Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Obama visits Mosque in Turkey

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Zak Malang, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Zak Malang

Zak Malang JF-Expert Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Obama visits Mosque in Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey,
    Tuesday, AP

Obama's final day in Turkey featured a meeting with religious leaders and stops at top tourist sites in this city on the Bosporus that spans Europe and Asia. Accompanied by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, he toured the Hagia Sophia museum and the Blue Mosque.

At the Blue Mosque, just across a square and manicured gardens from Hagia Sophia, the president padded, shoeless like his entire entourage in accordance with religious custom, across the carpeted mosque interior.

All around were intricate stained-glass windows and a series of domes, thick columns and walls entirely covered in blue, red and white tile mosaic. Again, he appeared to speak little, as he was schooled in what he was seeing by a guide. He spent about 40 minutes at both places.

At his Istanbul hotel, Obama met with Istanbul's grand mufti and its chief rabbi, as well as Turkey's Armenian patriarch and Syrian Orthodox archbishop.

2. bm21

bm21 JF-Expert Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I bet the red texts are the key information you wanted share with the world. Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa

3. Zak Malang

Zak Malang JF-Expert Member

Apr 7, 2009
    "I bet the red texts are the key information you wanted share with the world. Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa"

Bm21: What do you mean. You dont seem to un derstand. I believe the thread was only meant to show how the Obama wants to change US policy in the Mideast after years of GWB's murderous policies that in fact ought to have earned him an International Criminal Court's indictment, along side Al-Bashir.

In 6 years the Texan ranger caused the death of over a million innocent Iraqis and about three more millions refugees inside and outside their country. The west's press are always avoiding to mention these figures, but are quick to mention those of Sudan (Darfur). Obama wants to change all that and I am sure he means it.

4. H

Hauxtable JF-Expert Member

Apr 8, 2009
    He made a suprise visit to Iraq too....just 2hrs flight by the 474 from Turkey.

5. n00b

n00b JF-Expert Member

Apr 21, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]