Kenya ready to roll out $ 500 million high-speed 4G network by 2013

Data transmission grows by leaps and bounds hence need for robust efficient data networks. M pesa imeshika kweli Kenya, Huduma nyingi unalipia kupitia m pesa, umeme,maji, bill supermarket, mutu ya mkono(vibarua wa mjengo), kinyozi etc. Hivi majuzi mfumo wa kuhamisha pesa kutoka benki account yako hadi m pesa account yako umezinduliwa .yote haya ni data transmission.

Not just in Kenya, kila mahali, from Lagos to durban m-pesa is african answer to plastic card (debit card). Remember sharaholders was hizi telecoms ni wale wale, if they are doing something in Kenya they doing it everywhere they operate.

Kwenye red: I wish ungekuwepo wakati team ya Rwanda imekuja Tanzania. They could not believe it walipopewa facts na wakalinganisha na jirani. Kagame habahatishi na sasa hivi TTCL wako kazini Kigali. Tatizo letu I must admit, hatupigi kelele na kuweka every details before the god's panel. Hapo pa kupiga kelele nawapa 5 Kenya. Nirudie, Tanzania ICT iko swafi, hutaji jingonge!

FJM
, samahani nilikuwepo safarini kidogo. Hatujitupi mbele ya god's panel. Lakini wakati wajenzi na wapangaji wetu wa miradi hizi wanapojitia kijasho na kusistiza mpaka kwa vyombo vya habari, planners kutoka kote ulimwenguni na barani huweka msimamo kuwa efforts zinazowekwa na local planners are below standard. Na hii ni njia mojawapo zinazotumika na independent planners and consultants waki collude na international media houses kupotosha ulimwengu kuhusu kutokuwa na miradi kama hizi. Au utakuta miradi zinapotaka anzishwa, consultants watasema Afrika maskini huenda wasimalize huku wakizitaja kama "white elephants" I must say kama waafrika we have done well. Taratibu ndio mwendo.

• Thanks
Reactions: FJM
Data transmission grows by leaps and bounds hence need for robust efficient data networks. M pesa imeshika kweli Kenya, Huduma nyingi unalipia kupitia m pesa, umeme,maji, bill supermarket, mutu ya mkono(vibarua wa mjengo), kinyozi etc. Hivi majuzi mfumo wa kuhamisha pesa kutoka benki account yako hadi m pesa account yako umezinduliwa .yote haya ni data transmission.

Nilikuwa namskiza Bob Collimore mkurugenzi mkuu wa safaricom akisimulia jinsi ambavyo kuweka mpesa kwenya ramani ambapo ilipo ilikuwa ni vita kati yao na mabanki. Ikiwa makampuni mengine Afrika yataweka huu mtandao wa mpesa, lazima kuingia kupigana.

bukyagandi am no IT expert, likewise to certified as his name tells alot about his intellectual background. However its obvious theres a relationship between good internet service and Mpesa service delivery.
Read this pluck, trying to cut the impasse between you two:
Hosting M-Pesa servers locally should also
eliminate disruptions that occur whenever
the undersea fibre optic cable is damaged
and reduce the time taken to restore the
system in the event of such a damage.
Safaricom has in the past three weeks been
forced to reroute its international traffic to
satellite platform after its main link to the
global network of highspeed Internet, the
TEAMs cable was damaged in deep sea.
Safaricom has a 22.5 stake in TEAMs and
uses the bandwidth to connect to other
parts of the world including Germany where
the M-Pesa servers are currently hosted.

Regardless to their allegiances operators should learn that relying on a single optical fiber marine cable is not healthy for their businesses. What could be lost if Safaricom uses other optic fiber marine cables as a backup instead of falling back on the expensive satellites..

bukyagandi am no IT expert, likewise to certified as his name tells alot about his intellectual background. However its obvious theres a relationship between good internet service and Mpesa service delivery.
Read this pluck, trying to cut the impasse between you two:
Hosting M-Pesa servers locally should also
eliminate disruptions that occur whenever
the undersea fibre optic cable is damaged
and reduce the time taken to restore the
system in the event of such a damage.
Safaricom has in the past three weeks been
forced to reroute its international traffic to
satellite platform after its main link to the
global network of highspeed Internet, the
TEAMs cable was damaged in deep sea.
Safaricom has a 22.5 stake in TEAMs and
uses the bandwidth to connect to other
parts of the world including Germany where
the M-Pesa servers are currently hosted

I thought m-pesa is hosted by rackspace - UK?

Bukyanagandi said:
Mkuu, nakuomba usome vizuri nilicho andika humu husikurupukie MAMBO, mimi sijuhi ulewa wako katika fani ya communication ni wa kiwango gani! Kwani M-Pesa inahitaji kitu gani kuwasiliana na simu nyingine, can you send M-PESA raw!!!!! Hamna popote humu nimesema M-Pesa haitaji mawasiliano. Kwani kwa mawazo yako unafikili M-Pesa ina-occupy slot gani katika seven OSI layers ? Don't try to be bigger than your HEAD, sorry.

Boss!! Let's keep things simple. You said that mpesa is not a part of ICT. You went further and said ICT encompasses only data communications. Explain to me like a two year old why you said that and I will come up with my remarks on the same. Wow!! Ati you can't send mpesa raw!!! Have come across the term electronic cash.

I have been following this interesting discussion of yours and i have to admit that both of you are talking about same thing without really knowing/acknowledging you just do that...:happy:

Ok, lets just to take this to the next level, i have attached this picture of mine which depicts the client-server like protocols interaction within a mobile data network (Typical a 3G network/packet-switched). Mpesa is not a really packet-switched based mobile data service it is actually a circuit-switched based mobile data service. Thats why it runs even on old black&white/dumb mobile phones. Having said that, however, most data-based mobile services including your Mpesa follows similar encapsulation.

7279412704_dd9114a2d1.jpg

Vodafone Money Transfer | Rackspace UK

Rackspace are located near Heathrow. I was there a few weeks ago so I know what I am talking about. Sasa click hiyo link. Maybe next time you should look beyond google!

good to know you travel wide but i insist Mpesa servers are in germany. Credible link by the way, al post mine in a bit. FJM take it from a Kenyan....Bob collymore knows what he talks. I presume vodafone is just playing politics here as they have always wanted to own MPESA exclusively.

good to know you travel wide but i insist Mpesa servers are in germany. Credible link by the way, al post mine in a bit. FJM take it from a Kenyan....Bob collymore knows what he talks. I presume vodafone is just playing politics here as they have always wanted to own MPESA exclusively.

Livefire, I am tellling you I know where those bloody servers but wewe unang'ang'ania Germany. Germany ipi, ya SW? Danka Danka. What if I tell you I even have mobile phone numbers of the guys directly involved in managing m-pesa account? As we speak m-pesa is thier biggest client! and look at the aggressiveness from Vodafone after m-pesa!

FJM with utmost respect, take my words kindly. Read and make conclusions on your own. Thank you!!
Yesterday evening I had an opportunity to have a four hours chat with Safaricom CEO, Bob Collymore. He talked about the company, milestones, challenges and what the future holds for the company.
For computer geeks, Safaricom is planning to introduce an M-pesa API after it successfully transfers the M-pesa servers to Kenya. The servers are currently in Germany and mirrored in UK. This might take long but lets hope its
Rodgers Andati's Blog
Kenya
M-Pesa

hope it satisfies u now. I am being kiind with words and not insisting for no show.

FJM with utmost respect, take my words kindly. Read and make conclusions on your own. Thank you!!
Yesterday evening I had an opportunity to have a four hours chat with Safaricom CEO, Bob Collymore. He talked about the company, milestones, challenges and what the future holds for the company.
For computer geeks, Safaricom is planning to introduce an M-pesa API after it successfully transfers the M-pesa servers to Kenya. The servers are currently in Germany and mirrored in UK. This might take long but lets hope its
Rodgers Andati's Blog
Kenya
M-Pesa

hope it satisfies u now. I am being kiind with words and not insisting for no show.

Again, both of you might be right, kwa sababu kama unafanya biashara ya ki-Dunia kwenye Internet huwezi weka Servers
zako zote mahala pamoja (mfano mzuri ni Google, Microsoft, na Fcebook). kuna mambo ya load-balancing etc. etc..:happy:

Pili, suala la access kwenye APIs sioni kwanini eti mpaka hapo hapo Server zitakopuwa kenya ndio watu/developers waanze kuzifanyia kazi. Kwani kunatatizo gani developers ku-pewa access kwenye APIs hata kama Servers haziko Kenya?. Hivi unajua kwamba we have access kwenye APIs za kampuni kama Apple na wengineo wakubwa wakati hata Servers zao haziko hosted kwenye nchi tunazoishi?

cause if that's how things are done, we will actually never get ourselves out of the abject poverty. just that.
So now you will be out of the vicious circle of poverty soon....... My opinion.... just apply a basic economics scale of preferences........ i.e by the moment what is a pressing need.... internet or food.....

So now you will be out of the vicious circle of poverty soon....... My opinion.... just apply a basic economics scale of preferences........ i.e by the moment what is a pressing need.... internet or food.....

the subject of preferences is mostly microeconomic, when it comes to the national economy, I'd rather say the main objective is development and eradication of poverty, which cannot be solved by applying short-term measures that cater for the "pressing need" which in turn arises every season without a stable economic base.

the subject of preferences is mostly microeconomic, when it comes to the national economy, I'd rather say the main objective is development and eradication of poverty, which cannot be solved by applying short-term measures that cater for the "pressing need" which in turn arises every season without a stable economic base.
p.s. about the vicious circle - I'm optimistic

Back
Top Bottom