Iran threatens to pull out of Olympics because London 2012 logo spells 'Zion'

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
Iran objects to London 2012 Olympics logo
By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated PRess
Feb 28, 12:30 pm EST

TEHRAN, Iran (AP)—Iran objects to the logo for the 2012 London Olympics, contending it is racist because it resembles the word “Zion” and warning of a possible boycott of the games.

The secretary general of Iran’s National Olympic Committee said Iran sent a letter to International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge. The letter claims the 2012 logo spells out “Zion,” a biblical term widely recognized to refer to the city of Jerusalem.

In comments carried by the official IRNA news agency Monday, secretary general Bahram Afsharzadeh said the letter urges other Muslim states to oppose the “racist logo.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...omment-8703863

let them boycot and go to hell.
Kila kitu wamekalia udini tu ooh zion,jewish..ooh

images

World

Iran Objects to 'Racist' London 2012 Olympics Logo
Britain%20Olympics%20Iran_Mace.jpg

AP

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran objects to the logo for the 2012 London Olympics, contending it is racist because it resembles the word "Zion" and warning of a possible boycott of the games.
The secretary general of Iran's National Olympic Committee said Iran sent a letter to International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge. The letter claims the 2012 logo spells out "Zion," a biblical term widely recognized to refer to the city of Jerusalem.
In comments carried by the official IRNA news agency Monday, secretary general Bahram Afsharzadeh said the letter urges other Muslim states to oppose the "racist logo."
"There is no doubt that negligence of the issue from your side may affect the presence of some countries in the games, especially Iran which abides by commitment to the values and principles," the letter said.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for Israel's destruction and questioned historical accounts of the Holocaust. Iranian athletes have refused to compete against Israelis.

The London logo shows the numbers "2012" in four jagged figures and until now has been criticized only for its design.
The IOC said it received the letter and joined London organizers in rejecting Iran's complaint.
"Our response is as follows: The London 2012 logo represents the figure 2012, nothing else," the IOC said.
The London organizers said the design was launched in 2007 after testing and consultation.
"We are surprised that this complaint has been made now," the committee said.

Hao wanasababu zao tu zingine hilo wala sio tatizo kubwa.
Wamekaa kimya siku zote hadi sasa nembo ikiwa inatumiaka katika matangazo yote with just less than 7 months to go, je ni nanai atakaye anza kuandaa tena nembo nyingine??
By the way Im proud of their creativity for 2012 looking like ZION Mountain.
Hili ndilo tatizo lao. It is shame and sad

Iran waki-boycott London Olympic dunia itapoteza nini?
Iran ina well trained athletes?..No!
Iran imekuwa ikiongoza kwa medal kwenye Olympics zilizopita?..No!.

..then who cares kama Iran hawatakuwepo?

i care...let them go to hell na makengeza yao:decision:

neno zion kwenye hiyo logo inatokea wapi, its unbelievable eeh! they just want to make headline i think everyday! let em go to hell we are not interested! kwani neno zion wao linamaanisha nini?

Hawana chochote hao, wanadhania watamwogopesha nani??
they are nothing but coward

neno zion kwenye hiyo logo inatokea wapi, its unbelievable eeh! they just want to make headline i think everyday! let em go to hell we are not interested! kwani neno zion wao linamaanisha nini?

They just don't get it Mkuu.

Yes, Iranian government is fanatically crazy, but let us not forget that Zionist is no different from the colonialist and the imperialist. I am sometimes damn-founded by statements of some African who blindly love Israel because of religious (Christian) blind-faith. This ignorance of the Zionist/Palestinian problem is shameful to have, especial to those like us who were once colonized. Kweli religion is blinding...

Disclaimer: I do not believe in god. I am however a humanitarian and a scientifically minded. As an African, I am a born again pagan - a modern Afrikan pagan, that is.

Hata logo ya Red Cross waliikataa wakaanzisha Red Cresent, but when it comes to maafa Red Cross ina save watu wote bila kujali dini. Let them go to hell na mawazo yao mafupi.

What the hell, hata kama waki-threaten to pull or even if they pull out it does change anything au haitapunguza kitu chochote kwenye Olympics

Yes, Iranian government is fanatically crazy, but let us not forget that Zionist is no different from the colonialist and the imperialist. I am sometimes damn-founded by statements of some African who blindly love Israel because of religious (Christian) blind-faith. This ignorance of the Zionist/Palestinian problem is shameful to have, especial to those like us who were once colonized. Kweli religion is blinding...

Disclaimer: I do not believe in god. I am however a humanitarian and a scientifically minded. As an African, I am a born again pagan - a modern Afrikan pagan, that is.

it seems you are like me that we do not believe in god but our differences me I believe in God and if you are so ''seems it is true you are a modern African pagan''.

Hata logo ya Red Cross waliikataa wakaanzisha Red Cresent, but when it comes to maafa Red Cross ina save watu wote bila kujali dini. Let them go to hell na mawazo yao mafupi.

.... makafiri wana mbinu nyingi sana wanapo lazimisha uache mila yako (Uislaam) na ufuate mila yao (Ukafiri) ........... mila yao ndio ustaarabu uliotukuka ! hili tumeelezwa katika QURAN, kwamba hamtakuwa radhi mpaka muone tumeacha mila yetu (Uislaam) na tumefuata mila yenu !

.... makafiri wana mbinu nyingi sana wanapo lazimisha uache mila yako (Uislaam) na ufuate mila yao (Ukafiri) ........... mila yao ndio ustaarabu uliotukuka ! hili tumeelezwa katika QURAN, kwamba hamtakuwa radhi mpaka muone tumeacha mila yetu (Uislaam) na tumefuata mila yenu !

Kumbe ni mila. Duh

Iran objects to London 2012 Olympics logo
By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated PRess
Feb 28, 12:30 pm EST

TEHRAN, Iran (AP)—Iran objects to the logo for the 2012 London Olympics, contending it is racist because it resembles the word “Zion” and warning of a possible boycott of the games.

The secretary general of Iran’s National Olympic Committee said Iran sent a letter to International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge. The letter claims the 2012 logo spells out “Zion,” a biblical term widely recognized to refer to the city of Jerusalem.

In comments carried by the official IRNA news agency Monday, secretary general Bahram Afsharzadeh said the letter urges other Muslim states to oppose the “racist logo.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...omment-8703863
Kujitowa kwa Wa IRAN Kwenye Michezo ya Olimpic London wewe kunakuuma kitu gni mpaka umeamuwa kuweka hi Threat? Acha UDINI wako na mambo ya Michezo Waache Wajitowe hao Wa IRAN wewe angalia Nchi yako Tanzania Miaka iliyopita kwenye Michezo ya Olimpic mumefanya nini cha Maana? Kama sio Utumbo Mtupu tena huo Utumbo ni wa Paka haufai hata kuliwa na Binadamu.

Back
Top Bottom