Obama grandmother has died of cancer!!

Pdidy

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
Poleni wafiwa wote huko marekani na kenya
mungu awatie nguvu kwa wakati huu tukimchagua kijana wetu kwenda ikulu tuonyeshe moyo wa pamoja na kijana wetu wakati huu mgumu wa huzuni mungu amlaze mahali pema[peponi bibi yetu
amin

Obama's grandmother dies after battle with cancer

CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has died following a bout with cancer, Obama and his sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, said Monday.

art.grandmother.ap.jpg

This photo provided by the Obama campaign shows Obama in 1979 with his grandmother Madelyn Lee Payne Dunham​

"She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility," their statement said.

"She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances. She was proud of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and left this world with the knowledge that her impact on all of us was meaningful and enduring. Our debt to her is beyond measure."

Obama and Soetoro-Ng asked that donations be made for the search for a cure for cancer in lieu of flowers. A small private ceremony will be held "at a later date."

Obama left the campaign trail for two days in late October to visit Dunham in Hawaii.

Obama spoke about his grandmother often on the stump, describing her as an integral figure in his youth who struggled against the glass ceiling in to make a better life for him.

"She's the one who put off buying a new car or a new dress for herself so that I could have a better life," he said in his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in August.

"She poured everything she had into me. And although she can no longer travel, I know that she's watching tonight, and that tonight is her night as well."

He and his family also traveled to Hawaii in August to visit her.

Obama's grandmother dies after battle with cancer - CNN.com

Poleni wafiwa wote huko marekani na kenya
mungu awatie nguvu kwa wakati huu tukimchagua kijana wetu kwenda ikulu tuonyeshe moyo wa pamoja na kijana wetu wakati huu mgumu wa huzuni mungu amlaze mahali pema[peponi bibi yetu
amin

Mama Mia eeh

Jamani RIP bibi yake Obama, it would have been after tommorrow, 'kazi ya Mungu haina makosa....everything happens for a reason'

2008-11-04-capt.c4d8b33889a049d0a8eeb214f18deb0e.obama_2008_ncjh105.jpg

In what was clearly a very difficult portion of his address Monday night in North Carolina, Barack Obama spoke for several minutes on this grandmother's death from cancer Sunday night. At one point, it seemed, he was moved to tears.

Calling it a "bittersweet time" in his life, there were moments when one could detect the sadness in his voice and face. The crowd in Charlotte did its best to pull him along, screaming out words of support as he detailed Madelyn Dunham's life and drew from it threads that weaved into his candidacy and message. It was a poignant moment: the woman who helped raise him passing away just hours before the election.

No matter what happens tomorrow, I'm going to feel good about how it has turned out because all of you have created this remarkable campaign. She is gone home. And she died peacefully in her sleep, with my sister at her side. And so, there is great joy as well as tears. I'm not going to talk about it too long because it is hard, a little, to talk about.

I want everybody to know though a little bit about her. Her name was Madelyn Dunham. And she was born in Kansas in a small town in 1922. Which means she lived through the Great Depression, she lived through two world wars, she watched her husband go off to war, while she looked after her baby and worked on a bomber assembly line. When her husband came back they benefited from the GI bill, they moved west and eventually ended up in Hawaii.

She was somebody who was a very humble person, a very plainspoken person. She is one of those quiet heroes we have all across America, who are not famous, their names are not in the newspapers, but each and every day they work hard. They look after their families. They sacrifice for their children, and their grandchildren. They aren't seeking the limelight. All they try to do is do the right thing. And in this crowd, there are a lot of quiet heroes like that, people like that, mothers and fathers and grandparents who have worked hard and sacrificed all their lives and the satisfaction that they get is in seeing their children or maybe their grandchildren or their great-grandchildren live a better life than they did. That is what America is about. That is what we are fighting for.

Hallelluya, Mungu aliyemuumba Bibi Madelyn Dunham, hatimaye amemrudisha kwake.
Bwana alitoa na Bwana ametwaa Jina la Bwana katika Jina la Yesu libarikiwe. Amen.

Pole sana ndugu yangu Obama pamoja na dadao.
Mungu awape nguvu na kukuwezesha Ndugu Baraka kupata ushindi wa kishindo katika uchaguzi unaokukabili leo.

"Yeye hutandaza kaskazi juu ya nafasi isiyo na kitu, Na kuutundika ulimwengu pasipo kitu" (Ayubu 26:7).

Back
Top Bottom