Obama visits Mosque in Turkey

Zak Malang

JF-Expert Member
Dec 30, 2008

Istanbul, Turkey,
Tuesday, AP

Obama's final day in Turkey featured a meeting with religious leaders and stops at top tourist sites in this city on the Bosporus that spans Europe and Asia. Accompanied by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, he toured the Hagia Sophia museum and the Blue Mosque.

At the Blue Mosque, just across a square and manicured gardens from Hagia Sophia, the president padded, shoeless like his entire entourage in accordance with religious custom, across the carpeted mosque interior.

All around were intricate stained-glass windows and a series of domes, thick columns and walls entirely covered in blue, red and white tile mosaic. Again, he appeared to speak little, as he was schooled in what he was seeing by a guide. He spent about 40 minutes at both places.

At his Istanbul hotel, Obama met with Istanbul's grand mufti and its chief rabbi, as well as Turkey's Armenian patriarch and Syrian Orthodox archbishop.

Istanbul, Turkey,
Tuesday, AP

Obama's final day in Turkey featured a meeting with religious leaders and stops at top tourist sites in this city on the Bosporus that spans Europe and Asia. Accompanied by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, he toured the Hagia Sophia museum and the Blue Mosque.

At the Blue Mosque, just across a square and manicured gardens from Hagia Sophia, the president padded, shoeless like his entire entourage in accordance with religious custom, across the carpeted mosque interior.

All around were intricate stained-glass windows and a series of domes, thick columns and walls entirely covered in blue, red and white tile mosaic. Again, he appeared to speak little, as he was schooled in what he was seeing by a guide. He spent about 40 minutes at both places.

At his Istanbul hotel, Obama met with Istanbul's grand mufti and its chief rabbi, as well as Turkey's Armenian patriarch and Syrian Orthodox archbishop.

I bet the red texts are the key information you wanted share with the world. Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa

"I bet the red texts are the key information you wanted share with the world. Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa"

Bm21: What do you mean. You dont seem to un derstand. I believe the thread was only meant to show how the Obama wants to change US policy in the Mideast after years of GWB's murderous policies that in fact ought to have earned him an International Criminal Court's indictment, along side Al-Bashir.

In 6 years the Texan ranger caused the death of over a million innocent Iraqis and about three more millions refugees inside and outside their country. The west's press are always avoiding to mention these figures, but are quick to mention those of Sudan (Darfur). Obama wants to change all that and I am sure he means it.

59598.jpg

obama-sultanahmet-2.jpg

obama-ayasofya.jpg

obama-sultanahmet-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom