Makirikiri na Mrs Obama

PascalFlx

Feb 11, 2009
Mke wa Rais wa marekani alipokelewa na ngoma za kukata na shoka kutikas katika vikundi mbalimbali ya sanaa alipowasili nchini Botswana ikiwemo kundi maarufu la Makirikiri (jina wanalojulikana Tanzania),
Habari zaidi na picha hapo chini:

Michelle Obama gets a personal welcome in Botswana from a group of dancing children
  • First Lady is greeted by children dancing in animal hide
  • Obama family given personal welcome as dancers chant 'Obama Ye-Le-Le'
  • Mrs Obama helped paint a mural
  • She paid a courtesy call on President Ian Khama
By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 5:20 PM on 24th June 2011

Michelle Obama was given an especially personal welcome by 25 children when she landed in Botswana today.

The excited group, clad in traditional clothing, greeted the First Lady as she arrived on the second leg of a week-long goodwill visit to Africa after flying in from Cape Town, South Africa.

The youngsters, aged between six and 18, wore costumes of animal hide with shells around their ankles, as they clapped and danced, singing 'Obama Ye-Le-Le'.
article-2007796-0CB5C33E00000578-453_634x412.jpg

Warm welcome: Michelle Obama with daughters Sasha, far right, and Malia, right, were greeted by traditional dancers as they arrive in Gaborone, Botswana

article-2007796-0CB5F57B00000578-249_634x822.jpg
That's a new way to say hello: The First Lady looks delighted at the performance, which began when she arrived in Botswana

article-2007796-0CB6975000000578-240_634x527.jpg

Side-splitting: The dancers put on a special performance and chanted 'Obama Ye-Le-Le'

Another 50 children waved U.S. and Botswana flags to welcome Mrs Obama, who looked delighted while she clapped along to the performers.
Her first stop upon arrival was at the clinic in the capital of Gaborone that is sponsored by Baylor University. The clinic serves 4,000 children and their families.

The First Lady helped paint a mural at the Botswana-Baylor Adolescent Center of Excellence, a new facility under construction.
Mrs Obama's daughters Malia and Sasha, her mother Marian Robinson, and her niece and nephew joined in the painting.
She painted a sun on a scene of children playing against a backdrop of homes and blue sky with members of the 'Teen Club.' The center is affiliated with Baylor University's Pediatric AIDS initiative.

article-2007796-0CB5BA3F00000578-155_634x465.jpg

Smiles all round: Everyone looked thrilled to meet the First Lady, who has been promoting good health in southern Africa

article-2007796-0CB5C36B00000578-546_634x415.jpg

Giving out hugs: U.S. first lady Michelle Obama was greeted by excited children when she arrived and made their day by chatting to them

The mother-of-two was hesitant to leave as she had not had time to blend the paint on her portion of the mural.
The Teen Clubs are a support program for HIV infected children and teens affected by the virus. Some of them have lost their parents to the disease.
The first lady then spoke at a women's leadership luncheon, where she called Botswana 'a thriving democracy' with a fast-growing economy that embodies 'a vision of Africa on the move.'

She also paid a courtesy call on President Ian Khama and tonight the Obama family will have dinner at a nature park that is home to giraffes, elephants, zebras, baboons and other animals.
The first lady's mission began last Monday in South Africa and is her first overseas visit without President Obama. She is due to return Monday to the White House.
At a forum at the University of Cape Town yesterday, a young student asked Mrs. Obama: 'Do you still feel pressure being the first African American first lady?'
article-2007796-0CB5E82D00000578-783_634x712.jpg

Time out: An attentive Mrs Obama made sure she spoke to school children who had come to see her

At first Obama didn't catch the question. 'Do I feel --' she prompted back.
'The pressure,' the student responded.
'Pressure, oh, the pressure. I thought you said the 'pleasure',' Obama said, to laughter.
'I don't know if I feel pressure. But I feel deep, deep responsibility. So I guess in a sense there is pressure, because I don't want to let people down.'
The attentive, youthful audience did not appear the least bit let down.
'I didn't necessarily run for office. I was actually trying to talk my husband out of running for office,' she continued, again to laughter.

'But now that we're here, I want to be good because this is a big job, and it's a big, bright light. And you don't want to waste it.'
Mrs Obama is promoting health and wellness on her visit, with a special emphasis on AIDS prevention.
article-2007796-0CB6D54200000578-697_634x843.jpg

Important guest: Mrs Obama met traditional dancers, schoolchildren ann Botswana's President Lt. Gen. Seretse Khama Ian Khama during her visit

wamarekani hapa nimewanyima credit..nguo nyekundu usimruhusu mkeo avae kwenye mambo ya kiofisi
article-2007796-0CB6D54200000578-697_634x843.jpg

Rais Khama hajajichibua ila mama yake ni mwingereza baba yake ndio mweusi(hayati Seletse Khama). Kitendo cha kuoa mzungu wakati fulani kilimtia matatani mzee Khama maana ilikuwa ni aibu kwa chifu wa watswana kuoa mzungu na bado akaendelea kuwa kiongozi.

Rais Khama hajajichibua ila mama yake ni mwingereza baba yake ndio mweusi(hayati Seletse Khama). Kitendo cha kuoa mzungu wakati fulani kilimtia matatani mzee Khama maana ilikuwa ni aibu kwa chifu wa watswana kuoa mzungu na bado akaendelea kuwa kiongozi.
Umesomeka

Bendera ya Botswana na ya kwetu kama zinafanana, isipokuwa rangi tu.

wamarekani hapa nimewanyima credit..nguo nyekundu usimruhusu mkeo avae kwenye mambo ya kiofisi

Hapa sasa mimi nakunyima wewe credit. Bado kweli uko kwenye mawazo ya "kuruhusu" mke kuvaa nguo fulani? Mke wa rais ana ofisi gani na taratibu zipi zinazomlazimu kavaa nguo ya aina rangi fulani na si nyingine? Jieleze vizuri zaidi mtakatifu, tukuelewe.

Hapa sasa mimi nakunyima wewe credit. Bado kweli uko kwenye mawazo ya "kuruhusu" mke kuvaa nguo fulani? Mke wa rais ana ofisi gani na taratibu zipi zinazomlazimu kavaa nguo ya aina rangi fulani na si nyingine? Jieleze vizuri zaidi mtakatifu, tukuelewe.
kama hujui unaninyimaje cedit? but ukweli ndio huo

Hivi huyo prezidaa wa Botswana ni mzungu au ndo mambo ya kujichubua?
Ni chotara wa kiskochi Sir Khama alilamba demu wa kizungu alipokuwa huko majuu miaka ya 1950 jamaa ni pilot wa ndege za kijeeshi na ni mtu wa mazoezi mpaka sasa hajaoa hapendi mianamuke iliyonenepeana

Mm anatisha hana makuu anajitahidi kufanana na watu hana mabinti zake wapo kawaida sana.

MIMI PIA sijamwelewa Ivuga!
Kama ataeleza nadhani itakuwa ni faida kwa wengi, ukizingatia tuko hapa kujifunza!

Back
Top Bottom