Mo Ibrahim has always been a man of vision

Brooklyn

JF-Expert Member
Mar 17, 2009
Mo Ibrahim has always been a man of vision. His doctoral thesis dealt with mobile communications-in 1974. When he started a mobile-phone company, Celtel, in 1998 to work exclusively in Africa, there were just 2 million cell phones on the continent. When he sold it seven years later, there were more than 100 million.

A British national with roots in Sudan, Ibrahim never lost faith in his native Africa. He understood the enormous potential that could be unleashed by technology. Until then, unreliable and inadequate telephone landlines had frustrated Africans' entrepreneurial abilities. While doing business in Africa, he recognized two other essential but unmet needs: good governance and accountable institutions.

To pursue his vision of a better Africa, Ibrahim, 63, set up a foundation in his name to rate countries on their quality of governance. This annual country index shames governments into bettering their ratings and provides a nuanced picture of the continent's institutions to non-Africans, who tend to see Africa's problems as insurmountable.

For this I think Mo deserves to be in the list of 100 top influential people in Africa.

Vision ya kuihujumu TTCL?

nakubaliana na wewe, kwani CELTEL (ZEIN) ilianzishwa ndani ya TTCL na ni hawa hawa walikuwa wanaihujumu TTCL walipokuwa wanataka kuanzisha huduma ya simu za mkononi, Hawa watu wanachokisema na kilicho moyoni ni tofauti kabisa

nakubaliana na wewe, kwani CELTEL (ZEIN) ilianzishwa ndani ya TTCL na ni hawa hawa walikuwa wanaihujumu TTCL walipokuwa wanataka kuanzisha huduma ya simu za mkononi, Hawa watu wanachokisema na kilicho moyoni ni tofauti kabisa

The Mo Ibrahim Prize: Robbing Peter to pay Paul
Issa G Shivji

2007-11-01, Issue 326

http://pambazuka.org/en/category/features/44153

There are 8 comments on this article.
Issa_Shivji.jpg

“Mo Ibrahim’s prize for a retired African president which was awarded to Joachim Chissano of Mozambique was in my view an insult to the African people.” Issa Shivji raises a number of questions around the award such as how and what is “good governance” and why is it only applied to Africa? And most importantly “for which and whose democracy they are getting a prize”.

Punishment is to deter; often to take revenge. Reward is to encourage. Rewards can also be a recognition for outstanding, usually, individual achievements. Which acts are liable to punishment and which are rewarded depends on the dominant values of society. These can differ from society to society and from time to time within same society. Issues of democracy and dictatorship, of war and peace, of governance and state administration, do not fall within the realm of a system of punishment and rewards.

Of course, victorious powers recognise their war heroes and vanquished bury their martyrs with honour. But then heroes of the victor are mercenaries for the vanquished and the martyrs of the vanquished may be terrorists for the victor. In other words, the issues of war and peace are contentious issues and can only be understood in their historical and social context. And so are the issues of democracy and dictatorship. Therefore, it is naïve, if not mischievous, to award a person – moreover with a cash prize – for bringing peace or democracy to his country.

It is even worse to cite “good governance” as an achievement for awarding an individual president of a country. What is “good governance”? Who determines what is good and bad governance? What yardsticks are applied? And why are these yardsticks applied only to Africa? Why doesn’t any one award a Norwegian prime minister for good governance or include “good governance” conditionality to lend Mr. Bush assistance or fund Martin Athissari to advise Bush on good governance? (Remember Martin Athissari, funded by the World Bank, came to Tanzania to advise President Mkapa on good governance.)

The point about these rhetorical questions should be obvious. Mo Ibrahim’s prize for a retired African president which was awarded to Joachim Chissano of Mozambique was in my view an insult to the African people. First, it is belittling African people. Dictators and undemocratic rulers exist all over the world, including the West which has arrogated to itself the right to judge others as “good man” or punish them for being dictators (Saddam Hussein).

Despots and dictators are not a monopoly of Africa. African people, like other people elsewhere, have always struggled against them. If they have attained some success in these struggles, it is their collective achievement. Their success is not due to particular qualities of any single leader. Good leaders are as much a product of our societies as are the bad ones. It is for the people to decide who is a good or a bad leader and how to award a good one and punish a bad one. I certainly cannot imagine Mozambicans (or any African people for that matter) awarding a 5-million dollar prize to Mr. Chissano. First because Chissano’s goodness itself is, I am sure, a contentious issue in Mozambique. Secondly, Mozambican people, if at all, would have awarded their leader by including him in a list of honour or putting his picture on a postal stamp. And if they had 5 million dollars to spare, they would have probably built secondary schools to produce future good leaders rather than give it away to Chissano to “live a better life” and invest in business (which is what Chissano said in a BBC interview he would use the money for.)

The worst disappointment in the prize saga has been its uncritical and unqualified celebration by scribes and even academics and intellectuals. Since this prize to a retired president was for stepping down from power or “good governance’ or bringing democracy and peace to his country, it was expected that analysts would go beyond the superficial and the obvious to a deeper understanding and explanation of issues of war and peace and democracy and dictatorships in Africa. Before we celebrate, we must understand what it is that we are celebrating. Before we applaud this prize to Chissano we must understand the history, politics and forces which underpinned war and peace in Mozambique.

The people of Africa have been involved in a long struggle against war and for peace and democracy and the struggle continues. In this struggle, they are pitted against not only their own immediate rulers but also against the erstwhile colonial and imperialist powers supporting them. Our dictators were not simply made in Kinshasa (Mobutu) or Central African Republic (Bokassa) or Entebbe (Idi Amin) but also in Washington or Paris or London and Tel Aviv. The vicious war in Mozambique was not simply waged by RENAMO but fully supported and instigated by apartheid South Africa backed by the US and western powers. Apartheid South Africa also claimed the life of the liberation leader Samora Machel and his leading comrades.

Chissano took over from Samora and under the tutelage of Washington steered the neo-liberal course. It is under this new direction that the former freedom fighters like Chissano’s family and Gebuza and others (with some honourable exceptions) began accumulating wealth and became businessmen. Chissano’s son Nyimpine, a businessman, was implicated in the murder of a journalist Carlos Cardoso who was investigating the fraudulent disappearance of 14 million dollars from the Commercial Bank of Mozambique in 1996. The story of wealth accumulation by political leaders in Mozambique is not that different from what we have been witnessing and debating in Tanzania. It is even on a larger scale. In Tanzania Mwalimu’s ghost has had greater restraining power on vultures of wealth than Samora’s in Mozambique.

As with economics, so with politics. The opening up of space after one-party authoritarianism did not just come about on a silver platter. People in Tanzania, Mozambique and the rest of Africa struggled for it. But as usual the rulers and their imperialist backers pre-empted the struggle for real democracy by imposing their own truncated version of neo-liberal democracy

So, when our leaders receive prizes for their democratic achievements we should ask ourselves for which and whose democracy they are getting a prize. Are they getting the prize for a neo-liberal democracy under which the World Bank and “development partners” (read: developed predators!) impose privatization of national assets and resources; under which their diplomats pressurize our ministers and governments to sign utterly one-sided contracts with the likes of golden sharks; under which the parliament is literally ordered to pass laws which have been drafted by their consultants like the Mining Act, under which our political leaders in a free-for-all pandemonium overnight become “wajasiria mali” and bankers and big miners? Is this the democracy for which the peasants, workers, youth, and wamachinga fought? In short, before celebrating let us ask ourselves what are we celebrating and whose music we are dancing to.

Without such critical understanding, I am afraid, we can end up celebrating and legitimizing the shaming and ridiculing of the democratic struggles and achievements of our people.

Mr. Mo Ibrahim: you have made millions of dollars from the sweat and blood of the African people. If you want to return a few million to the people, build schools, dispensaries, and water wells in the south of your own country rather than giving them to Chisasanos of this world. Do not add insult to injury by robbing (poor) Peter to pay (rich) Paul.

© Issa Shivji.

* This article was first published in THE CITIZEN (Tanzania) in Saturday Palaver and is reproduced here with the kind permission of the author.

* Issa Shivji is one of Africa’s most radical and original thinkers and has written frequently for Pambazuka News. He is the author of several books, including the seminal Concept of Human Rights in Africa (1989) and, more recently, Let the People Speak: Tanzania down the road to neoliberalism (2006).

* Please send comments to editor@pambazuka.org or comment online at www.pambazuka.org

Readers' Comments

Let your voice be heard. Comment on this article.
I think Mr. Mo is a great man doing all this single handedly, maybe it is neccessery to say here that there are a lot of students sponcered by Mr. Mo in expencive university pursuing postgraduate studies. Qusestioning what is good governence is a worldwide academic issue and is an interesting question in this article, however what i want to say is that this have nothing to do with the good will of the rich man who created the only forum to look at the good side of Arican leaders. A pardigme shift from investing in critism to investing in appreciation.
Bisrat Girma, Graduate Student at AUC

If Mr. Mo really wanted to help Africa afford good governance, he'd have invested in education for there are so many needy and intelligent students that do not afford to go to college for they lack funds.

I think he's just paying his way so that he will end up lobbying for future deals in the areas that his corporation or family plans to invest. This prize has nothing to do with good governance but a strategic need to create some unshakable alliances and power circles.
Bata

Correct me if I’m wrong!

I heard even Mr Mkapa (Tanzania ex-President) was one of nominees of the award!

Right now, Mr Mkapa is a hate figure in Tanzania politics among ‘normal people’ [poor people] for a simple reason that he[Mkapa] was assumed to be ‘Mr Clean’ [a name branded by Mwl Nyerere] but he did mess a lot of things while he was in State House contrary to the name given to him [‘Mr Clean’].

Among other things, Mr Mkapa bought Kiwira coal mining for a cut down price while poor people he led continue to be poorer.

Some urged that the present soaring cost of electricity in the country, among other things, is contributed by this ‘dirty business’!

If it’s true, Mr Mkapa was one of nominees, then the whole process regarding this award underpins serious flaws anyone to see except the panel of the selectors.

Mzee Wauyagauyaga
Free Africa

I think this article raises several interesting points. While the gesture by Mo is noble, I believe it is the target beneficiary that is wrong. Honestly, do Chissano, Kikwete or Mugabe need to be given such millions when they are rich already. Why not say that sum goes to a project selected by the 'good president' than give it to him? If it was Mandela it could go to his charity projects. My point then is the money must go to projects selected by the former president and not individuals' pockets. They are too rich already to be given more.
Phithizela Ngcobo, MA Publishing student

Dear Readers,
In my view I think we have unfortunately placed undue emphasis on the wrong issue. The commentary by Issa Shivji was based on a critique of the idea itself and the parameters used for selecting a winner, not any personality as such.
Basically, I think its time we address real African problems, and stop chasing shadows. We often complain about the West meddling in our affairs in Africa, but at the same time we rely on western paradigms and yardstick in order to validate ourselves. In critical terms, good governance is nothing more than an IMF-World Bank imposition as a means of implemeting and safeguarding an adjustment package that wrecked most African economies. We must remember that most of the adjustment package in sub-Saharan Africa was implemented under military dictatorships and one-party states. Is this good governance?
Why should we accept these standards anyway? Who asseses Mr. Bush, Brown, Sarkozy or Angela Merkel for good governance? Who sets the standards? Definitely, its not Africans, but the citizen of these countries. So lets judge our leaders, if we must, based on our own criteria- on how much impact they have been able to make on the lives of ordinary people and what development agenda they have initiated. To do these we do not need any external yardstick.
The same thing goes for democracy. Whose democracy? What democracy? Can we safely conclude that the Chissano era in Mozambique was characterised by political inclusion? As we speak today, there are many poor people in Africa, who cannot even afford the basic things of life, even in Mozambique. Rather than enriching past presidents the more, Mr. Mo's goodwill can be extended to these people. Definitely such people exist even in his own country. We should stop insulting the sensibilities of Africans by tooing the imperialist line always.
I totally agree with Issa Shijvi: "let us ask ourselves what are we celebrating and whose music we are dancing to".
Godwin Onuoha, GSAA, Martin Luther University, Germany.

If a rich African say in Rwanda or Zimbabwe were to set up a Foundation and award prizes strictly to leaders of the North on Good Governance, will they accept it?
Trainers and Allied Workers Union

has it been president Benjamin Mkapa who got the award, would he (Prof Shivji) be in position to comment all these critics or because its Chisano who got it????

I would appreciate if he could comment on the weaknesses of those who were not selected!!!!
Stanley Ganzel- Radio Tanzania Dar es salaam

SOME COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR ARTICLES. DEAR SIRS, I AGREE WITH YOU IN SOME POINTS THAT YOU MENTIONS HERE. IS IMPORTANT TO BUILD NEWS SCHOOLS, WATER WELLS, HOSPITALS AND OTHERS MAIN INFRASTRUTURE TO AFRICAN PEOPLE END SPECIFFICALLY TO MOZAMBICANS. I HAVE BEEN VERY CRITICAL TO WAY WE OR THE CONCEPTION OF DEVELOPMENT HAVE BEEM APLLIED TO AFRICA AND MOZAMBICAN, BECOUSE WHAT I HAVE SEEN, IS SOME PEOPLE USUALLY RELATED TO POWER BECAME RICHES AND OTHERS MORE POORS. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE CRITERIOUS TO DEFINE GOOD GOVERNANCE IS NOT ALL CORRECT
I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU ON THREE SEVERAL POINTS:
a)THE PRIZE WAS NOT GIVEN TO CHISSANO, BECAUSE HE IS OR WAS A GOOD FATHER. THE ATITUDS OF YOUR SON COULD NOT BE MAIN POINT TO EVALUTION THE CHISSANO'S GOVERNANCE.YOU HAVE TO LOOK TO PEACE, DEMOCRACY. I KNOW THAT WE HAVE BIG PROBLEMS,BUT THE OPPURTUNITY TO LIVE FREE WITHOUT WAR AND CHANCE TO FIGTH TO YOUR SURVIVER IS BETTER THAN DO NOT HAVE ANY OPORTUNITY
c)
b)THE PRIZE IS SPECIFICALLY TO AFRICANS LEADERS, ITS MEANS SPECIFICALLY CONTEXT OF AFRICA. THE EUROPEAN LEADERS HAVE THEY ELEMENTS TO EVALUTIONS AND COMPESATIONS.
c)ITS LOOK LIKE YOU DO NOT SEE NOTHING TO GIVE TO CHISSANO THE PRIZE. JUST SOMEONE WHO NEVER DO NOTHING IS WHO NEVER IS WRONG. CHISSANO HAS ANY OTHERS MEN TOOK BAD DICISIONS, BUT WE HAVE MANY GOOD THINGS THAT COMES FROM CHISSANO'S TIME.
BRAZAO CATOPOLA

hiyo foundation ingeanzisha scholarship kuwezesha vijana wa Africa wapate elimu ya juu ktk vyuo mashuhuri ktk field zaidi ya biashara. Angeanzisha fund ili mwenzangu na mie nipige Mastaz pale Oxford University au Cambridge University, sio kuwapa pesa viongozi walanguzi.

hiyo foundation ingeanzisha scholarship kuwezesha vijana wa Africa wapate elimu ya juu ktk vyuo mashuhuri ktk field zaidi ya biashara. Angeanzisha fund ili mwenzangu na mie nipige Mastaz pale Oxford University au Cambridge University, sio kuwapa pesa viongozi walanguzi.
..Point mazee!!

Nakubaliana na wewe, lakini pia ukumbuke nchi inaweza kuwa na wasomi wengi wasio na manufaa kwa nchi yao. Kwa hiyo suala la good governance ni la muhimu sana, ili angalau kwa kile kidogo kilichopo kiwe kinatumika kwa manufaa ya wengi.

Vision ya kuihujumu TTCL?

Mkuu naamini unayafahamu matatizo tuliyonayo kwenye mikataba tunayoingia na wawekezaji. Ingekuwa hayo unayozungumza yametokea TTCL tu ningeweza kukusikiliza, lakini tunamapungufu makubwa kwenye negotiations na ubinafsi. Haya ndiyo yanayopelekea kuwa na mikataba mibovu na wawekezaji. Angalia haya yanayotokea TRL... Mo Ibrahim yupo humo???

Mo deserves a huge clap for trying to enhance governance in africa!!

Mkuu naamini unayafahamu matatizo tuliyonayo kwenye mikataba tunayoingia na wawekezaji. Ingekuwa hayo unayozungumza yametokea TTCL tu ningeweza kukusikiliza, lakini tunamapungufu makubwa kwenye negotiations na ubinafsi. Haya ndiyo yanayopelekea kuwa na mikataba mibovu na wawekezaji. Angalia haya yanayotokea TRL... Mo Ibrahim yupo humo???

Mo deserves a huge clap for trying to enhance governance in africa!!

Enhance governance?Umeisoma article ya Shivji, which is posted above? Unaweza kueleza ni kwa namna gani Mo Ibrahim is enhancing governance in Africa?Je umeshaona mabadiliko yeyote in governance in any country in SSA that you can claim to have been caused by Mo Ibrahim? Kiongozi aliyeko madarakani sasa hivi, say Jakaya Kikwete, ana uhakika gani kuwa atashinda tuzo ya Mo na hivyo aachane na vitendo vya rushwa n.k.? Put it differently, have you noticed any of our leaders behaving strategically hoping that he/she will be rewarded by Mo sometime down the road? Kumekuwa na tuzo nyingi kabla ya hii ya Mo e.g. Nobel. Ninakubali reward ni muhimu as a positive reinforcement. But they don't change human nature. People do what is in their best interest. What is in your best interest may be beneficial to the society. So, you will be recognized and rewarded. Kama wewe ni mwizi, sidhani kama hizi tuzo zitakufanya uache wizi. It's in your best interest to steal. The fact that one is not sure of being rewarded renders Mo Ibrahim Prize ineffective in changing the behavior of our leaders! If you are a good leader, you are just a good leader whether Mo will make you rich or not.

Mkuu I give credit where it is due, huyo Mo mbona kashaanza maskolashipu ya 'utawala bora' huko SOAS - haya hapa na jinsi pesa ilivyo na power yamesababisha wampe honorary degree:

SOAS commemorates generous gift from Mo Ibrahim Foundation

Professor Paul Webley, Director and Principal of SOAS and Dr. Mo Ibrahim

27 March 2008

On 17 March 2008, Director and Principal Paul Webley welcomed Dr. Mo Ibrahim to SOAS to commemorate the very generous donation of £1.375 million from the Mo Ibrahim Foundation to SOAS. The signing ceremony was attended by other members of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and SOAS staff.

This generous gift will fund a new initiative, Governance for Development in Africa, which will support increasing knowledge and debate in Africa on the economic, political and legal dimensions of governance and development.

The initiative is comprised of four dedicated programmes organised by SOAS: short-term visiting Leadership Development Fellowships; Residential Schools on Governance and Development, to be held in different African countries; an annual series of Governance Lectures commissioned for streaming to sub-Saharan Africa; and PhD Scholarships linking African universities with SOAS. They will be managed by the Centre of African Studies at SOAS.

This extraordinary gift will encourage Africans across a range of sectors to develop their own arguments and policies for governance and development, by putting at their disposal the expertise, resources, and networks available at SOAS. The initiative aims to broaden critical debate rather than transfer the ready-made assumptions and ‘solutions' commonly offered internationally. As Dr. Ibrahim attests, "Nothing will transform Africa's future more than enlightened leadership and strong governance. That is the firm belief of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and I am delighted that the Foundation is able to support SOAS to empower Africans to shape the continent's development."

Professor Paul Webley, Director and Principal, describes the significance of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation's generosity: ‘This gift will have a tremendous impact, not only for SOAS, but for the future of Africa. We are delighted that Dr Mo Ibrahim and his fellow Trustees are working with SOAS on such an exciting project, which will have an impact on Africa for years to come."

For more information, please visit the Centre of African Studies.

Source: http://www.soas.ac.uk/news/newsitem42715.html

Money - whether stolen or not - has power (and influence):

Mo Ibrahim (University of London DSc (Econ) Honoris Causa)
A global expert in mobile communications with a distinguished academic and business career and an inspiring philanthropist, Dr Mo Ibrahim was awarded an Honorary DSc(Econ) from SOAS in 2007.

In 2006 Dr Ibrahim established the Mo Ibrahim Foundation to support great African leadership. The Foundation focuses on two major initiatives to stimulate debate around, and improve the quality of, governance in Africa. The Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership recognises and celebrates excellence; and the Ibrahim Index of African Governance provides civil society with a comprehensive and quantifiable tool to promote government accountability. In 2007 the Foundation and SOAS established the Governance for Development in Africa initiative at the School. The project will run over five years and aims to build skills, develop talent and enable Africans to improve the quality of governance in their countries.

Sudanese by birth, Dr Ibrahim founded Celtel International, one of Africa's most successful companies. The company operates in 15 African countries, covering more than a third of the continent's population. The company has invested more than $750 million (USD) in Africa helping to bring the benefits of mobile communications to millions of people throughout the continent. In 2007, Dr Ibrahim was awarded the GSM Association Chairman's award, the telecommunications industry's highest accolade, for helping the world to hear Africa's voice". In 2008 Dr Ibrahim was presented with the BNP Paribas Prize for Philanthropy, and also listed by TIME magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

Source: http://www.soas.ac.uk/about/fellows/ibrahim/

Frantz Fanon anasema 'mali yao ni mali yetu pia' maana waliipoka kwetu, hivyo changamkieni hii mali yetu iliyopokwa TTCL:

The Mo Ibrahim Foundation offer scholarships at the School of Oriental and African Studies

20090925_4col-img-soas-01.jpg

The Centre of African Studies, , at SOAS, University of London is creating a dedicated environment to support Africans to study both the legal aspects of governance and the links between economic development and governance in order to enable them to improve the quality of governance in their countries. The Governance for Development in Africa Initiative aims to build the skills of bright young Africans with a number of strands: leadership development fellowships, residential schools on governance in Africa, a lecture series, and PhD scholarships.

Each year three fellows, rising stars in their fields, will spend eight to ten weeks in London, hosted by the SOAS Centre of African Studies. SOAS will make extensive academic resources available and set up specialised lectures and meetings so that the fellows can produce a strategy paper for their sector. SOAS will also commission a series of Mo Ibrahim Foundation Lectures on Governance every year which will be made available in Africa.

SOAS will organise annual residential schools on governance themes, in different African countries for twenty people from across the continent. The schools will expose participants, from universities, civil society, government, trade unions and the private sector, to the latest debates on governance.

The Foundation will also support a competition for African students to apply for research grants towards a PhD on governance-related issues, supervised both at SOAS and the student's home university in Africa.

For further information on any of these programmes please contact Angelica Baschiera ab17@soas.ac.uk, +44 (0)20 7898 4370

Source: http://www.moibrahimfoundation.org/...ties/scholarship-opportunities-with-soas.html

Thanks Companero for additional details of how Mo Ibrahim supports our continent!!

Guys give credits to whom it is due!!!

Yes, kumpa mtu mmoja all those monies ni element ya ufisadi. Kama lengo lake ni kuisaidia africa angeanzisha scholarship hata zikiwa ndani ya vyuo vilivyomo barani africa.

NI MWIZI NA MHUNI, HE CORRUPTS WITH GOVERNMENTS, USIKUTE HATA HII SASATEL NI YA KWAKE.....RUMOURS HAS THAT ILIANZA KWA STYLE YA CELTEL NDANI YA TTCL IKASHTUKIWA.

Mr. Mo Ibrahim: you have made millions of dollars from the sweat and blood of the African people. If you want to return a few million to the people, build schools, dispensaries, and water wells in the south of your own country rather than giving them to Chisasanos of this world. Do not add insult to injury by robbing (poor) Peter to pay (rich) Paul.

© Issa Shivji.

I hate people who jumps to the wagon and comes to conclusions without thorough analysis of the subject matters.

Kipande cha nukuu ya Mwanataaluma na msomi mahiri Ndugu Issa Shivji hapo juu kinajitosheleza cheeenyeeeewe! Hakuna ubishi katika hili.

Tatizo letu wabongo au Wa-tz tunapenda kurukia na kushabikia mamb hata ambayo hayana maslahi yoyote kwetu kama wabongo. Wabongo wengi wamekuwa ni watu wa kupiga makelele na longolongo nyingi wakti hakuna lolote la maana wanalo fanya. Ndiyo maana mimi nasema kila siku kuwa nchi hii ina laana!

Ndiyo maana tuna mawaziri 11 kwenye serikali ya Kikwete wenye digrii bandia(fake degrees) na wamekabidhiwa madaraka makubwa yasiyolingana na shule waliyonayo. Matokeo yake tunayajua kila mmoja wetu. Shame on you people! Ingelikuwa ni nchi nyingine Wananchi wangelikuwa wameshaandamana kupinga Mawaziri hao kuwemo kwenye serikali!!!

Mo Ibrahim:

Kwangu mimi huyu jamaa mwenye asili ya Sudan anayejidai ni Mwingereza kwangu mimi ni kibaka tu,ni jizi na fisadi lililokubuhu!!
Huyu jamaa aliingia hapa Tanzania mwaka 2001 akijidai ni Mwekezaji kwa jina la MSI akishirikiana na DETECON ya Ujerumani kuendesha Kampuni ya Simu Tanzania-TTCL. Alianzisha Celtel ndani ya TTCL kwa madai kuwa anaongeza kiasi cha wateja toka 250,000 aliowakuta kufikia 840,000. Celtel ilianzishwa kwa kutumia hati ya usajili wa Kampuni ya simu za mkononi ya TTCL iliyokuwa iitwe Celnet lakini mafisadi wakishirikiana na Mo waliikatalia TTCL kuendesha Celnet na jukumu hilo likachukuliwa na Celtel Tanzania ambayo baadaye imekuja kuwa Celtel International na sasa inaitwa Zain International.

Mo Ibrahim amejitajirisha kupitia raslimali na miundo ya TTCL wakti wa utawala wa Mkapa. Mchakato wote wa ubinafsishaji wa TTCL mwaka 2001 ulifanyika chini ya utawala wa Mkapa. Baada ya ubinafsishaji Mo akishirikiana na Mkapa wakaanzisha Simu 2000 ndani ya TTCL ambayo Mkurugenzi wake alikuwa ni mtoto wa Ben na Anna Mkapa somebody Maro. Hawa watu ndiyo walioifilisi TTCL kwa kujineemesha wao na fisadi mwenzao Mo Ibrahim. Kuna Bilions of Tshs zilihamishiwa Celtel toka TTCL hili kila mtu analifahamu. Kama mtu anabisha aende akauliza wafanyakazi wazalendo ndani ya TTCL!!!!

Na ili kuonyesha fadhila na shukrani kwa Mkapa ndiyo maana Mo akaanzisha Mo Foundation kwa lengo la kumzawadia fisadi mwenzake Mkapa zile Tshs. Bilioni 5(5m USD). Ndiyo maana jina la Mkapa lilikuwa linapigiwa upatu ili Mkapa ndiyo awe Rais bora Afrika kwa mara ya Kwanza. Lakini Mo alikuwa amekosea stepu kwa kuingiza majina ya Marais wengine wenye mvuto kuliko Mkapa kama Joachim Chissano kwa hiyo Fisadi Mkapa akapigwa chini!!!

Nasikia hata mwaka huu Jina la Mkapa lilijitokeza tena kwa mbinu zilezile za Mo za kutaka kumzawadia fisadi mwenzanke Mkapa. Kulingana na habari zisizo rasmi ulitokea mtafuruku mkali ndani ya kikao kiasi cha Mo kuamua kutoitoa zawadi hiyo kwa mwaka huu baada ya jina la rafiki yake Mkapa kutopitishwa!!!!!

Nasikia hata mwaka huu Jina la Mkapa lilijitokeza tena kwa mbinu zilezile za Mo za kutaka kumzawadia fisadi mwenzanke Mkapa. Kulingana na habari zisizo rasmi ulitokea mtafuruku mkali ndani ya kikao kiasi cha Mo kuamua kutoitoa zawadi hiyo kwa mwaka huu baada ya jina la rafiki yake Mkapa kutopitishwa!!!!!

Mwenye uhakika juu ya hili atueleze kiundani tafadhali!!

Thanks Companero for additional details of how Mo Ibrahim supports our continent!!

Guys give credits to whom it is due!!!

Sijaweka hizo kuonyesha jinsi 'anavyosapoti' bara letu. Nimeweka kuonyesha jinsi ambavyo anapaswa kurudisha hela zetu. Baada ya hizo skolashipu sasa anatakiwa ajenge maabara ya sayansi na uhandisi Afrika!

Sijaweka hizo kuonyesha jinsi 'anavyosapoti' bara letu. Nimeweka kuonyesha jinsi ambavyo anapaswa kurudisha hela zetu. Baada ya hizo skolashipu sasa anatakiwa ajenge maabara ya sayansi na uhandisi Afrika!

Hela zenu?, Kila kitu kimekuwa chako sasa. Kwanini hutaki kujitengenezea mwenyewe mpaka unasubiri World Vision?

Back
Top Bottom