Kenya automates citizens data

Tim Choice

JF-Expert Member
Sep 28, 2013
Nowhere to hide as Kenya automates citizens' data

NAIROBI: The Government has created a "super database" which will enable State agencies to bring up details about a person at the click of a button. President Uhuru Kenyatta Wednesday launched the Integrated Population Registration System (IPRS), which allows access to an individual's entire registration and identification records using a single personal identification number.

The system will capture critical data of all Kenyans and foreigners residing in Kenya, including refugees. Through the platform, all critical documents such as birth certificates, national identity cards, passports, Kenya Revenue Authority tax status, National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) information will be accessible at the click of a button.

INFORMATION CAPTURED

"We need to know how many people we serve, who they are, what their needs and aspirations are. We need to know about new citizens as soon as they are born or naturalised. Likewise, we needed to know about those who leave our midst, when and why," said the President.

Previously, data on Kenyans and non-Kenyans was contained in manual systems maintained by different institutions. These ranged from the Civil Registration Bureau, National Registration Bureau and the Department of Immigration to the Office of the Registrar-General, NSSF and the NHIF.

Uhuru said that previously, anyone desiring information on an individual had to navigate huge volumes of manual data in different places.

"This challenge hampers the capacity of stakeholders to detect or prevent fraud, impersonation or other criminal activity. It also makes it costly to generate proper planning information," he said.

MASTER DATABASE

The President said that IPRS was the beginning of the journey to ultimately establish Kenya's National Master Database which would support the third generation identity card system, e-Border, e-Visa, e-Passport and the aliens management systems. He called on Kenyans to ensure that all births and deaths are officially reported, and transmitted to the National Population Register.

Source: Nowhere to hide as Kenya automates citizens' data

Last edited by a moderator:
My first thread ever tangu kujiunga jamii forums miaka mitano baadae!..........*clap for myself*.

Nafikiri ni mabadiliko yaliyofanyika JF ndio yamepelekea haya.......*another clap for the JF Team*

Thanks all.

My first thread ever tangu kujiunga jamii forums miaka mitano baadae!..........*clap for myself*.

Nafikiri ni mabadiliko yaliyofanyika JF ndio yamepelekea haya.......*another clap for the JF Team*

Thanks all.
Hahaha!Clap for yourself!1.2.3!Pa!Pa!Pa!Hongera kwako, makofi kwangu pia, mimi ndo nimekuwa wakwanza ku'comment' kwenye thread yako ya kwanza.

Hahaha!Clap for yourself!1.2.3!Pa!Pa!Pa!Hongera kwako, makofi kwangu pia,mimi ndo nimekuwa wakwanza ku'comment' kwenye thread yako ya kwanza.

Ama kweli mkuu!....makofi pia kwako *pa! pa! pa!.......raha jipee mwenyewe mkuu....wikendi poa!

He he he, u two are being clownish. My very first thread, a year after joining this site ndio hiyo hapo juu on the Kenyan Politics section, ''stickied''.

Clap for me too please...

Ama kweli mkuu!....makofi pia kwako *pa! pa! pa!.......raha jipee mwenyewe mkuu....wikendi poa!
He he he, u two are being clownish. My very first thread, a year after joining this site ndio hiyo hapo juu on the Kenyan Politics section, ''stickied''.

Hey,everybody is clapping for themselves,so on cue,1,2,3!Haha!Anyway I think if I started a thread with the aim of getting it sticky,ill be banned from jf forever!So respect to you Iconoclastes,me am still learning the ropes.So clap for youself!Ha!Tim Choice seems your weekend starts early,but all the same have a great weekend too!On a serious note you guys are real patriots,you are rep'n Kenya big in here.I salute you both!

Please guys,don't clap for yourselfs for the last part.Just keep doing you and keep up with the patriotism too and God bless you all.The clapping was getting very weird anyways,I had to put my phone down alot,I don't like cheating so I was clapping for real,hope I wasn't alone on that,.......hey,Wait a minute!Was I the only one clapping for real,was I?C'mon guys!!!Hahaha!

Last edited:
Please guys,don't clap for yourselfs for the last part.Just keep doing you and keep up with the patriotism too and God bless you all.The clapping was getting very weird anyways,I had to put my phone down alot,I don't like cheating so I was clapping for real,hope I wasn't alone on that,.......hey,Wait a minute!Was I the only one clapping for real,was I?C'mon guys!!!Hahaha!

Of course not! Pingli !.....thanks jombaa!.......:D:)

Last edited:

Pa!..pa!..pa!...........even though I watched you morph from Hbuyosh to Iconoclastes just like an insects life cycle (egg-larvae-pupa-imago)
:p:D:D

Back
Top Bottom