President John P. Magufuli's next 1,600days: From Bulldozer to Mastercraftsman?

Good Analysis.
In my simplest word to JPM is that.. We, many Tanzanians are confotable with his spoken intention. We are very eager to be middle income country with good industrial base.

The only thing that drive us to think in different way against him is 'his entire intention' which is externalized by various measures that are contrary to principles of democracy and good governance. One should ask, Shall 'promised development' be obtained at the expense of live bunge denial, media control and the like?

Indeed JPM's entire plans are neither too rational nor too chaotic. We are informed about where we go but we are unaware with driver's entire plans.
I am strange to this country of JPM!

Wala hujakosea Mkuu kuifananisha Serikali hii na iliyokuwa Serikali dhalimu ya Afrika Kusini. Sasa wanataka kumkamata Seif Shariff Hamad eti kwa uhaini!

Ninachohisi, chini ya uongozo wa mheshimiwa Mgufuli ambaye kwa mamlaka yake ameamua kutufumba midomo kwa kisingizio cha kila anaekosoa uovu na uonevu ni "UCHOCHEZI".Tanzania imetumbukizwa kwenye ukandamizaji kuliko wa Makaburu wa Afrika Kusini ya zamamni.

The author, Aidan Eyakuze, may have done a good piece in its own right. Nevertheless, the analysis is superficial, populist in itself, and well informed by the buzz complaining media, sympathetic to the inept linear and static opposition.

One would expect Aidan to have gone down deep to analyse the designs, architecture and outcomes of the 20 years plus largely donor bankrolled governance software and hardware that failed elsewhere, Tanzania inclusive. We expected that candid analysis of Tanzania political anthropology to justify or defy the course JPM has so far taken to get the government structures, policy, institutions and systems rightly corrected. The comprehensive governance analysis should have compared the power analysis amongst actors and drivers in the country and, for example, how the less than 5% middle class population can be taken for granted as representative of 95% downtrodden population as far as media content that matters is concerned. Most Tanzanians do not depend on knowledge and information but land to make living.

Actually, JPM is assuming powers of the eked poor, wrecked of the earth Tanzanians to elevate the voices of the 95% population. For over 20 years ago, the donors christened development partners, have been at the top of actors influencing as well as driving governance policy of our lovely nation. Aidan knows this well because he has and still works for donors to make living. Our natural resources (mining, natural gas, fisheries, forestry, and wildlife) policy were largely advised and enforced by World Bank, International Monetary Fund, European Union, World Trade Organisation, Paris Club, G7, the United States of America, to mention only a few global economic machination conspiracies, together with affiliate countries in the North. The country was forced to implement such foreign ploys Policies as Structural Adjustment Programmes, Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility, Highly Indebted Poor Countries' Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper, World Bank Strategy for African Mining (1992) and the like. The donors trapped Tanzania in the centre of global economic jargons cobweb, brainwashed the nation's human capital (think tank) as they seized the opportunity of the largely ignorant Tanzanian population to hatch conspiracy that would easing donors soaking their long barbed hands into our country's pocket.

This has been the status quo since Mwinyi II, Mkapa I & II and Kikwete I & II era during which Tanzania lost to the Northern vultures.

No wonder, for example, unlike Canada, whose gold stock supplies have significant dependence ratio on Tanzania, the latter is categorised as mere 'source' of minerals, while the former is conventionally categorised as 'gold mining' country. The implication is Tanzania cannot directly negotiate gold price or trade the base metal except when it is done through the mining companies incorporate or listed in Canada, Australia, UK, US or elsewhere in the North.

These are the skewed governance policy issues Aidan should have analysed to show the extent to which JPM's policy options run the risk of failing to correct. I don't see how the president may correct these erstwhile intricacies without popular support of the masses. If JPM succeeds, and it so happens, definitely the architects of global economic machination conspiracy, together with their accomplices, will not be happy. Aidan Eyakuze may have done a good piece in its own right.

You are a really sophist! I have been much more impressed by your linguistic skills and flow Mkuu. Big up! We need those presenting their ideas in English here to adhere to the rules of grammar. It makes English more attractive.

You are a really sophist! I have been much more impressed by your linguistic skills and flow Mkuu. Big up! We need those presenting their ideas in English here to adhere to the rules of grammar. It makes English more attractive.

Focus more on Content; is of more primary importance, language is secondary.

Focus more on Content; is of more primary importance, language is secondary.

I did not want to focus on the content. I somehow agree with Eyakuze but in this country the trend now a days is to praise the actions of those in power. If you try to criticise them, even if for national interests, no one will understand you. So, to be on the safe side, I concentrated myself in language analysis only. At least that was my pleasure when reading this thread.

• Thanks
Reactions: MTK
Huyu jamaa kaandika jambo la muhimu sana ila as usual this government won't listen, the reason "Father knows best" and "It's us against them". I really wish the situation was different, once things start going South I have no idea what excuse they'll come up with?

We should always try to be objective especially when it comes to issues of national importance. There those who believe that the current government is always right simply because the man at the helm has good intention of transforming this country and helping the poor.

Interesting...
Who are these poor people in Tanzania? I thought Tanzania is poor!

I did not want to focus on the content. I somehow agree with Eyakuze but in this country the trend now a days is to praise the actions of those in power. If you try to criticise them, even if for national interests, no one will understand you. So, to be on the safe side, I concentrated myself in language analysis only. At least that was my pleasure when reading this thread.

I understand but that's a huge disservice to our country! A honest Intellectual discourse is healthy for the wellbeing of our motherland! Let truth be told and allowed to prevail.

I understand but that's a huge disservice to our country! A honest Intellectual discourse is healthy for the wellbeing of our motherland! Let truth be told and allowed to prevail.

Understood Mkuu. I will pay special attention to your advice. Thanks a lot.

• Thanks
Reactions: MTK
Daa shida hapa!, coz d school we read hasn't emphasize knowing the colonizer languages!.

Lumumba fellowship you will never see them contribute anything in this kind of thread. Shame to Lizabon and co, types.

Good piece Aidan, as an activist this is what we expect from you challenging the status quo when misstep on good governance.

Institutionalisation is very key in sustainable development, many seems to take this lightly but its lacking effects would be far reaching when the current drivers 'persona' leave office. We will have to go back to the drawing board yet again, therefore whilst top-down approach is key, it should be supported by deep rooted institution which can simply sustain in the years to come.

Notwithstanding the above, it is still too early to judge the approach taken granted that the cleansing of the prior sytstem and construction of the new is still ongoing.

Back
Top Bottom