2012 Best Antivirus for Windows 7

Herbalist Dr MziziMkavu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 3, 2009
1. Avira AntiVir Premium

Avira has had a pretty good track record and its free antivirus continues to be one of the most preferred amongst the horde of free antivirus programs. So how does the “premium” version match up? Not to well we’re afraid, Avira AntiVir premium offers very less over its own free version and thus Avira ends up being its own competitor. It’s the cheapest antivirus out there at 23.95$, and offers above average protection, but you’re better off with another antivirus. Oh and if you insist on Avira, it’s better to get the free antivirus, although its not the best antivirus for Windows 7.
AviraAntivirus2012PremiumRealtime.png

2. ESET NOD32 Antivirus

ESET’s new antivirus offers good detection and is easy to use, but it is let down by the below average ability to remove detected threats. It’s fairly low on resource usage as well and uses even less resources when battery mode on laptops is detected, which is a good touch. However, problems with malware detection and removal have been reported in Windows 7. At 39.99$ it is one of the most expensive antiviruses and frankly, doesn’t justify its price.
eav05_01.png

3. BullGuard Antivirus 2012

A relatively unknown name in antvirus software, BullGuard antivirus offers pretty good malware detection & removal, excellent antispam and heuristics. It also has a good looking and easy to use interface and the customer support is very good as well. But the core ability of malware detection and removal is good and not great. BullGuard Antivirus 2012 retails for 29.95$, which is a good price point, but based on core abilities, it ranks 8th in our list.
1331032862_bullguard-antivirus-12-5.jpg

4. Avast! Pro Antivirus 2012

Avast! is rather well known for its free antivirus software. The Pro version is also quite good with one of the best detection rates in the market. But it is let down by the low malware removal or repair ability and doesn’t offer antiphishing like many of its competitors. Avast! Pro retails for 39.95$ and is a good choice if malware protection is all you’re looking for.
1330948255_avast-pro-antivirus-2012-1.png

5. G-Data Antivirus 2012

G-Data Antivirus is one of the best antivirus for Windows 7 out there. It features excellent malware detection and removal rates, amongst the best in the industry. G-Data Antivirus 2012 uses two virus scanning engines, so rest assured you’re always protected. The slightly drab interface and lack of a few features like silent mode and battery saver mode hinder this excellent product. At 29.95$, it’s also great value for money and is highly recommended based upon malware protection abilities.
largeImg.png

6. AVG Anti-Virus 2012

Another stalwart in the computer security game, AVG is one of the most well known companies because of its free antivirus. It has very good malware detection including spyware, adware and the like. On-access scanning, spam filter and pattern based recognition are some of the features offered by AVG Anti-Virus 2012. But threat removal isn’t up to the mark and the interface is hardly good-looking. Nevertheless, it’s a worthy option at 34.99$.
AVG-Anti-Virus-2012-Overview.png

7. Panda AntiVirus Pro 2012

Panda AntiVirus 2012 is a very close contender for the best antivirus for Windows 7. It features excellent malware detection and even better removal. Unlike most other antivirus softwares, Panda AntiVirus Pro 2012 comes with an integrated firewall that is also very robust. Overall it’s an excellent product with pretty good value for money at 39.99$. Other antiviruses also come for the same price, but they don’t include firewalls and that’s what makes Panda AntiVirus Pro 2012 a great choice.
Panda_Antivirus_Pro_2012-184221.jpg

8. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012

Now we’re in the top 3 where all the biggies in the computer security industry reside. The well known Russian company Kaspersky have again come out with a great product in Kasperky Anti-Virus 2012. Kaspersky has an industry leading 100% malware detection rate and has pretty good removal as well. But the antiphishing is somewhat weak and some particular malware types cause problems with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012. Overall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 is one of the best antivirus for Windows 7 at 39.95$.
Screenshot_Kaspersky_Anti-Virus_2012__2_.jpg

9. BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2012

BitDefender AntiVirus Plus also has a near perfect malware detection rate like the top security software and a very good removal rate as well. A snazzy UI and a price point of 39.95$ for 3 licenses work in its favor. However, BitDefender is extremely large for just an antivirus software and weighs in around 850MB. Also, the malware removal rate is quite slow. Still, it is one of the best available in the market today.
MainView.png

nipo kwenye avast, sijawai experience tatizo lolote , mashine ipo mzuka always , sijawai kuplan kuhamia sehemu nyingine

On my side for Windows 7 OS I rate Kaspersky Internet security and Microsoft Security Essential as the best programs to ensure all forms of protection and they does not affect the maltitasking speed of the PC.

Avast! Antivirus Pro 7.0.1426 + Activation until 2050

Installation Help :

• After Downloading the file double click on that file, it will ask u select the program from the list, select it and give OK.
  • After that Open with windows open, from that window select WINRAR Archiver, after selecting it give OK.
  • That's it Avast Pro 7 folder is created now. Now u can open that folder and run avast pro 7 exe and u can take help from "how to.txt" which is in that folder .
  • With that note u can easily understand what u have to do after installing avast pro 7.exe.

Avast! Pro Antivirus is for people and companies that want a customized computer security package. Antivirus and internet protection components in avast! Pro Antivirus are built for easy integration with existing firewalls in users' home or work computers. Pro Antivirus has two major additions to the core protection elements in avast! Free Antivirus: the Script Engine and the Sandbox.

Maximum protection, now powered by new avast! SafeZone technology:
• Protects your sensitive online shopping and banking transactions
• Ensures your safety on social networks (Facebook, etc.) or IM chats
• Blocks hacker attacks, to protect your identity

Core Technologies:
• Antivirus and anti-spyware engine Improved
• Real-time anti-rootkit protection
• Silent Firewall Improved
• Antispam Improved
• avast! WebRep New
• avast! CommunityIQ

Features :

• • Boot-time scanner Improved
    • avast! SafeZone New
    • AutoSandbox New
    • avast! Sandbox
    • Intelligent Scanner
    • Silent/Gaming Mode
    • Green computing

avast! Real-time Shields – a team of 24/7 guards:
    • File System Shield
    • Mail Shield
    • Web Shield Improved
    • P2P Shield/IM Shield
    • Network Shield
    • Script Shield Improved
    • Behavior Shield Improved
  • Others:
    • 64-bit support New
    • Heuristics engine
    • Code emulator
    • Automatic processing
    • Smart virus definition updates
    • Fast application of updates
    • Multi-threaded scanning optimization
    • Wake-up/Scheduled scanning
    • Command-line scanner
Screenshot :

Minimum Requirements :

• Windows XP, Windows 7 (64 bits), Windows 7 (32 bits), Vista 64 bits, Vista 32 bits
  • Internet connection
'Avast_Antivirus_Pro_v7.0.1426_by_ostaraspring.rar' - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

'Avast_Antivirus_Pro_v7.0.1426_by_ostaraspring.rar' - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Ultimate Collection of Best Free Online Virus Scanners

If you like this article, please share it with your friends and contacts on Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter using following buttons so that they can also enjoy the article:

Its always advised to install an antivirus in our computer system so that it can regularly scan our system and remove suspicious items. Sometimes we might need online virus scanner to scan our system or to scan a particular file.

The reason is very simple, online scanners are easy to use. You don't need to install them. Also online scanners always have up-to-date

virus definition databases. You don't need to pay anything for them. Also online scanners come to rescue when you can't install an

antivirus in your system because of an existing virus infection.

So today in this topic, we are going to list the best free online virus scanners which are absolutely free to use:

Give them a try and let us know which one do you like the most and why?

Panda Internet Security 2012 Full Serial

1.jpg

Download Link :
PanISXII.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

License-key Link :
Lic.txt - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

Panda Internet Security 2012 Full Serial is a security suite that lets you use the Internet for everything, such as shopping and banking online, with peace of mind and without interruption, and various other things that require an internet connection and a computer connection to a computer or a computer with a device.

Panda Internet Security 2012 Full Version allows you to be free from the threat of spam, and allow you to surf the Web privately and securely with the new Panda Safe Browser. Your children will navigate safely on the Internet with enhanced Parental Control.

Features of Panda Internet Security 2012 Full :
Protection against all types of viruses and threats
Collective Intelligence
Virtual Keyboard
Remote PC Access
Tech Support via email and Web
Tech Support Forum
Live up to the minute updates
Online Backup
SOS Virus
Personal Firewall
Panda USB Vaccine
Panda Safe Browser (Sandboxing)
Multimedia or Gaming Mode
Home Network Manager
Panda SafeCD
AntiSpam Protection
Parental Control
Identity Protect
Backup and Restore, etc.
Screenshots :

Minimum Requirements :
300 MHZ Of Processor
275 MB free HDD space
RAM 128 MB without TruPrevent or 512 MB with TruPrevent
Windows XP (32 bit)/ Vista/ 7 (32 and 64 bits)

AVG mwisho wa maneno.

Sent from my NOKIA 3310 using Tapatalk HD

Avira Internet Security 2012 12.0.0.867 Full License Until 2015

Avira+2012+Logo.png
Avira+Internet+Security+2012.jpg

Download Link :
avira_internet_security_en.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Serial-key Download Link :
Avira Internet Security Keys.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Installation Help Txt File Download Link :
Avira internet security 2012 help note.txt - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

Avira Internet Security 2012 12.0.0.867 Full License Until 2015 carry a very strong protection for computers that you frequently use to browsing on the internet.Avira Internet Security 2012 or Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 are recommended for those of you who frequently shop on the Internet, access the bank website, payment processor (likePaypal), etc. without having you think about how to protect your computer when the Offline and without confusion that your identity is stolen someone else.

Here are some features found on the Avira Internet Security 2012 V12.0.0.867 :

DETECTION
System Scanner
AntiSpam
AntiBot
AntiPhishing
AntiAd/Spyware
Rootkit Protection
PREVENTION
Real-Time Protection
FireWall
ProActive
AHeAD Technology
Web Protection
AntiDrive-by
Mail Protection
REPAIR
Quick Removal
Generic Repair
Backup System
Rescue System
EXTRA BENEFITS
Express Installation
Netbook Support
Live Support
Game Mode
Child Protection
Screenshots :

Minimum Requirements :
Windows XP SP2/ Vista/ 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
512 MB of RAM
150 MB Free HDD Space

AVG mwisho wa maneno.

@asrams Mkuu AVG haina mpango ipo slow kama kobe inafanya computer yako kuenda taratibu mimi nimeitumia mwanzo kabisa mwaka 1998 mpaka mwaka 2002 nilipoitowa na kutumia NOD Anti-Virus - kisha nikatumia Kaspersky Anti-Virus mpaka mwaka 2005 ndipo nilipoanza kutumia avira nipo nayo mpaka hii leo avira ni kiboko ya Anti-Virus zote mkuu Ninakushauri utumie Avira usitumie AVG haina mpango wowote ule.

@asrams Mkuu AVG haina mpango ipo slow kama kobe inafanya computer yako kuenda taratibu mimi nimeitumia mwanzo kabisa mwaka 1998 mpaka mwaka 2002 nilipoitowa na kutumia NOD Anti-Virus - kisha nikatumia Kaspersky Anti-Virus mpaka mwaka 2005 ndipo nilipoanza kutumia avira nipo nayo mpaka hii leo avira ni kiboko ya Anti-Virus zote mkuu Ninakushauri utumie Avira usitumie AVG haina mpango wowote ule.

Poa, Avira ni free au? Ntajaribu tafuta file yake kwa torrent. Asante kwa ushauri wako.

MziziMkavu mbona umesahau microsoft essential? au siyo the best as you classfied them?

Last edited by a moderator:
MziziMkavu mbona umesahau microsoft essential? au siyo the best as you classfied them?
@gfsowin mkuu microsoft essential it is a Fake anti-Virus. microsoft essential haina mpango wowote ile ni Ant-Virus ya uongo haisaidii kulinda Computer yako Tafadhali usiitumie hiyo kabisa Bora Tumia Avira Antivir au avast au Kaspesky Ant-Virus au NOD Anti-Virus zilizobakia ni Majina makubwa hazina mpango wowote ule.

Is Your Free AV a System Hog?

Antivirus software is a necessity these days but some solutions are a bigger drain on system resources than others. See how AVG, Microsoft, Avast and Comodo compare.
By Eric Geier | November 01, 2011 Share

The effectiveness of malware detection, how well it catches infections, is the chief characteristic to consider when choosing an antivirus program. But resource consumption, how much system resources it uses, is also important. This is especially true on older machines where heavy duty usage by your AV software can bog down the system and make it crawl when running scans.

In a previous article, A Guide to Free Antivirus Software, I reviewed four different free antivirus programs from Avast, Comodo, AVG, and Microsoft. I looked at the security features of each. Now, I am reviewing the resource consumption of the same four programs.

Here I discuss the system requirements, download sizes, and the installation process. I also share the average physical memory (RAM) and processor (CPU) usage I saw while testing. Lastly, I discuss any performance settings that can help control the resource consumption.

avast! Free Antivirus 6 - avast! Free Antivirus 6 supports Windows 2000 Pro SP4, XP SP2 or SP3, Windows Vista, and 7. It requires at least a Pentium III processor with 128MB of RAM and 200MB of free hard disk space.

The install file is fairly large at 56.2MB, but no additional downloads are required. The installation took only about three minutes, included an initial quick scan, and didn’t even require a reboot. After the install, it quickly updated the virus definitions.

Here are the memory usage numbers I saw for the two running avast processes:

Avastui.exe (avast! Antivirus) 6,044K
AvastSvc.exe (avast! Service) 14,442K and 37,042K during scanning
While idle, the total memory usage was around 20,486K. During the quick scan I ran, the total increased to about 43,086K, and CPU usage was about 5 percent to 15 percent. It took 11 minutes and scanned 25,625 items.

In the settings I found a couple resource control features. In the scanning settings, you can choose a scan priority: High (default), Normal, or Low. The higher the priority, the more system resources it will use. I also found avast uses a caching feature to help speed up real-time and manual scans. It does this by not rescanning files previously marked as safe until a reboot or a virus definition update.

I also found two useful scan scheduling settings for laptops: you can enable it to not start if running on batteries and pause if you begin to use batteries.

COMODO Internet Security 5.5 - COMODO Internet Security (CIS) supports Windows XP SP2 or higher, Vista, and 7. It requires 128 MB of RAM and 350MB of free disk space.

The download file at 59.7MB was the biggest of those I reviewed, but I didn’t have to do any further downloading during the install. Like avast, the installation only took about three minutes and didn’t require a reboot. But it did require a 10 minute update process, including a 142MB download.

Here is memory usage numbers I saw for the four running processes:

Cfp.exe (COMODO Internet Security) 8,904K
Cmdagent.exe (COMODO Internet Security) 10,592K and 52,616K during scanning
Clps.exe (COMODO GeekBuddy) 27,520K
Clpsls.exe (COMODO livePCsupport Service) 2,876K
While idle these add up to 49,892K of memory usage. They recommend a full scan after install, but they also offer a critical areas scan, which is what I ran. During the six minutes it took to scan 201,909 items, the memory usage was very sporadic but averaged around 91,916K and 5 percent to70 percent CPU usage.

Keep in mind, the bottom two processes in the list above are for the optional GeekBuddy service COMODO provides. This is included in the install by default but you can easily opt out of it during the installation. If you do, you’ll see a reduction in resource consumption. For instance, I saw memory usage around 19,496K at idle and 61,520K while scanning.

Unlike with the other programs, I didn’t find any settings in CIS to limit CPU or resource usage.

fig1.PNG

fig2.PNG

AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012 - AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012 supports Windows XP, Vista, and 7. It requires an Intel Pentium 1.5 GHz or faster process with 512 MB of RAM and a whopping 950 MB of free disk space.

The initial download file was a meager 3.71MB, but an additional 53.7MB was downloaded during the install. After the eight minute installation, a reboot wasn’t required. But it took another two minutes to analyze and update, including a 65.8MB virus definition update.

I was surprised to see 10 processes for AVG:

avgui.exe (AVG User Interface) 11,280K
avgwdsvc.exe (AVG Watchdog Service) 13,200K
avgtray.exe (AVG Tray Monitor) 9,784K
avgnsx.exe (AVG Online Shield Service) 236K
avgidsagent.exe (AVG Identity Protection Service) 12,816K
vprot.exe (VProtect Application for SafeSearch) 6,528K
sidebar.exe (to run the desktop gadget) 10,644K
avgrsx.exe (AVG Resident Shield Service) 400K and 15,500K during scanning
avgcsrvx.exe (AVG Scanning Core Module – Server Part) 336K and 7,000K during scanning
avgscanx.exe (AVG Command-line Scanning Utility) 9,716 K during scanning only
Sitting at idle these totaled about 65,224K of memory usage. During the whole computer scan I ran (a quick scan isn’t offered), the total memory usage increased to around 96,704K with CPU usage 10 percent to 20 percent. It took 68 minutes to scan 1,030,702 items.

In the scanning settings I found you can adjust how quickly each scan type completes. The faster it scans, the more system resources it uses. You can specify the speed (low, medium, and high) or it can automatically adjust itself depending upon available resources.

fig3.PNG

Microsoft Security Essentials - Lastly, I reviewed Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) version 2.1. It supports Windows XP SP3 with a 500 MHz or higher processor and 256 MB of RAM. It supports Windows Vista SP1 or SP2 and Windows 7 with a 1.0 GHz or higher processor and 1 GB of RAM. For all versions, it requires 200 MB of free disk space.

The download file was a small 7.69MB with a quick 25 second download. The installation only took about three minutes, but then required a reboot. Though the virus definition update itself was small and quick, it took a few minutes for it to automatically update and activate the real-time protection.

I saw just three running processes for MSE:

Msseces.exe (Microsoft Security Client User Interface) 13,480K
NisSrv.exe (Microsoft Network Inspection System) 2,300K
MsMpEng.exe (Antimalware Service Executable) 60,564K and 65,000K during scanning
At idle, the three processes were using about 76,344K of memory. During the quick scan, it only increased to 80,780K and the CPU usage ranged 15 percent to 25 percent, which took about 10 minutes and scanned 7600 items.

In the settings you can set the max CPU usage during scans from 10 percent to 100 percent (50 percent is the default). You can also set it to only start a scheduled scan when the computer is not in use.

The Results

Out of the four programs I reviewed, avast! Free Antivirus 6 had the lowest resource consumption. COMODO Internet Security 5.5 was close in regards to the memory usage, but had the most sporadic and highest CPU usage. AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012 and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) are in a fairly close tie between the worst in consumption. AVG had a lower idle memory usage, but a higher scanning usage than MSE.

When choosing an antivirus program you’ll also want to take other things, like features, into consideration rather than just the resource consumption. COMODO and avast provide the most features, with COMODO offering slightly more due to the integrated firewall. AVG and MSE offer about the same amount of basic protection, but AVG gives you more customization options. Also keep in mind, if your computer is for business use you’re limited to using either Comodo Internet Security Microsoft Security Essentials.

Eric Geier is the founder of NoWiresSecurity, which helps businesses easily protect their Wi-Fi networks with the Enterprise mode of WPA/WPA2 security. He is also a freelance tech writer. Become a Twitter follower or use the RSS feed to keep up with his writings.

fig4.PNG

Is Your Free AV a System Hog? - eSecurity Planet

@sijuinini hiyo Microsoft Security Essential haina mpango wowote ile Feki anti-Virus.

Mwanzoni nilihangaika sana na AV za majina makubwa kama kaspersky,NOD,Avast nk...........mbwembwe nyingi alert za kipuuzi kila mara, PC kuwa slow nk

Mwishowe nikaja kupata mkombozi MS essential Securty, mwaka wa pili huu sasa sijapata tatizo lolote na ninafanya downloading za kufa mtu torrents,

Ipo light, user frendly, totaly free na ina provide real protection kwa PC yako

Maneno ya kusema MS essential Securty ni ya kibiashara zaidi kuiponda ili makampuni makubwa yauze AV zao

toka 2007 hadi Leo natumia Kaspersky ws kabila ya hapo nilkua natumia avast na avira.ila Kaspersky ni kiboko

I have free AVG. It is gerat for me. I would like to mention here a very important tool. (I am using it regularly myself) It is Malwarebytes anti-malware. It targets things like adsuply and other non-viruses that you get by mistake (clicking on something or forgetting to un-check boxes while installing other soft) Malwarebytes is free and is recommend by all top computer forums like bleepingcomputer forum.

mbamfree.png

Back
Top Bottom