Mugabe anaogopa kunyongwa: Wikileaks

Askari Kanzu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ufunulizi wa Wikileaks huko Zimbabwe unaonekana utaleta kasheshe nzito baada ya mazungumzo ya "faragha" kati ya politburo member Jonathan Moyo na Balozi Christopher Dell kuanikwa hadharani.

I fear hanging, guarantee my safety after i step down: Mugabe

HARARE — President HARARE – President Robert Mugabe, whom African leaders and members of his inner Zanu PF circle want out, is afraid people might want to hang him if he leaves office, leaked United States diplomatic cables have sensationally revealed.

According to documents released by WikiLeaks last week, politburo member and serial political flip-flopper Jonathan Moyo told the then US ambassador Christopher Dell on March 30, 2007 that Zimbabwe had human rights conscious people who would like to “see Mugabe pay for his excesses.”

In addition, Moyo quoted in a 2005 cable as saying Mugabe was now “destructive” to the nation and should resign.

According to the 2007 cable, Moyo said Mugabe had confessed his deepest fear to his close ally, Defense minister Emmerson Mnangagwa. The cable does not make it clear if Moyo received this information from Mnangagwa.

Moyo, described in the cables as a useful messenger but with flip-flopping tendencies, also quoted in the cables as saying Mugabe was afraid of receiving the same treatment like Liberia’s Charles Taylor who was taken to The Hague.

In the meeting with Dell, Moyo said the ailing 87-year-old leader was aware of his diminishing support but that Zanu PF lacked the capacity to effectively deal with the issue of succession.

“Moyo noted that Mugabe genuinely ‘fears hanging’ if he leaves office and suggested international guarantees for his safety could help persuade Mugabe to go,” says Dell in the cables.

Zimbabwemetro.com

Tokana na most systems of Governance katika nchi zetu hasa hizi za Kiafrica mambo ambayo Viongozi wanafanya inchi husika.... kwa wananchi na rasilimali za wananchi... hua mara nyingi ni very questionable.. Iwe imeshinikizwa na tamaa.... System hii ya Ukoloni mambo leo.. ama kutokua makini katika kazi (hasa mambo yanayo husiana na mikataba ya major country resources i.e minerals na hadi eti wanyama wetu - Sad)...

One of the assumptions i always carry kuhusu Muagabe hasa baada ya kuruhusu the type of Governence system iliyopo inchini kwake sasa - That is when i knew kua huyu mzee kama siio woga wa nini ata kua accounted for... Possibility ya yeye kuachia ngazi ingekuwepo; ni dhahiri the Man wants death to find him in that sear - saizi afya yake mgogoro but still kangamala.... Depressing is suspect... Na hio kitu siio Mugabe tu! Hata Viongozi wengine kibao... Na wale ambao wana Chama kimoja kimeng'ang'ania madaraka as time goes on (e.g CCM) - Wanasali chama kingine kisichukue madaraka... for they know if that happens... they are in deep shit!!

Back
Top Bottom