Aeroplane lands on Masaka-Kampala highway

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
1250707520celebcrash.jpg

Bemused residents looking at Portuguese tourists Pedro Lobo do Vale and wife Fatima kissing shortly after the plane landed on the highway
Three people emerged terrified but happy to be alive after their plane made an emergency landing on the busy Kampala-Masaka highway, reports Jude Kafuuma.

The six-seater plane, belonging to the Kampala Aero Club Flight Training Centre, had an emergency landing in the middle of the road at Kyabaddaza, about 40km west of Kampala.

Vehicles were forced to duck into the nearby bushes as the plane staggered in the middle of the tarmac, its wings spread across the road, towards a school compound.

The 11:15am incident drew a huge crowd of residents.

The Cessna plane, which had two Portuguese passengers on board, was travelling from Kisoro Gorilla Mountain Park to the airbase in Kajjansi, near Kampala.

Pilot Steve Considine and the passengers, Pedro Lobo do Vale and his wife, Fatima, were unhurt and visibly relieved.

Residents came to the rescue of the group and pushed the plane from the road towards Jireh High School.

“We don’t know what happened,” said Pedro Lobo do Vale. “We just saw the plane going down abruptly and the pilot directed it towards the road which he used as a runway. He didn’t speak to us until we came out.”

The tourists arrived in Uganda on Monday and were touring the country.

“This is an emergency but it is a wonderful experience that we never had before,” said Fatima. “We never came across so many children and native Ugandans and mixed with them so freely.”

The pilot said the plane was about 2,000 metres above the ground when it developed technical problems.

“The engine could not respond. Probably it was failure of the fuel pump to supply the engine.”

Spotting spills of fuel below the left wing of the Cessna plane, he remarked: “This could have been a leakage that led to the low supply of fuel to the engine.”

It was the first time he had to do an emergency landing, he added.

By press time, the plane was surrounded by curious revellers.

“I am confused on what to do with the passengers. I have called my boss in Kampala to come with a technical team to assist me,” Considine said.

Any airplane that is serviced by Africans or flown by Africans is a flying coffin or has a very high probability of turning into one. That's why I don't fly African carriers. These tourists better thank their lucky stars.

Any airplane that is serviced by Africans or flown by Africans is a flying coffin or has a very high probability of turning into one. That's why I don't fly African carriers. These tourists better thank their lucky stars.

The Truth you are not alone...

We had a Minister in Kenya with the same disoriented thinking!

The true "Black Hermit" in the making!

unajuwa huku ni kutawaliwa kimawazo ndio kunakosababisha hadi leo tuwe hivi, vipi mtu mwenye akili anasema eti hasafiri na ndege inayoendeshwa na muafrika, kule Marekani nilikwenda, nilipanda ndege moja nafikiri ni United ilikuwa na Captain ni Mtanzania, sasa vipi wazungu wameweza kumpa mswahili dhamana ya abiria 300 kwa mswahili na sisi huku tulipo eti hatumuamini, hivi mawazo mgando yataondoka lini jamani?

unajuwa huku ni kutawaliwa kimawazo ndio kunakosababisha hadi leo tuwe hivi, vipi mtu mwenye akili anasema eti hasafiri na ndege inayoendeshwa na muafrika, kule Marekani nilikwenda, nilipanda ndege moja nafikiri ni United ilikuwa na Captain ni Mtanzania, sasa vipi wazungu wameweza kumpa mswahili dhamana ya abiria 300 kwa mswahili na sisi huku tulipo eti hatumuamini, hivi mawazo mgando yataondoka lini jamani?
hicho kijamaa the truth ni ponjoli from Mumbai slum baguzi kubwa....

I am not surprised by these comments coming from a mental "off- spring" of THE DUKE OF KABETESHIRE a ka Charies Njonjo!!

Which ones have a higher crash rate statistically? African airlines or others. We here every day carriers from Europe and America crashing.

His a "slum dog" if you have seen the movie "Slum Dog Millionaire" which portrays the reality of most Indians. Don't waste your breath.

Hii inanikumbusha siku moja huko nyuma jamaa moja jingajinga hivi kama wewe lilikataa kuhudumiwa na air hostess mweusi wa Continental Airlines, akamwambia amwitie mkuu wao atete naye -akitegemea ni mzungu, just to learn kwamba hata mkuu wao ni mweusi! Shame on you!

Huyu ********* ni mbaguzi na posts zake zote ni za kibaguzi.
shame on you. Kwani huku Afrika unatafuta nini wewe mkimbizi usiye na kwenu? Si ni shida za kwenu tu zinakukimbiza huku na kule?
Kila post yako imejaa ubaguzi dhidi ya blacks hivi una shida gani wewe?

Are you serious? Watu wengine kama hamna kitu cha kusema ni bora kunyamaza. Ina maana ajali zote zilizotokea mwaka huu kama vile air france iliyowabeba wabrazil, US air iliyoanguka kule Hudson river etc.hizo mapilot wake walikuwa waafrika? acha u%$#@zi wako. Afrika kuna vichwa bwana ingawa ufisadi ndio unatusumbua. Mimi huwa sipendi sana kuongea humu, lakini hili umeniboa mkulu wangu.

Huyu ********* ni mbaguzi na posts zake zote ni za kibaguzi.
shame on you. Kwani huku Afrika unatafuta nini wewe mkimbizi usiye na kwenu? Si ni shida za kwenu tu zinakukimbiza huku na kule?
Kila post yako imejaa ubaguzi dhidi ya blacks hivi una shida gani wewe?
Una tegemea nini wakati ume washika pabaya wajomba zake Yusuph Manji na Jeetu Patel? Hahaha.

Huyu ana mtindio.

Hauelewi unachokisema! Sijui utaniambia nini juu ya ndege ya shirika la ndege la Ufaransa iliyozama kwenye bahari ya Atlantic na Ile ya Yemeni kwenye bahari ya hindi. Hizi au Hawa Pia ni black! Chuja kauli zako.

Which ones have a higher crash rate statistically? African airlines or others. We here every day carriers from Europe and America crashing.

Could Be Europe or America, it depends on how you look at it.

But ve' you ever asked yourself why!?, I'll Help You with the answer to it, Its Because they have More Planes "if you put together" than us, Yes I'm talking about Africans.

B.

Achilia mbali ndege, tuna mtanzania pale kwenye nulear research centre ufaransa na wengine wengi tu na wana aminiwa na kulindwa sana. Hawa watu wenye mawazo mgando labda ni wahindi, lakini wahindi ndo hawajiwezi kabisa ukizingatia hata genetics zao ni dhaifu mno.

Nadhani wewe ni pumbafu kabisa. Subirini mseveni aondoke madarakani muone cha moto!! Sisi tumewakaribisha sasa hivi mnajiona vijogoo!!!!

A good thing is "you will never, ever be an african and i guess you are not!!"

veve bana hii jeuri yako inatoka wapi? kama sio Afrika hiyo hela ya wizi isingekufikisha hapo ulipo, bana wewe ingekuwa India singekuwa na domo kama hiyo ya kusema

Katafute airline yenye pilot wazuri basi utaambiwa ni Ethiopia hiyo ni africa sio zungu

na hii blog ya jamii ni ya waafrika sasa wewe kwanini sijiunge na wazungu?

S&#$s*@d

Back
Top Bottom