Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Proceeds of Crime Act

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by mzale, Mar 12, 2006.

1. m

mzale New Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Ndugu,
    as the globe in general is taking measures towards combatting the effects of money laundering and financial crime due to its paramount effect on a nations economy, one cant help to wonder where do we stand a nation.
    The Bank of Tanzania has a useful outline of legislation and circulars in place however I couldn't find the actual circulars,
    However i came across Circular No 8 relates to suspicious activity and money laundering specifically. However one source states:
    I also understand that they may be reviewing their Proceeds of Crime Act 1991 although I can't find any Bills on this at the present time.to my understanding it was brought to parliament sometime back in 2003 but it was pushed aside and schuduled to apear again before parliament this year
    Tanzania does not have a body to supervise financial institutions, nor is it a member of the Egmont Group however it is a part of the Eastern and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group although they haven't yet published their evaluation for this country yet. Transparency International have placed it at 90 out of 146 for corruption (ie quite high as 146 is the most corrupt).

2. Augustine Moshi

Augustine Moshi JF-Expert Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Is the Bank of Tanzania not a body that supervises financial institutions?
    Please explain.

Augustine Moshi

3. G

Game Theory JF-Expert Member

Oct 20, 2006

To my understanding is he ment something like Financial Services Authority in the UK which works independently from the Central Bank

how about that?

4. Steve Dii

Steve Dii JF-Expert Member

Jul 11, 2009
    ... btw, how independent is TCRA??
    ... tukiwa na "FSA" yetu ya hapa Bongo nani atakaye iwajibisha, Bunge?!

5. Steve Dii

Steve Dii JF-Expert Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Vyombo vya kusimamia taasisi kama hiki anachokielezea Alwatan kuhusiana na NSSF kitafaa sana kikiwepo kingine kwa ajili ya kusimamia financial sector.

6. stata mzuka

stata mzuka JF-Expert Member

Jul 29, 2013

Mkuu hii link yako itume vizuri au ukishindwa iandike tu tujaribu kuingia, maana hapa imekataa.