Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe returns from Singapore... said I have died many times...

nngu007

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2010
mugabe.jpg

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe and the country's Vice President Joyce Mujuru eat cake as they attend a rally marking Mr Mugabe's 88th birthday in Mutare on February 25, 2012. The President returned from Singapore Thursday amid speculation over his health. PHOTO | FILE |

By KITSEPILE NYATHI in HararePosted Thursday, April 12 2012 at 09:26

Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe returned home from Singapore Thursday morning looking rather energetic in defiance of reports that he was very ill.

Announcing his return on Thursday morning, state radio said he had gone to the Asian country for the Easter holidays with his family.

The 88-year-old had been due to return Wednesday evening but failed to do so. Ministers waiting to receive him had to disperse further fuelling speculation about his health.

Mr Mugabe came down the steps of his white plane at 7 am accompanied by First Lady Grace and was immediately whisked away in a limousine without speaking to reporters.

Senior government and ruling party officials led by vice president Joyce Mujuru were at hand to receive him at Harare International
Airport

Chair Meeting

He is expected to chair a cabinet meeting later Thursday.

Mr Mugabe has been in power since 1980. He has had to swat away several claims of his death or ill health over the past few years and in interviews to mark his 88th birthday in February jokingly compared himself to Jesus Christ.

"I have died many times. I have actually beaten Jesus Christ because he only died once,” he said.

The way african states are being manipulated by the colonial masters, i agreed with brother Mugabe that he has died many times and arose from death. Bravo Comrade Mugabe the Symbol of a True African Leaders, ready to provide african solutions to african problems with an african made yardstick.

Comrade Mugabe ni simba...na Simba huwa anaogopwa na wanyama wengine...long live comrade Mugabe.... true son of the continent...

I do like this president who can say this "foreign individuals had arrived in the country with not so much of an investment than "hoes and shovels", which was the basis on which they were laying claim to the country's mineral wealth.

"That's what we are objecting to," Mugabe said. "Down with them! Let them take their hoes and shovels and leave. Do they think God was crazy to put these mineral resources in our hands?"

Back
Top Bottom