Arsenal - New Era at the Emirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

_49287354_songmedo_getty.jpg

The Gunners travel to Serbia without Theo Walcott, Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas but can be confident following their last Champions League outing, the 6-0 drubbing of Braga

_49287355_arshavin_ap.jpg

Despite the three-quarter light, Jack Wilshire shines brightest for Arsenal and sets up Andrey Arshavin with a clever bit of footwork to open the scoring for the away side

_49288016_arshavinmisses_afp.jpg

The second half comes to life when last man Marko Jovanovic brings down Marouane Chamakh in the box, Jovanic is sent off but Vladimir Stojkavic, once of Wigan, saves Arshavin's spot kick

_49288178_chamakh_afp.jpg

But the extra man makes the difference for Arsenal and the constant pressure since Arshavin's miss sees Chamakh score on the rebound after Stojkovic can only valiantly tip the Moroccan's header against the bar

_49288273_squillaci_getty.jpg

Despite the home side's stoic defence and the efforts of Stojkovic, the Gunners add a third with eight minutes left when Sebastien Squillaci heads home Samr Nasri's corner

happy-anski-SPLASH_1134580a.jpg

_49288488_cleomiss_getty.jpg

There's still time for Kieran Gibbs to concede a penalty, which Lukasz Fabianksi saves from Cleo, and Squillaci to let in Ivica Iliev, who is likewise thwarted by Fabianski, but will Arsenal's Polish keeper start against Chelsea?

article-0-0B64C170000005DC-511_468x286.jpg

fab_1134525a_1134653a.jpg

CLEO PAIN ... Gunners hero Lukasz Fabianski saves the Belgrade striker's spot kick

Marouane-Chamakh-goal-v-Partizan_2508843.jpg

Marouane Chamakh heads Arsenal back in front against Partizan...

Sebastien-Squillaci-celeb-v-Partizan_2508844.jpg

...before Sebastien Squillaci wraps up a 3-1 victory.

article-1316060-0B64B7F4000005DC-70_233x423.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he is pleased that his side were able to "bounce back" after losing to West Brom by beating Partizan Belgrade 1-3 in the Champions League. Wenger also praises the performance of goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski who saved a penalty and young midfielder Jack Wilshere who played a pivotal role in the game.

SOCCER_Arsenal_9_1135699a.jpg

FITNESS DOUBT ... Cesc Fabregas

ARSENE WENGER admits Cesc Fabregas is in a race against time to be fit for Arsenal's crunch clash with Chelsea on Sunday.
Gunners captain Fabregas has been sidelined with a hamstring injury for almost two weeks and has been left out of the Spain squad for their upcoming European Championship qualifiers. Asked about the likelihood of his skipper returning for this weekend's Premier League trip to Stamford Bridge, boss Wenger said: "I don't know. "It looks a 50-50, but a 50-50 balancing on the negative side. I will find out on Saturday morning."

One headache the Gunners manager could be spared is over the goalkeeping position after revealing Manuel Almunia was even less likely to feature than his compatriot. Spaniard Almunia suffered an elbow injury during last weekend's shock defeat to West Brom, while understudy Lukasz Fabianski shone in Tuesday night's Champions League win at Partizan Belgrade. Abou Diaby will be in the squad but may not start following his ankle problem, but Thomas Vermaelen (Achilles) remains sidelined. When asked about Almunia, Wenger said: "That one is even more difficult.
"He has not been in a regular training session. So I will see. "Vermaelen? No. Abou Diaby has an 80 per cent chance to be involved. I am not sure if he will be completely 100 per cent but it is 100 per cent he will be in the squad."

Keep them guessing ... ...

Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal can beat Chelsea...even without Cesc Fabregas

article-0-0B341C4B000005DC-336_634x353.jpg

article-0-0B735E98000005DC-83_634x459.jpg

Leo tutaona kitale kinavyotembezwa pale darajani wakati tukiwabangua mafioso team ... ...

Tatizo lililopo ni referee mnoko ambaye huwa hakosi kupokea kitu kidogo, huyu aliharibu World cup na hawa FA chijui wamemuwekaje hapa kwa hawa Mafia! Lakini sio tabu goli 3 - 1

Wenye wivu wajinyonge

mnaaanza visingizio hata game haijaanza
Si wewe ulikuwa unamsifia Wine Rooooo au masahau chacha. Enjoy kitale leo kazi moja tu kuwabangua Mafisadi wazandiki si unajua wakifungwa matusi hadi chumbani. Na leo kama jukwaa hili halikwenda kwenye matengenezo chijui.

Chelsick washeherekea ushindi baada ya kubebwa na Mike Dean ... ...

'Chelsea were on the ropes for long periods'

"I think we were a bit unfortunate as well because the first goal was a foul on Song from Ramieres – 100 per cent foul. After that we made a mistake that should not happen at the near post and Drogba took advantage of it. After the second half it was one-way traffic and in the last 10 to 15 minutes Chelsea were counter-attacking. But we missed too many chances at that level and in the final third you need to be more clinical offensively and defensively. We had a great team performance and great energy.

"You could see that Chelsea finished with cramps because they had to run a lot, so I give credit to my team. But we have to be more clinical to win titles – we can't lose a game like that."

article-1317524-0B76480E000005DC-935_468x290.jpg

We'll be just Fab: Lukasz Fabianski is confident
Arsenal can maintain a title push despite defeat at Chelsea

article-1317524-0B761807000005DC-192_306x423.jpg

Not close enough: Marouane Chamakh
wasted a number of headed chances
at Stamford Bridge

A star-studded crowd packed London's O2 on Monday night as the the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves went head-to-head in an NBA pre-season game.

Arsenal players Robin van Persie, Thomas Vermaelen, Cesc Fabregas and Carlos Vela were among those watching on. Bobby Zamora and Darren Bent continued the Premier League theme.

article-1317741-0B7A130B000005DC-490_634x425.jpg

Crocked lot: Arsenal players (L-R) Robin van Persie, Thomas Vermaelen, Cesc Fabregas and Carlos Vela watch on from courtside

A star-studded crowd packed London's O2 on Monday night as the the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves went head-to-head in an NBA pre-season game.

Arsenal players Robin van Persie, Thomas Vermaelen, Cesc Fabregas and Carlos Vela were among those watching on. Bobby Zamora and Darren Bent continued the Premier League theme.

article-1317741-0B7A130B000005DC-490_634x425.jpg

Arsenal players (L-R) Robin van Persie, Thomas Vermaelen, Cesc Fabregas and Carlos Vela watch on from courtside

We will be back with a bang!

Double boost for Arsenal

as Cesc Fabregas declares himself fit again

and Theo Walcott also nears comeback

Arsenal are set to be boosted by the return of fit-again captain Cesc Fabregas after the international break, while England forward Theo Walcott may also be available for the crunch trip to Manchester City in two weeks' time. Fabregas has not featured since injuring a hamstring when scoring a bizarre goal at Sunderland on September 18, while Walcott's fine early season form was halted by a badly sprained ankle during England's Euro 2012 qualifier win in Switzerland at the start of September. However, Spain midfielder Fabregas has now declared himself fit, although he will not be involved in Spain's games against Lithuania or Scotland.

article-0-0B3F5538000005DC-724_468x308.jpg

Mixed fortunes: Fabregas was injured at Sunderland
after scoring a bizarre goal

Walcott is making good progress but will not rush his recovery, with the trip to Eastlands on October 24 perhaps a more realistic target than when Birmingham visit Emirates Stadium in the first match following the internationals. Goalkeeper Manuel Almunia is also expected to have recovered from the elbow injury which forced him out of the Gunners' last two matches, allowing understudy Lukasz Fabianski to impress in the 3-1 away Champions League victory over Partizan Belgrade.

Denmark forward Nicklas Bendtner has not played at all this season because of a niggling groin problem after the World Cup. The 22-year-old, though, hopes to be back in contention by the end of the month and in the 'best shape ever'. Bendtner said: 'Now I am ready [to train]. Some of the boys have time off because of their internationals, but otherwise I train together with the other first-team players at Arsenal and I have enjoyed myself so much.

article-0-0B144797000005DC-109_468x362.jpg

Blow: Walcott has been out since being injured
on England duty in Switzerland

'I have no pain in the groin and have trained so hard physically that maybe I am in my best shape ever. 'I need only a couple of reserve team matches to be quite sharp in football terms. It is my hope that I can be with the first team in 14 days.' Full-back Kieran Gibbs (calf) is also set to return after missing the England Under-21s European Championship play-off against Romania, but manager Arsene Wenger admits Thomas Vermaelen's Achilles injury suffered on the last international break is proving slow to heal.

Holland striker Robin van Persie is expected to be available again by the start of November following an ankle injury, while Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey should also be back well ahead of the Christmas programme nine months after breaking his leg against Stoke.

Wenye wivu wajinyonge ... .... .... khe khe khe

Status
Not open for further replies.