke hapa jamvini ili iwe ndiyo namna ya kumuenzi huyu gwiji wa reggae duniani

Tarehe 21 May 2001 BBC waliutangaza wimbo wake Wa 'One love' kama best song of all time baada ya kuendesha mahojiano na wapenzi wa muziki. Naomba mwenye mistari ya huu wimbo ayaweke hapa jamvini ili iwe ndiyo namna ya kumuenzi huyu gwiji wa reggae duniani

Jah maaaaaaaaaaan Rasta wanna sing with Bob! Let us get down to the music

One Love, One Heart
Let's get together and feel all right
Hear the children crying (One Love)
Hear the children crying (One Heart)
Sayin' give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
Sayin' let's get together and feel all right

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (One Love)
There is one question I'd really like to ask (One Heart)
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own?
Believe me

One Love, One Heart
As it was in the beginning (One Love)
So shall it be in the end (One Heart)
Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
One more thing

Let's get together to fight this Holy Armageddon (One Love)
So when the Man comes there will be no no doom (One Song)
Have pity on those whose chances grove thinner
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation

Sayin' One Love, One Heart
I'm pleading to mankind (One Love)
Oh Lord (One Heart)

Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right

Nikupe nyingine man?

Kuna hii inafanana na tutakavyowafanya jamaa!

Crazy baldheads

Them crazy, them crazy
We gonna chase those crazy
Baldheads out of town
Chase those crazy baldheads
Out of town

I and I build a cabin
I and I plant the corn
Didn't my people before me
Slave for this country
Now you look me with a scorn
Then you eat up all my corn

We gonna chase those crazy baldheads
Chase them crazy
Chase those crazy baldheads out of town

Build your penitentiary, we build your schools
Brainwash education to make us the fools
Hate is your reward for our love
Telling us of your God above

Chase those crazy bunkheads

Here comes the conman
Coming with his con plan
We won't take no bribe, we got stay alive

Chase those crazy baldheads

SO JAH SEH

So jah seh,
Not one of my seeds,
Shall sit in the sidewalk
And beg bread.
(no they can't and you know that they won't)
So jah seh,
Not one of my seeds,
Shall sit in the sidewalk
And beg your bread.
(no they can't and you know that they won't)
And verily, verily,
I'm singing unto thee
Inite oneself and love imanity
Cause puss and dog get together
What's wrong with loving one another
Cause puss and dog they get together
What's wrong with you my brother
So jah seh
Ye are the sheep of my pasture
So verily, thou shall be very well
So jah seh
Ye are the sheep of my pasture