Nyerere Vs Kikwete US Working tours

Ground Zero

JF-Expert Member
Jan 13, 2011
JKN Reception Remarks
Mr. President, on behalf of myself and the Minister for external Affairs, and other colleagues of mine, I want to thank you very much and your government and the people of the United states, for the great welcome that you have given us today.

As you have rightly said, Mr. President, this is not my first visit to the United States. I have been coming to the United States now I don't remember how many times. I always associate United States with freedom. During those days when we were struggling for our freedom and having chosen the method of peace to achieve our freedom, I used to come almost annually to the United Nations Organization to plead because of the freedom of my country. And every time I think of the United States, I think also of the freedom of my people.

As you said Mr. President, one part of our struggle is over, and that is struggle to win independence from colonial rule, but that is merely a beginning. Our community like your community consists of large number of people, some natives others immigrants. And it is part of our struggle ahead to see that all our people, whether they be natives or they be immigrants, that are equal citizens of our society.

Its also part of our struggle, to see that the amenities of life in the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] century reach our people. You know Mr. President that we are very far from achieving the goal of raising those standards of living without which the struggle for independence is not enough. But we are determined to carry on the struggle and am sure with friends in the world, we are certain to win that struggle too.

I want to say once again Mr. President that I, and my Colleagues are most grateful for and we are looking forward very much to a few days in the United States. Thank you very much.

Source: Nyerere's Official Visit to US 1963 - YouTube

JKM Reception remarks
Madam Secretary I thank you for the opportunity to meet. I thank President Obama for the Invitation, well! Am here to reaffirm our commitment for continued cooperation and friendship. We have excellent relationship, political and bi lateral, ………(hapo sikusikia alichokisema), am here to make that assurance of continued cooperation.

My Concern
  1. JKN was received by the US President John Kennedy himself, why JKM with Secretary?
  2. How necessary is it for a president to travel thousands of miles just to make an assurance for continued cooperation that he already himself said is excellent? (At least he did not say he wanted to be the first African President to meet Obama)
Source http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPE6B2pBBAk

Jamani kumfananisha Kikwete na Nyerere ni kumwonea bure. Hivyo ni vichwa viwili tofauti sana. Kama Mzee Mwinyi alisema kumfananisha yeye na Nyerere ni sawa na kufananisha Mlima Kilimanjaro na kichuguu cha mchwa iweje kwa Kikwete ambaye mpaka sasa hajaonyesha hata chembe ya uwezo wa kuongoza nchi!!!!!

Nina uhakika hata huo upupu wa JMK aliandikiwa na kilaza mwenzake asiyejua hata kuandika press release, Salva Rweyemamu

Kikwete na Nyerere are 2 worlds apart. The former being truely nationalist and phillosopher whom the entire world respect while the later an opportunist, thief who is the world laughing stock

Back
Top Bottom