Tanzania Population Growth and Economic Development

HansMaja

Nov 9, 2010
I havent heard politician discusing about our hiking population growth. Let us discuss about whether population growth is beneficial or detrimental to economic development to the Tanzania economy espically in the rural areas.​

I havent heard politician discusing about our hiking population growth. Let us discuss about whether population growth is beneficial or detrimental to economic development to the Tanzania economy espically in the rural areas.​

Mkuu, this is obvious thou I do not have data here to present, I will provide my view on the matter, when you have a rapid increase in population cause majority of people are lazy and waiting for the government to do something for them, which lead to lagging in economic growth with an increasing in inflation as a result of ufisadi expect worse in social and economic development of Tanzania.

We have been told that our economy is growing for the past ten years, but the livelihood of the people is worsen accordingly and in rural areas the situation is severely bad, now one can wonder why..how? well ...The economy is growing at national level-meaning the construction of roads, schools, hospital, dams etc. So you see that its an investment in social welfare which is good but its impact in is indirect eg. after constructing roads you will need businesspersons to use it for transporting goods and then contribute in economy if you have few businesspersons then the economy is likely to incur the opportunity cost of the roads. Rural communities need to wakeup and start make use of resources and infrastructure they have to generate and increase their incomes. The population growth will be beneficial to economic development of Tanzania if we will start to engage in production and processing of goods, a good example Tanzania's population is not even near 2% of world's population, but China has 19.3% of the world population which serve as a ready market for their manufactured goods, so a growing population can bring a rapid economic growth if systems are working properly.

Back
Top Bottom