World premature day 2022: promote skin to skin

Gaganiga

Nov 13, 2022
Hi,Today 16 November is the premature date which established in 2017 in order to to give awareness about premature day in order to prevent stigma for those baby whose born with this this birth complication!

Todatmy I will give awareness about this baby whose need intensive care from mother, health care providers and general population I mean general society! OK let start about meaning of premature baby:

premature baby;is birth that take place more than three weeks before the baby estimated due date.in other meaning or world , a premature birth is the birth is the one that occur before the start at the 37 weeks of pregnancy.

Premature babies, especially those born very early after have complicated medical problems.

These are the type of premature baby according to mode of birth.

Late preterm, born between 34 and 36 completed weeks of pregnancy.

Moderate preterm,born between 32 and 34 weeks of pregnancy. Very preterm, born at less 32 weeks of pregnancy.

Extremely preterm, born at or before 20 weeks of pregnancy. Symptoms: 1.small size, with disproportionately large head.

2.fine hair( lanugo), covering much areas of the body.

3.low body temperature

4.respiratory distress.

5.lack of sucking and swallowing reflex.

Risk factors/ causes:
1.Have previous premature birth.

2.pregnancy with twins or multiple pregnancy. .

3.problems with uterus,cervix or placenta.

4.physical injuries or trauma.

5.chronic condition such as high blood pressure and diabetes.

6.smoking cigarette or illicit drugs

complication of premature baby:
1.cerebral palsy: problems with poor movement,posture na other due to damage of brain.

2.metabolism problems such as hypoglycemia

3.vision problems, likely to develop retinopathy

4.Blood problems,jaundice and anaemia

5.hearing ploblem

6.immune system problems

Chronic heart problems such au sids
Nawasilisha for any concern about this please contact me malcom gaganiga@gmail.com.

Prepared by:
Malcom sadikiel gaganiga MD, pedritician unicef Tanzania
Let promote skin to skin contact for our premature
Thanks;

Back
Top Bottom