State of the Union speech

Atleast leo hakuna mtu alie-shout ile "You Lie" thing.

Yegomasika,

kuna Supreme Court Judge mmoja alikua anatingisha kichwa wakati
Obama alipokua analaani the recent decison by the Supreme Court
to allow for campaign financing. Watu washaanza kuongea maana it
is rare that these folks even let their emotions get the best of them
during such times.

s-ALITO-STATE-OF-THE-UNION-large.jpg

With the Supreme Court Justices sitting right in front of him, President Barack Obama unloaded in his State of the Union address on this past week's ruling qualifying corporations as having the rights of citizens and opening the "floodgates" to their political donations.

"Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests - including foreign corporations - to spend without limit in our elections," Obama said. "Well I don't think American elections should be bankrolled by America's most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people, and that's why I'm urging Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to right this wrong."

There was some strong applause from members of Congress -- with both sides of the chamber rising to their feet with applause. The Justices -- all there except Scalia and Thomas -- sat in silence (as is their custom), but at the beginning of the exchange, Justice Alito can be seen shaking his head and mouthing words that seem to resemble "not true."

Yegomasika,

kuna Supreme Court Judge mmoja alikua anatingisha kichwa wakati
Obama alipokua analaani the recent decison by the Supreme Court
to allow for campaign financing. Watu washaanza kuongea maana it
is rare that these folks even let their emotions get the best of them
during such times.

s-ALITO-STATE-OF-THE-UNION-large.jpg

With the Supreme Court Justices sitting right in front of him, President Barack Obama unloaded in his State of the Union address on this past week's ruling qualifying corporations as having the rights of citizens and opening the "floodgates" to their political donations.

"Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests - including foreign corporations - to spend without limit in our elections," Obama said. "Well I don't think American elections should be bankrolled by America's most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people, and that's why I'm urging Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to right this wrong."

There was some strong applause from members of Congress -- with both sides of the chamber rising to their feet with applause. The Justices -- all there except Scalia and Thomas -- sat in silence (as is their custom), but at the beginning of the exchange, Justice Alito can be seen shaking his head and mouthing words that seem to resemble "not true."
Si umemuona hata yule Alex Castello (CNN political analyst) alivyoirukia, lakini James Carvel akalanae sahani moja.

Repubs are so stone faced, as If they don't know whether to applaud or not.

Rais Obama ahotubia Marekani

Katika hotuba yake ya kwanza kwa taifa katika bunge la Congress Rais wa Marekani Barack Obama amezungumzia matatizo ya kiuchumi yanayoikumba nchi hiyo.
Amekiri kuwa mpango wake wa kufufua uchumi wa Marekani haukuwapendeza baadhi ya wananchi lakini akasema hatua hiyo ilikuwa muhimu na kwamba kama haingechukuliwa ukosefu wa ajira ungeongezeka.
Amesema anaweka lengo mpya la kuimarisha soko la bidhaa za Marekani nje ya nchi.
Rais Obama pia amesisitiza nia yake ya kutekeleza mabadiliko katika sekta ya afya nchini humo.
Kuhusu sera ya kigeni,Rais Obama amezitaja silaha za nuclear kama tishio kubwa zaidi ambalo linaikabili Marekani.
Amesema kuwa juhudi za kidplomasia zinaendelea kukabiliana na tishio hilo na kuonya kuwa Iran itachukuliwa hatua iwapo itaendelea kupuuza swala la nuclear.

>They're tired of the partisanship and the shouting and the pettiness. They know we can't afford it, not now. (Tanzanians are also tired of partisanship – kila kitu cha CCM sawa tu hata kama ni kibaya!)

>But ….. I wouldn't just do what was popular, I would do what was necessary. (JK fanya hivyo hivyo, usifanye yale ya kukupatia umaarufu tu – fanya hata yale ya kukupotezea umaarufu kwa marafiki zako ali mradi ni muhimu kwa taifa. Kamata mafisadi!)

>Now, the true engine of job creation in this country will always be America's (Tanzania’s) businesses...
(APPLAUSE)
... but government can create the conditions necessary for businesses to expand and hire more workers.
We should start where most new jobs do, in small businesses, companies that begin when...
(APPLAUSE) (Serikali ta TZ iweke mazingira mazuri ya hizi biashara ndogondogo na za kati za watanzania – siyo mazingira mazuri kwa makumpuni makubwa ya nje tu)

>even though banks on Wall Street are lending again, they're mostly lending to bigger companies. Financing remains difficult for small-business owners across the country, even though they're making a profit. (Hap TZ ni hivyo hivyo- bank zinakopesha makampuni makubwa na biashara ndogo hazikopeshwi kwa kuwa dhamana ni ndogo)
So tonight, I'm proposing that we take $30 billion of the money Wall Street banks have repaid and use it to help community banks give small businesses the credit they need to stay afloat. (Tuchukue ile fedha iliyorudishwa na mafisadi wa EPA iingizwe kwenye saccos ili biashara ndogondogo za wazawa ziweze kukopa, badala ya kutudanganya kuwa zinaingizwa kwenye kilimo!)

>And to encourage these and other businesses to stay within our borders, it is time to finally slash the tax breaks for companies that ship our jobs overseas and give those tax breaks to companies that create jobs right here in the United States of America.(Tufute misamaha ya kodi kwa bidhaa zinazotoka nje na badala yake tuweke misamaha kwa wazalishaji wa humu humu nchini maana hawa ndio watawaajiri wananchi. Wale walionunua mashirika yetu ya umma na kung’oa mitambo na kuipeleka kwao – walazimishwe kuirudisha na kufanya uzalishaji hapa hapa)

>We can't afford another so-called economic "expansion" like the one from last decade, what some call the "lost decade," where jobs grew more slowly than during any prior expansion, where the income of the average American household declined while the cost of health care and tuition reached record highs, where prosperity was built on a housing bubble and financial speculation.
From the day I took office, I've been told that addressing our larger challenges is too ambitious, such effort would be too contentious. I've been told that our political system is too gridlocked and that we should just put things on hold for a while.
For those who make these claims, I have one simple question: How long should we wait? How long should America put its future on hold? You see...
(WaTZ tunadanganywa kila siku kuwa uchumi wetu unapanda, lakini tunaona umaskini unaongezeka – haupungui, bado tunakubali kuendela kusubiri; eti tuishi kwa matumaini – tuendelee kusubiri hadi lini? Tufanye maamuzi magumu -km kwaheri CCM)

>Meanwhile, China's not waiting to revamp its economy; Germany's not waiting; India's not waiting.
These nations, they're not standing still. These nations aren't playing for second place. They're putting more emphasis on math and science.

Instead of rewarding failure, we only reward success. Instead of funding the status quo, we only invest in reform, reform that raises student achievement, inspires students to excel in math and science, and turns around failing schools that steal the future of too many young Americans, from rural communities to the inner city.
In the 21st century, the best anti-poverty program around is a world-class education.
(Hapa TZ hesabu na sayansi ni masomo ambayo wanafunzi wanafeli kila siku – hakuna juhudi zinazofanywa na kama zipo ni kidogo sana. Sababu zimeelezwa katika thread ya waalimu wa Div IV….ambayo wengi wamechangia. Serikali chukua hatua maana tuzidi kuachwa nyuma)

>…..another 1 million students that, when they graduate, they will be required to pay only 10 percent of their income on student loans, and all of their debt will be forgiven after 20 years, and forgiven after 10 years if they choose a career in public service, because in the United States of America, no one should go broke because they chose to go to college. (TZ tuweke mkakati mzuri wa wahitimu waliokopa kulipa madeni yao kwa taratibu zinazokubalika, siyo kuwafilisi wazazi walioamua kuwapeleka watoto wao shule. Tusifike mahali ikawa kumsomesha mtoto chuo kikuu ni adhabu..)

….. it's time for colleges and universities to get serious about cutting their own costs, because they, too, have a responsibility to help solve this problem.
Now, the price of college tuition is just one of the burdens facing the middle class.
(Serikali iweke viwango vya karo kwa shule na vyuo binafsi – msiwaachie tu wao kujipangia)

>I didn't choose to tackle this issue to get some legislative victory under my belt.
(Wabunge na rais wasifanye mambo kwa kutafuta kushinda uchaguzi tu!,Wasiogope kufanya maamuzi mazito ambayo ni muhimu hata kama itasababisha kupoteza kura)

>I will not walk away from these Americans, and neither should the people in this chamber
(Wabunge wawe ni wenzetu siyo wanatukimbia na kuishi DSM. Wajue shida zetu na kutusaidia mkakati wa kuzitatua)

But if anyone from either party has a better approach ……….let me know.
Let me know. Let me know.
I'm eager to see it
Here's what I ask Congress, though: Don't walk away from reform, not now, not when we are so close. Let us find a way to come together and finish the job for the American people. Let's get it done
(Serikali iliyo madarakani ikubali kusikiliza upinzani kwani wanaweza kuwa nahoja nzuri za kimaendeleo – siyo kuponda kila kitu kinacholetwa na upinzani. Si mnaona hapa Obama anawakaribisha Republicans kama wa suluhisho zuri?)
but families across the country are tightening their belts and making tough decisions. The federal government should do the same.
(APPLAUSE)
So tonight, I'm proposing specific steps to pay for the $1 trillion that it took to rescue the economy last year.
Starting in 2011, we are prepared to freeze government spending for three years. Spending related to our national security, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security will not be affected, but all other discretionary government programs will.
Like any cash-strapped family, we will work within a budget to invest in what we need and sacrifice what we don't. And if I have to enforce this discipline by veto, I will.
We will continue to go through the budget line by line, page by page, to eliminate programs that we can't afford and don't work
That's why I've called for a bipartisan Fiscal Commission
(Huu ndio mkakati mzuri wa kubana matumizi ya serikali. Na sisi tuache matumizi yasiyo ya muhimu kama magari ya kifahari nk. Iundwe kamati kama hii, yaani ya vyama vyote ili kuona namna serikali inyoweza kupunguza matumizi)

. Let's meet our responsibility to the citizens who sent us here. Let's try common sense, a novel concept.
Now, to do that, we have to recognize that we face more than a deficit of dollars right now. We face a deficit of trust, deep and corrosive doubts about how Washington (Dodoma) works that have been growing for years. (Hata sisi, tumeanza kukata tamaa na bunge letu, tumeacha kuliamini, tumepoteza matumaini nalo – inabidi libadilike sana na haraka)
To close that credibility gap, we have to ……………. end the outsized influence of lobbyists, to do our work openly, to give our people the government they deserve.
. It's time to require lobbyists to disclose each contact they make on behalf of a client with my administration or with Congress. It's time to put strict limits on the contributions that lobbyists give to candidates for federal office.
I don't think American elections should be bankrolled by America's most powerful interests or, worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people.

And if the Republican leadership is going to insist that 60 votes in the Senate are required to do any business at all in this town, a supermajority, then the responsibility to govern is now yours, as well. Just saying no to everything may be good short-term politics, but it's not leadership. We were sent here to serve our citizens, not our ambitions.
(Wabunge tuliwatuma Dodoma kufanya matakwa yetu siyo kuweka maslahi yenu na vyama vyenu mbele)
.We can do what's necessary to keep our poll numbers high and get through the next election instead of doing what's best for the next generation.
But I also know this: If people had made that decision 50 years ago or 100 years ago or 200 years ago, we wouldn't be here tonight. The only reason we are here is because generations of Americans were unafraid to do what was hard, to do what was needed even when success was uncertain, to do what it took to keep the dream of this nation alive for their children and their grandchildren.

Repubs are so stone faced, as If they don't know whether to applaud or not.

Lol!...Repblican walikuwa na kijiba cha roho yaani hata kunyanyuka jamani eeh!...walikuwa so stiff...Me i think ingekuwa bora wangebakia tuu nyumbani waangalie thru luninga kama siye wengine it doesnt make sense really!.....No matter what he is the president!...

Jamaa kapata standing ovation kadhaa lakini naona Republicans
wameuchuna mpaka he had to call them on it...albeit like a joke.
Kasema.."I thought I'd get some applause on that one"..huku
akiashiria Republicans.

Kwa sasa he is on the economic plan and what it has done.

Mkuu, Repablican are lo...sers

Wishful and collective thinking.

Republican are still loosers, ad infinitum.

Looser is Obama and Martha Cock-ley

Mbona unapenda kutumia maneno makali?...Ukitumia maneno ya kawaida tuu watu watakuelewa than kuanza name-calling!,....that is so low OPP trust me.....kwa mtu msomi kama wewe hupendezi....i am very serious about this....

Calling Obama a looser ni kama kumtusi mungu wako....the guy has done nothing bad...than kutaka maendeleo kwa wewe,mimi ,yule na yule....

Back
Top Bottom