Israel has no right to disparage any nation

chigwiye

JF-Expert Member
Oct 28, 2010
Thursday, 05 January 2012

Mobhare Matinyi

WITH AN EAGLE’S EYE

The recent remarks by the Israeli Defence Minister, Ehud Barak, which implied that the United Republic of Tanzania is irrelevant to Israel, deserve the strongest condemnation from everyone that respects the integrity of a nation-state. That statement was deplorable, to say the least!

It all started on December 20 when Britain, France, Germany and Portugal, currently the four European members of the United Nations Security Council, issued a joint communiqué condemning Israel’s decision to unveil the construction of 1,028 new illegal settler units in East al-Quds and the West Bank.

Upon hearing the European statement the Israeli Foreign ministry responded harshly and that response angered Barak who fired back: “We don’t accept their position on these matters, [but] they are very relevant,” openly insisting that France and Britain will protect Israel from being brought before the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The Jerusalem Post quoted Barak as saying: “I don’t think we have an interest in turning them into bitter and insulted foes.” Alright, fair enough! But here is where he fumbled in his reckless poetic argument: “Germany, France and Britain are not Tanzania, Mauritania and Tripolitania. These [European countries] are very important in the world, and we have no interest in increasing the tension.”

That is when Tanzania’s Honorary Consul to Israel, Kasbian Nuriel Chirich, sent a diplomatic note to the Israeli Foreign ministry articulating: ''On behalf of the United Republic of Tanzania I wish to express regret over the comments made by Defence Minister Ehud Barak, who, in an attempt to (emphasize) the importance of key European countries, chose to belittle Tanzania and even compare it to a country that does not exist."

Badly, Tripolitania is an ancient Libyan province.

Indeed, that statement was derogatory to Tanzania by any standards but unfortunately some people chose to side with Barak sloppily simply because they are dissatisfied with our government’s ways of handling economic affairs. Well, these are two different issues.

Since when did economic strength alone stand as a yard stick for any country’s relevance? So what about poor North Korea?

Notably, Tanzania despite being a developing country was and is still relevant in global affairs depending on what the issue is.

In fact, while Tanzania has been a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council twice in its 50-year history, Israel has never been in its 60-plus year’s history.No wonder that Professor Ali Mazrui praised our first president, Julius Nyerere, for placing Tanzania on the world map of international politics. But Israel is famous for causing troubles constantly.

When the UN Secretary General was searching for his deputy in 2007 he didn’t see an Israeli but a Tanzanian, Dr. Asha-Rose Migiro.

Responsibly, Barak should also have recalled that in 1981 when he was still killing Palestinians, the United States had to exercise its veto to stop a Tanzanian Dr Salim Ahmed Salim from becoming the UN chief after all other nations had agreed to support him. Not a single Israeli has come this close.

Additionally, Tanzania has never committed the evils that Israel does to Palestinians; instead Tanzania has liberated millions of Africans from colonialism and dictatorships.

Frankly, if we want again, for our hatred of injustice, we can rally many developing countries against Israel as we did in the past.

On another note, Israel with just six million people today, is the number one beggar in the world receiving $3 billion annually in aid from the US alone with at least $1.2 billion going into development projects, and another $750 million of the military aid remaining in Israel to boost its economy.

It is incomprehensible for a tiny begging-nation like Israel to disparage Tanzania which according to one American organization, Visual Economics, has received a mere $2.89 billion in the last 50 years as Official Development Aid, less than what Israel receives annually? Please, don’t compare the two!

According to authors John J. Mearsheimer and Stephen M. Walt in their book The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy, total US aid to Israel since World War II was well over $140 billion in 2003 while the US Congressional Research Service’s conservative estimate of total cumulative US aid to Israel amounts to $109 billion from 1949 to 2010 without any inflation adjustment.

Barak, a retired general and controversial politician, should have known better that his tiny enclave that can be wiped off the earth’s surface the moment Americans withdraw their support, has no right whatsoever to belittle any nation on earth, not even Somalia.

Israel, which some pundits call it a criminal state, no matter how powerful it thinks is, has no right to disparage any country.After all Israel is the only nation that can cease to exist in one day if Americans dump it; Tanzania won’t. With all due respect, Mr Barak, please watch your tongue and have a wonderful new year!

Mr Matinyi is a consultant based in Washington, DC

Sijui kama hii message aliipata huyu jamaa! If yes, then he must be proving himself wrong for what he said.

: “Germany, France and Britain are not Tanzania, Mauritania and Tripolitania.

Nadhani tuna tatizo la lugha aliyetukanwa hapo si Tanzania ni ujerumani,ufaransa na uingereza.Mtu akikwambia wewe si mtoto koma hivi aliyetukanwa hapo ni nani ni mtoto au wewe.Hapa mimi nikitizama tusi lilielekezwa kwa hao.Soma vizuri hiyo statement utagundua mtukanwaji ni hayo mataifa makubwa.

Sifa za kijinga kabisa kwa Tanzania.

Since when did economic strength alone stand as a yard stick for any country’s relevance? So what about poor North Korea?

Well economic strength of a given country plays a big role in determining its political and cultural sovereignty. Mr. Barak, being aware of how ludicrously poor Tanzania is, manifested by our wandering president equally ludicrous habit of beggary around the world (instead of sitting down in his office thinking hard on how to improve our economic strength), has no qualms about questioning Tanzania relevance in matters political affecting his own country. And he is right on that one.

When the UN Secretary General was searching for his deputy in 2007 he didn’t see an Israeli but a Tanzanian, Dr. Asha-Rose Migiro.

Now that's too low for a consultant (whatever that mean) based in Washington, DC.
What does it mean for a Secretary General UN to pick his deputy? It means that there are about 150 countries in the world under UN membeship and the SG could pick his deputy from any one these countries. It just happened that this time the chance went to Tanzania and that's it. To brag on this appointment as if Tanzania is uniquely special is simply not befitting of high level analysis for matters pertinent to UN.

Tanzania has never committed the evils that Israel does to Palestinians; instead Tanzania has liberated millions of Africans from colonialism and dictatorships.

The Israel-Palestinian relations are very complex historically, religiously and politically, and it is not fair to use the term "evil" when discussing these relations. You are neither an Israeli to understand how much pressure they feel living under dally barrage of surrounding terrorism from their neighbors, or a Palestinian to have a first hand experience on whether Israel is treating them harshly. Last time I checked, the West Bank is one of the thriving economies and Palestinians have the highest living standards of any Arab country save an oil rich Saudi Arabia.

Israel with just six million people today, is the number one beggar in the world receiving $3 billion annually in aid from the US alone

Just 20 percent the Israelis diaspora living in the US have the potential to contribute this much amount to their home country. The Israel Lobby is one of the powerful lobbies in the US, they can and they do, and that's okay with the US government. Even though they live in the US but they have loyalty to their homeland. So where is the Tanzanian Lobby and their loyalty to their home country?

Barak....should have known better that his tiny enclave that can be wiped off the earth’s surface the moment Americans withdraw their support

Sound like a terrorist. Why do you wish such a thing?

Mr. Barak is right to call Tanzania irrelevant at per with Tripolitania. It hurts but that's truth. The rational decision is not to puff our sensibilities or shrug our shoulders in denial. We need to go back our drawing table with the right leaders to improve our state economy and its political relevance at the international stage will be on the map again.

Zimmerman
Tanzania

No one on earth will be able to wipe out Israel. Wise folks will understand that every move Israel takes is a fulfillment of the Bible's prophecy. I am a Tanzanian, but I know definitely that my country is irrelevant to Israel.
Israel Will Be In The Land … Ezekiel 36:8-12, 37:21

Speaking to the Land God said,

"You, O mountains of Israel, will produce branches and fruit for my people Israel, for they will soon come home. I am concerned for you and will look on you with favor; you will be plowed and sown, and I will multiply the number of people upon you, even the whole house of Israel. The towns will be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. I will increase the number of men and animals upon you, and they will be fruitful and become numerous. I will settle people on you as in the past and will make you prosper more than before. Then you will know that I am the LORD. I will cause people, my people Israel, to walk upon you. They will possess you, and you will be their inheritance; you will never again deprive them of their children.
And to the people,

This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land.

Although Ezekiel wrote these words while the Israelites were in Babylon, they were not fulfilled in the nation's return from exile there. Like Isaiah before him (Isaiah 11:11) Ezekiel was speaking of the second and final return. Therefore in 1948, when Israel took its place among the nations of the world again for the first time in nearly 2000 years, students of prophecy recognized the fulfillment of the primary sign that the end of the age was upon us. Jesus said that some from the generation being born when this happened would still be alive when He returns (Matt. 24:34). Both Psalm 90:10 and Isaiah 23:15 hint that an average Biblical life span is about 70 years. Since 63 years have passed since Israel became a nation again after being absent for nearly 1900 years, students of prophecy have cause to believe that the end of the age is upon us. (Jack Kelley, January 2012)

It seems the editor of article has no knowledge of ancient history of Israel as a nation. He can be classified as idiot professional. There is unnecessary over reaction from some people on what was said by Mr Barak which is a fact although not diplomatic. People should underestimate existence of Israel which is one of most advanced technologically and defencewise. The writer has used layman knowledge to present his opinion. For benefit of readers they should understand the power of jews in this world especially in USA where more Jews than in Israel live. They control finance and technology in the world of today.

matinyi? give me a contact of this idiot i am compelled to enlighten him on this matter

Nadhani tuna tatizo la lugha aliyetukanwa hapo si Tanzania ni ujerumani,ufaransa na uingereza.Mtu akikwambia wewe si mtoto koma hivi aliyetukanwa hapo ni nani ni mtoto au wewe.Hapa mimi nikitizama tusi lilielekezwa kwa hao.Soma vizuri hiyo statement utagundua mtukanwaji ni hayo mataifa makubwa.

Ukosahihi

Am sorry for reading this article. I think your a consultancy experience has nothing to do with politics. You better switch to another field.

Kutoka kwa Matinyi, haya ni majibu ya Mjadala unaoendelea hapa kama alivyoyatuma:

Back in 1698, an anonymous author signing himself as "AB" published a collection
of letters known as The Mystery of Phanaticism, and therein said: "Twas well observed by my Lord Bacon, that a little knowledge is apt to puff up, and make men giddy, but a greater share of it will set them right, and bring them to low and humble thoughts of themselves." In line with that philosophical argument, others like Albert Einstein added this one: "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." Another American scientist said this a few years ago: A little knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge at all." Truly, if one reads these JamiiForum comments, he will not fall short of praises for these guys who uttered words of wisdom.

First of all, let me say thank you to the JF member who placed this article here since I am neither a member of JF nor a reader. I was lucky to read this after a friend of mine sent it to me. So let me respond openly.

Chigwiye, welcome to Washington; it is just a normal place like any other place you know where people work and enjoy life. I would also advise you, and Busar (or whatever Kingadvisor), to polish your reading skills. Ukenyege, send me that message and I will cordially respond to you. Here is my email: matinyi@hotmail.com.

Mdawa (and Mrdash and Tychicus all together), luckily, (sorry for being too open), I grew up in a Christian denomination that is much closer to the Jewish religion than any Christian denomination, to be frank. For example, we believe in the Jewish Torah – the so called the Books of Moses in the Bible (known in English names as Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy), and we worship on the Sabbath Day same as Jews, just to mention a few. Thus, I am aware of whatever you mean by Israeli ancient history which I am sure you know NOTHING about it than mere basic facts, and that is why you sound so confused. That history does not – I repeat it DOES NOT - give Israel any right to scorn any nation, let alone Tanzania. Israel is just one small begging nation with a lot of support from the West and it is true that their land is Holly to the three famous religions of the world, and that after that war of 1967 Jerusalem will never go back to anyone – but that DOES NOT give them any ****ing warrant to misbehave. You must be a loony to believe so. And so are the powers of the Jews in the USA – no matter how many Jews live here – they are just like you and me minus that history, blessings and the curse. Ni ulimbukeni kudhani kwamba Wayahudi ni binadamu zaidi kuliko wewe. Tena upumbavu kabisa. Fundi wangu wa heating system hapa Marekani ni Myahudi na ana njaa kama vijana wengine wa mjini popote duniani. Mitaani hapa Marekani wamejaa Wayahudi kibao wanaouza bucha tu, hawana mpango wala nini. Myahudi mmoja nilikuwa naye darasani alishindwa Hesabu za Takwimu tu akakimbia darasa. Acheni ulimbukeni wenu. Israel - yes has a great history as a nation - but don't forget also that God cursed them, not once, not twice. Please, hide your little knowledge under the bed.

Matunge, not every Israel's move is prophetic, and that includes misbehavior of individual leaders like Ehud Barak who has angered Israeli with many of his comments – for your information. Send me an email if you want to know them. Israelis as a people and a nation carry both, blessings and curse from the Almighty God and a mere prophecy does not make everything JUST; otherwise those who killed Jesus would never have been condemned by the Scriptures because they were also fulfilling the prophecy. Read your Bible carefully. Remember also: Jews never accepted Jesus, the one many believe in Him, including Muslims who regard Jesus (Nabii Issa) as their prophet and even believe in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Again, not everything said in the Bible translates into today's events, for example, Jeremiah 12:14, has nothing to do with what is happening today, but people may mistranslate the promise. Read the whole chapter and see for yourself.

Zimmerman is really a stupid person, and honestly the above quotations were made for him. Show me, where did Ehud Barak mention about Tanzania's economy? I repeat again, while economy may be very important, it is not the ONLY factor that determines the relevance of a country. I gave you one example. Additionally, UN does not have 150 member states – a very basic fact that you don't even know. The point is – there was a reason behind the appointment of a Tanzanian in that position but for a stupid person like you, I guess you can't see anything. Ile siyo nafasi ya kuuza supu mtaani na ndiyo maana nimesema Israel haina ubavu nayo. Haina hata kama hutaki! Yes, it is a fact that Tanzania has never done what Israel is doing to the Palestinian people. Very simple fact – you can't argue on this. I also urge you to learn more about the living standards of Palestinians – don't showcase your stupidity by stating something you don't even have a clue about it. And, find out more about Israeli Diaspora and their economic power in relation to what Washington has been awarding Tel Aviv annually. Otherwise, show me a proof of what you are lamenting about.

Again, I thank the gentleman who helped me to get this response published as I am not a member of JF. Don't expect me to read here again but you have my e-mail.

All the best in your folly!

Mobhare Matinyi.

Back
Top Bottom