Report card on EA pupils out: Kenya leads Uganda and TZ

Hicho kiswahili kipi cha kusema nakwenda "Kwa nyumba" nimekuja kubomoa nyele badala ya kufumua, au kusuka nyele wanaita "Kushuka"

Hawajui kiswahili chochote hao wakenya eti mtu anaumwa wanasema amegonjeka, msiba ni matanga. Hakuna kitu hapo bana

FYI, Kiswahili that is taught in Kenya is the same as that taught in Tz (Zanzibar dialect).

The few who speak the way you are describing simply disregard the rules the language they were taught in school, but if they took a Swahili exam, they would surprise you.

Ni99a why should I thank Tanzania? me being arrogant is out of the question what really matters and ticks y'all fruits off is the fact that a class 2 Kenyan student can sit for a standard seven Tanzanian exam and beat your students with his eyes closed. i know you are just talking like you all went to Tanzanian schools but the truth of the matter is that education wise, Tanzania SUCKS balls, and most of you fruits studied either abroad in Kenya or UG.

just to clear the air, most of the Kenyan students in UG dint get the points to get into a Uni in Kenya so they had to get their A levels so that they can get addmition to a University either in Kenya or UG.

I am and will continue to call you guys arrogant fools. I had studied with some Kenyans abroad at a grammar school they flunked to go the university because they failed to reach the minimum entry qualification for the University. You are only good at pretending to be good. My younger nice also finished her A level recently she had Kenyan friends they also flunked to go the University in Europe. You guys are good in English since it is something you are being taught from intermediate level. Unfortunately, subjects like mathematics, science and business you are disgraceful (since I have some vivid examples).

What you are good at is copying other peoples work and making them of your own. We were given once an assignment by our headteacher during the time of grammar school for inter school competition. My kenyans colleagues went and copy a certain work done by someone in 70s and just change the name (this is plagiarism) . Unfortunately, the teacher did not notice it but I came to discover it when we were chatting after school that they had copied an old work somewhere. Moreover, recently I have been working with a kenyan colleague in an office. He always like to know what am I doing. In short, you are not as good as you like the society to see I know you guys very well.

Go back to plagiarised other peoples work.

Watanzania maneno meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeengi. Utafiti huu umejaa kila aina ya ukweli. Unataka ku-proof? soma threads za jamii forums, ambazo nyingi zinaandikwa na wasomi tena walioko chuo kikuu.

sijakuelewa point yako ni ipi hasa!??
Wewe ni Mtanzania?
Je -unbolded- ndio proof yenyewe unayotaka tuione?

FYI, Kiswahili that is taught in Kenya is the same as that taught in Tz (Zanzibar dialect).

The few who speak the way you are describing simply disregard the rules the language they were taught in school, but if they took a Swahili exam, they would surprise you.

Allow me to differ with you in this too..
Zanzibar hawafundishwi kuwa wingi wa ndizi==mandizi! (huo ni mfano mmoja)..I have my cousins waliosomea Kenya primary to high school, so, tusidanganyane.

In any way, why are we (TZ & KE) fighting over results that ashame both of us?
why dont we discuss ways we-as citicens-can improve the quality of our education?

I am and will continue to call you guys arrogant fools. I had studied with some Kenyans abroad at a grammar school they flunked to go the university because they failed to reach the minimum entry qualification for the University. You are only good at pretending to be good. My younger nice also finished her A level recently she had Kenyan friends they also flunked to go the University in Europe. You guys are good in English since it is something you are being taught from intermediate level. Unfortunately, subjects like mathematics, science and business you are disgraceful (since I have some vivid examples).

What you are good at is copying other peoples work and making them of your own. We were given once an assignment by our headteacher during the time of grammar school for inter school competition. My kenyans colleagues went and copy a certain work done by someone in 70s and just change the name (this is plagiarism) . Unfortunately, the teacher did not notice it but I came to discover it when we were chatting after school that they had copied an old work somewhere. Moreover, recently I have been working with a kenyan colleague in an office. He always like to know what am I doing. In short, you are not as good as you like the society want to see I know you guys very well.

Go back to plagiarised other peoples work.

Whoever doesn't do that!??
Au ni kwa sababu ni wakenya walioplagiarise?
keep fighting..
i love this discussion.

Oh, and by the way, while reading your comment, I couldn't help but pray that you weren't Tanzanian...too bad!
Your grammar sucks...unatoa kibanzi kwa jirani na kuna boriti jichoni mwako!

Whoever doesn't do that!??
Au ni kwa sababu ni wakenya walioplagiarise?
keep fighting..
i love this discussion.

Oh, and by the way, while reading your comment, I couldn't help but pray that you weren't Tanzanian...too bad!
Your grammar sucks...unatoa kibanzi kwa jirani na kuna boriti jichoni mwako!

I am sorry my english is very good and way better than some of you in here. I know these guys very well they plagiarised way too much to compare to, maybe Nigerians.

I am sorry my english is very good and way better than some of you in here. I know these guys very well they plagiarised way too much to compare to, maybe Nigerians.

Hehe..hujasoma 'Bongo' wewe!!!
Sisi ni hawavumi lakini...

**By the way wala sikatai kuwa kizungu chako ni better...ila naona kama unawatukana wengine! Ama tumuombe invisible atunge pepa la Kiingereza nini!??lol

Hehe..hujasoma 'Bongo' wewe!!!
Sisi ni hawavumi lakini...

**By the way wala sikatai kuwa kizungu chako ni better...ila naona kama unawatukana wengine! Ama tumuombe invisible atunge pepa la Kiingereza nini!??lol

Sisi tunavuma sikatai wala kubisha ila sie tunakubali tuna matatizo yetu ila nikuulize ushamsikia mkenya akakiri kuwa amekosea mahali? Hata siku moja labda sio mkenya halisi. Ndio maana nawaita arrogant fools kwasababu tabia yao arrogance irritates wenyewe wanadai eti wako aggressive but to be honest aggressiveness comes with brains up there sio unasema uko aggressive yet kichwani hamna kitu. They are only good at speaking english nothing else fanya nao kazi mkuu ndio utawajua vizuri.

By the way sijatukana mtu mkuu nawaeleza ukweli kwani ni tabia yao.

Sisi tunavuma sikatai ila tunakubali tuna matatizo yetu ila nikuulize ushamsikia mkenya akakiri kuwa amekosea mahali? Hata siku moja labda sio mkenya halisi. Ndio maana nawaita arrogant fools kwasababu tabia yao arrogance irritates wenyewe wanadai eti wako aggressive but to be honest aggressiveness comes with brains up there sio unasema uko aggressive yet kichwani hamna kitu. They are only good at speaking english nothing else fanya nao kazi mkuu ndio utawajua vizuri.

this name calling doesn't help the discourse at all cuz you call us Kenyans arrogant we call you Tanzanians slow and lazy. where does that get us?

Sisi tunavuma sikatai wala kubisha ila sie tunakubali tuna matatizo yetu ila nikuulize ushamsikia mkenya akakiri kuwa amekosea mahali? Hata siku moja labda sio mkenya halisi. Ndio maana nawaita arrogant fools kwasababu tabia yao arrogance irritates wenyewe wanadai eti wako aggressive but to be honest aggressiveness comes with brains up there sio unasema uko aggressive yet kichwani hamna kitu. They are only good at speaking english nothing else fanya nao kazi mkuu ndio utawajua vizuri.

1. Hivi kumbe kina Chenge et al ni Wakenya?

2. Vitu vingine ni perception, wewe usipojiona aggressive hauta move mbele..nandhani hapa sisi wabongo ndo tunakosea. You have to be aggressive mtu wangu kama unataka kutoka!

3. Nimefanya nao kazi miezi tisa pale Aga Khan Univeristy Hopsital-Nairobi...sijui unataka nikuelezeje?
Nimefanya nao kazi chuoni while studying.
Nimeenda kwenye expo. zao...they are doing wonders..
tujilaumu wenyewe tu, kutukanana hakutusaidii.

4. hapo kwenye kutukana ilikuwa utani...on a light touch, yenye ka ukweli fulani ivi..pamoja!

By the way..am still waiting for a sensible person wa kuchange course of this discussion...naona mimi sisikilizwi!

Was it a kenyan Swahili. Kugonjeka, kunywa mbia,? Watajifagilia kwa kila kitu, ku justify kuwa eventually wanastahili kutawala soko la kazi la EAC. Ukiwa unakabiliwa na njaa kila mwaka na isiyoisha, lazima uishi kwa mbinu kama hizo. Kuji market!!!!!!. Nyang'au will never cease to amaze me. Kila kukicha ni kituko! Bora Tanzania izuie mahindi yote, wote wafe kwa njaa hawa, hawana maana yoyote!
Hifo ndio akili yako iko ukikunywa serengeti eenh!.
Ngoja nimwelese waziri wetu anahusika na biashara asuie blue band yote naingia Tansania.Mukunywe uji pekee ile natokea kwa mahidi.

[h=1]Kenyan pupils ranked top in the region[/h]

Photo/FILE Pupils of St Elizabeth Academy in Karen, Nairobi on January 12, 2011. A new survey shows Kenyan pupils perform better than their counterparts in the region.
By BENJAMIN MUINDI bmuindi@ke.nationmedia.com

Posted Monday, July 4 2011 at 22:30

Pupils in Kenya perform better in Kiswahili than their Tanzanian counterparts.

In a survey released on Monday in Dar es Salaam, Kenya scooped the first 24 slots in a ranking of 135 selected districts across the East African Community.

Kiswahili is the medium of instruction in Tanzanian schools.

The Kenyan pupils came out on top in a standard test administered to gauge basic ability to read letters, words, a sentence and finally a paragraph in a text.

"Even on a test where children in Tanzania ought to have an advantage over those in Kenya, they performed worse," the survey findings say.

The tests, conducted by an educational think tank, Uwezo, also examined simple ability to compute numbers as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

A total of 68,945 children were interviewed from Kenya, 34,752 from Uganda and 42,033 from Tanzania, all aged between six and 16 years.

The tests used were of Standard Two level and were designed to be consistent with the requirements of each country's curriculum, the survey notes.

"Standard Two was selected as international standards note that after two years of schooling a pupil is expected to have basic competencies in words and numbers," the report says.

According to the findings, in all three countries, pupils performed poorly compared to the established curriculum levels.

For instance, two out of three children in Standard Three failed to pass the tests for English, Kiswahili and numeracy.

In the Kiswahili (for Kenya and Tanzania) reading sentences as "baba amejenga nyumba nzuri" or "nyumba yetu imezungukwa na miti" were tested.

In English (for Kenya and Uganda) sentences as "Juma is living in a small village. He gets a letter once in a month" were used to test the pupil's ability.

In Kenya, only 28 per cent of the children were able to read with ease followed by Uganda at eight per cent and Tanzania at four per cent.

"These results are a cause for concern, as the expectation is that all children in Standard Three should be able to satisfactorily complete a Standard Two test."

The findings show that only when pupils reached Standard Seven do they acquire Standard Two skills, "though in Tanzania half of Standard Seven were still unable."

"Children in Tanzania performed worse even in the Kiswahili test, a language which they are more exposed to than children in Kenya."

In Uganda and Kenya, English is presumably more widely spoken than in Tanzania. "There is a crisis of learning in the three countries," says the report.

In Tanzania, the report says that 23 per cent of the teachers are not in school on any given day, and when in school, they spend half their time outside the classroom.

Daily Nation:*- News*|Kenyan pupils ranked top in the region

Tunawashukuru sana kwa kutuonyesha matatizo tuliyonayo ila utafiti huu una some serious flaws:-
a. Survey imechukuliwa mwaka gani na Uwezo??
b. Are these students using a similar education curriculum?
c. Other factors like income level, external environment and family background zimekuwa taken into account.
d. Are these students receive a similar standard of education training to be examined in the survey.

These flaws ni muhimu kwakuwa huwezi kufanya a survey katika vitu havilingani kimazingira. Ukimchukua mtoto wa Tanzania na mtoto wa USA ukawauliza kuhusu ufahamu wao wa Internet obvious you are bound to find the results you were expecting kwamba mtoto wa USA wana mkwamko zaidi wa internet kuliko Tanzania. Tungependelea tupewe maelezo zaidi ya hiyo survey otherwise huu utafiti una walakini.

Tunawashukuru sana kwa kutuonyesha matatizo tuliyonayo ila utafiti huu una some serious flaws:-
a. Survey imechukuliwa mwaka gani na Uwezo??
b. Are these students using a similar education curriculum?
c. Other factors like income level, external environment and family background zimekuwa taken into account.
d. Are these students receive a similar standard of education training to be examined in the survey.

These flaws ni muhimu kwakuwa huwezi kufanya a survey katika vitu havilingani kimazingira. Ukimchukua mtoto wa Tanzania na mtoto wa USA ukawauliza kuhusu ufahamu wao wa Internet obvious you are bound to find the results you were expecting kwamba mtoto wa USA wana mkwamko zaidi wa internet kuliko Tanzania. Tungependelea tupewe maelezo zaidi ya hiyo survey otherwise huu utafiti una walakini.

Now, umeanza kuongea point.
I agree with you kwamba baadhi ya vipengele hatujaambiwa na nimejaribu kusoma hiyo habari yote na sijavipata.
However,
a. Naungana na wewe.
b. Naungana na wewe.
c. Hizo zimeongelewa, soma report vizuri.
d. zimeongelewa, na pia wamecomment kwamba zimechangia kuleta resluts walizozipata.

Ngoja nimwelese waziri wetu anahusika na biashara asuie blue band yote naingia Tansania.Mukunywe uji pekee ile natokea kwa mahidi.

Hahahah....hapo ni mwaga mboga niiokote nile,lol!

but wait,
hivi TanBond bado ipo..nisije nikatukana mamba na mto sijavuka!!!! teh teh teh..

this name calling doesn't help the discourse at all cuz you call us Kenyans arrogant we call you Tanzanians slow and lazy. where does that get us?
Thank you noma sana...
now let's get to serious business... see attached comment!

Hahahah....hapo ni mwaga mboga niiokote nile,lol!

but wait,
hivi TanBond bado ipo..nisije nikatukana mamba na mto sijavuka!!!! teh teh teh..
idiot blueband inatengenezwa na Unilevel Plc a Dutch company so is colgate by Palmolive Plc! therefore a global brand and not Kenyan (so are bata shoes by Canadian company)! Mtaendelea kujisifu na brands za wengine mpk kufa nyang'au nyie! even tusker beer is Diageo Plc owned! just recently Tanzania seazed a chance to have truely Tanzanian owned beer company by selling 51% of Serengeti Brew to Diageo Plc! But at least we managed to have a local beer company unlike Kenya!

Afterall hata Tanzania, blueband inatengenezwa na hata kama Kenya wakizuia then we will import it from Nigeria, Ghana or South Africa! BTW we have plenty of Tanbond in the market so is Whitedent and Ahh as substitutes of colgate! I am disgraced with a contributor called Mentor; to him he thinks like Kenyans, keep worshiping then but TZ depends nothing, i repeat depends nothing from Kenya! Bastards!

1. Hivi kumbe kina Chenge et al ni Wakenya?

2. Vitu vingine ni perception, wewe usipojiona aggressive hauta move mbele..nandhani hapa sisi wabongo ndo tunakosea. You have to be aggressive mtu wangu kama unataka kutoka!

3. Nimefanya nao kazi miezi tisa pale Aga Khan Univeristy Hopsital-Nairobi...sijui unataka nikuelezeje?
Nimefanya nao kazi chuoni while studying.
Nimeenda kwenye expo. zao...they are doing wonders..
tujilaumu wenyewe tu, kutukanana hakutusaidii.

4. hapo kwenye kutukana ilikuwa utani...on a light touch, yenye ka ukweli fulani ivi..pamoja!

By the way..am still waiting for a sensible person wa kuchange course of this discussion...naona mimi sisikilizwi!

Chenge na wenzie wameplagiarised wapi mkuu sijakuelewa? Pia sijakubishia tunalo hilo bundi nchi mwetu ila wakenya hawakubali they have a problem.

Mkuu nimesema nyuma kwamba aggressiveness comes with intelligence kama huna kitu kichwani inabadilika na kuwa arrogance. Niliwahi kukutana na jamaa mmoja wa anafanya kazi Daily nation alikuwa nafanya presentation. Unfortunately, nilijaribu kumpa some constructive criticism akaanza kunikatalia bahati mbaya chairman wa session akaomba more elaboration of what I was proposing (kitu sikuwa nakitaka kukifanya maana sio presentation yangu). Nilipofafanua ikaonekana yule bwana kuna some serious flaws kwenye kazi yake na nikaona ameanza kukasirika na hatukuzungumza mpaka tulipomaliza mkutano.

Hao ndio wakenya naokutana nao hawataki criticism, they think they know everything, they think they are more educated than the rest of east africans. This is not confidence mkuu bali arrogance period.

Now, umeanza kuongea point.
I agree with you kwamba baadhi ya vipengele hatujaambiwa na nimejaribu kusoma hiyo habari yote na sijavipata.
However,
a. Naungana na wewe.
b. Naungana na wewe.
c. Hizo zimeongelewa, soma report vizuri.
d. zimeongelewa, na pia wamecomment kwamba zimechangia kuleta resluts walizozipata.

Nimeisoma report mkuu wamezielezea kama sababu kwanini education ya kenya iko juu ya Tanzania na Uganda ila hawakuzungumzia kama walifikiria hizo factors zinaweza kusababisha matokeo yawe bias or not. In short methodology ya hii survey did not take into account these factors naomba niishie hapo mkuu.

You guys must be fags! How do you compare maize and blue band. I swear, i rarely use that sh.it blue band. With all the subsitutes available. Kwanza mini nakunywa mchemsho na ndizi asubuhi, unanimabia mambo ya blue band! Haya waache kuleta blue band na sisi tuwakatalie kununua mahindi Tanzania tuone nani ataumia. You can read Geza Ulole up there! Half wits!

Back
Top Bottom