Mwanza the Rock city.
1469601049170.jpg

Huwa hamkosi sababu

Mwenzenu kapost Nairobi City
Kampala city
Mbona hamkusema?
Eti kwakuwa tu Dar Es Salaam kimewauma hahaha
Nyie vipi!
I never mentioned a particular person or a particular post. I am referring to everyone who is posting random photos of cities instead of real iconic architecture. The guilty ones are always afraid though so it is understandable when you respond back so bitterly.

Our Humble Beginnings

The Kenyatta International Conference Centre is a 28 storey building fondly referred to as the” KICC” was constructed in the late 1960s and opened its door to the most prestigious global conference of the time to ever come to the African soil, the IMF/World bank conference in September 1973. Designed by the Norwegian architect Karl Henrik Nøstvik and our own David Mutiso the construction was done in three phases. Phase I was the construction of the podium, Phase II consisted of the main tower and Phase III involved the Plenary. Construction was completed in 1973; with the opening ceremony occurring in September 1973 presided over by Kenya’s founding father President Kenyatta. This is the only building that says you know Kenya. It is the Iconic symbol of Kenya. No picture says “this is Kenya” if it does not have KICC in the background. It is the only building within the city with a helipad that is open to public. Any visitor to the City of Nairobi should set their bearings from here since it’s also located in the central business district of Nairobi. Of the buildings built that time, the KICC is the most eco-friendly and most environment conscious structure; its main frame is constructed with locally available materials Gravel, sand, cement and wood, it has wide open spaces which allows for natural aeration and natural lighting. Cuboids make up the plenary hall, the tower consists of a cylinder composed of several cuboids and the amphitheatre and helipad both resemble cones. The tower is built around a concrete core and it has no walls but glass windows which allow for maximum natural lighting. It has the largest halls in eastern and central Africa. Throughout its 39 year history KICC is the most sentimental building to all Kenyans, most of whose interaction with the city started with this building at their young age. The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act. 2011 that came into operation on 1st September 2012. Whereas KICC is much known as a meeting venue in Nairobi, its mandate is national in nature, to promote the country as a destination most preferred for business travel and MICE tourism. M.I.C.E has been recognized as one of the four key products to be developed under the Kenya Vision 2030; under the economic pillar. Kenya is Africa's second best international MICE destination, its Won consecutively in the ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association) 2012, 2013 country and city rankings. The Kenyatta International Convention Center – KICC has been and still is an icon and landmark for Kenya since completion. This has distinguished it as a premiere meeting venue throughout the region. With its Strategic location at the heart of the central business district of Kenya’s Capital, KICC boasts of its proximity and easy accessibility to and from all major five-star hotels, most of which are ten minutes walk away and five minutes away by car. KICC has the capacity to hold both large and small events, both indoors and outdoors. The facility has excellent rooms, with good ambiance, clean and air conditioned.
Our History | KICC
I dont think if Architects have time to read all these words.....

Back off and shut that stupid mouth of yours,
Motochini twende kazi boss wangu..
Kila kitu sio ubishi, we can share so many things without always showing off.. The Elephant tusks in mombasa, the rocks in mwanza city, the old city clock in thika....we need know about the small town's and villages in East Africa... personally I have had enough of this major cities.

Among the best places in Tanzania,
Iringa is one of the best towns, with a very conducive agricultural environment,
This is a village in Iringa,
Tosamaganga village,
With one famous High school (my school)
One of the historical sites in Tz,
Whoever had been there please enjoy this..
Karibuni sana iringa aisee.
1469607554895.jpg

A village from distance
1469607580080.jpg
1469607588460.jpg
1469607593110.jpg

Tosamaganga church,(among the oldest in the country 1920's, but still looks good)
1469607769816.jpg
1469607775990.jpg
1469607835723.jpg

Then shule ya Kijanja sana Tanzania,
Pamoja na kuwa hii shule haipo mjini, hakuna aliyekuja hapa akatoka mshamba.

University of Dodoma is a public institution built recently.
The institution allowed more secondary school leavers to join higher education, as well as shrinking the shortage of teachers & other professionals in the country..
Hapa tazama ubunifu wa majengo,
And one guy humu claimed sijui wahandisi toka Malaysia na upuuzi gani,
This is mostly local built, from funding, designs n.k
1469609413765.jpg
1469609432902.jpg

1469609499277.jpg

College of informatics and virtual education.
Ubunifu wa hali ya juu.
1469609532984.jpg
1469609545500.jpg
1469609553121.jpg
1469609569722.jpg
1469609577290.jpg
1469609619530.jpg

Main administration building

Back
Top Bottom