Ingekuwa Mwarabu au Mweusi ni Gaidi..

ngoshwe

JF-Expert Member
Mar 31, 2009
Taxi Driver Gunman Kills 12 In Rampage

Taxi Driver Gunman Kills 12 In Rampage Play video

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100602/video/vuk-hunt-for-gunman-after-number-confirm-37e89e1.html
Self-employed taxi driver Derrick Bird began by reportedly shooting three colleagues in the town of Whitehaven, killing two of them.

The 52 year old then drove his cab through the countryside, opening fire on other people, apparently at random.
Following a manhunt, police found his body 20 miles away in woods near the hamlet of Boot about three-and-a-half hours after the first shootings.
Officers said they had recovered two weapons, adding Bird was believed to have taken his own life.
They also said there were 30 separate crime scenes in the investigation.
Some 25 people were treated in hospital and three of them were in a critical condition.
The gunman's friend Peter Leder said Bird had told him on Tuesday night: "You won't see me again."
Mr Leder told CNN the taxi driver was known as "Birdy" to his friends and was "an outgoing, well-known guy, who everyone liked".
After the Whitehaven attacks, Bird, a divorced father of two, drove south in a Citroen Picasso along the coast.
Police said he made his way through Egremont, Gosforth and Seascale before turning inland and ending up in Boot, where he abandoned his car.
Two people are thought to have been killed in Egremont.
A woman in her 60s is believed to have been shot dead outside the home of resident Billy Boakes.
Another man is understood to have been killed on the old bridge in the town. Eyewitnesses reported seeing a victim lying in a pool of blood.
One man was reportedly shot dead in Gosforth. He was apparently in a field trimming hedges with his uncle when Bird drove past, wound down the car window and blasted him.
Two people, including 66-year-old Jane Robinson, were killed in Seascale. Ms Robinson died just yards from the home she shared with her twin sister.
Bird, from Rowrah near Frizington, was said to be friends with a fellow taxi driver he killed in Duke Street, Whitehaven, as he started his rampage at about 10.30am.
Glenda Pears, boss of L&G Taxis, said: "The lad that's been killed was friends with him. They used to stand together having a craic on the rank.
"He was friends with everybody and used to stand and joke on Duke Street."
A female taxi driver working for her had to swerve to avoid Bird's car immediately after the first shooting, she added.
She went on: "He was driving and she saw the gun. She was hysterical and had to pull over and stop. The gun was hanging out of the window. She's still shaken up.
"We are just numb at the moment. We just want to know what he's done it for."
Another Whitehaven cab driver, who did not want to be named, claimed an argument broke out between Bird and the other three men on Tuesday night at the Duke Street taxi rank.
He said: "All of the taxi drivers were friends. But I heard last night there was an argument on the taxi rank.
"I don't know what caused it, but something must have happened last night. Derrick Bird took off in his car and went home. I don't know what time of night it was."
Speaking about the shootings, Deputy Chief Constable Stuart Hyde said: "This has shocked the people of Cumbria and around the country to the core.
He went on: "Our condolences go out to families and friends of those affected by the horrific incidents that unfolded today.
"These are local people and local police who knew the people killed and injured today.
"It's been a truly exceptional and challenging incident that Cumbria Police has had to deal with today."
He added: "This has shocked the people of Cumbria and the country to the core.
"We will look into Mr Bird's history, his access to firearms and his motivation for the shootings."
Police have set up a casualty bureau line on 0845 3300 247 and appealed for anyone with information about Bird's movements over the last 24 hours to contact them.
People who are worried about friends and family can call a police helpline on 0800 0960 095.
West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven declared a major incident, while North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust urged patients not to attend its casualty departments unless it was an "absolute emergency".
Helen Owens, who works at solicitors' practice Brockbank, Cain and Hall on Duke Street, told how one of her colleagues saw the victim on the street.
"We heard a couple of gunshots and the police running about," she said. "One of our secretaries was out at the time and she saw a guy lying dead on the ground covered with a sheet - she saw his trainers sticking out.
"There's police tape across it so we can't see exactly what happened but saw a policeman running across the street."
Witness Alan Hannah has told how he fled Whitehaven after he saw the gunman leaning out of a car window.
"I was waiting at a red light and looked around the corner," he said. "I saw a man with a shotgun at the window which had been shattered.
"It looked like quite a big shotgun. I just went through the red light and got the hell out of Whitehaven."
Members of the public in the area had been asked to stay indoors until further notice while every armed police patrol in Cumbria hunted the gunman.
The Sellafield power station went into lockdown, as did many shops.
One of Bird's neighbours, who did not want to give his name, said: "I am totally shocked, numbed by it all, he's a nice guy.
"He's a quiet sort of fella. He kept himself to himself and lived alone."
Home Secretary Theresa May said the events in Cumbria were "very serious and tragic".
She said: "It's a terrible incident that has taken place in Cumbria today but I would like to pay tribute to the way in which the police and emergency services have worked very closely together to deal with this incident."
Ms May added: "I want the people of Cumbria to know that they have my support and are in my thoughts."

wanasema sio kila mwarabu/mwislam ni gaidi,lakini kwanini kila anaekamatwa kwa ugaidi ni mwarabu/mwislam,kweli nimeamini kujisaidia ajisaidie kuku,akijisaidia bata mzozo kweli misemo mingi ni misemo hai na ndio maisha tunayoyaona ulimwenguni,ukistaajabu ya musa basi utayaona ya firauni!

Nashangaa na magreat thinker wa JF sijui hawajaiona habari hii au hawajaisikia.....naona thread imepowa kabisa.........Ingekuwa alefanya ni dini nyengine hi thread sasa hivi ingefika page 100.

<H1>Cumbria shootings and gunman Derrick Bird in pictures

wary_1650219i.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...-gunman-Derrick-Bird-in-pictures.html?image=1

Derrick Bird was embroiled in a major tax investigation into an undeclared £60,000 and was facing serious financial difficulties. His fear that he may go to prison over the tax bill may have been the spark that led him to go on a killing spree in Cumbria, shooting dead 12 people before taking his own life in woodland
Picture: BBC / NEWSNIGHT

</H1>

<H1>Cumbria shootings and gunman Derrick Bird in pictures

nude_1650220i.jpg

The taxi driver had told friends the Inland Revenue was investigating him for an undeclared £60,000 in his bank account. It was claimed he had also hidden cash under his floorboards
Picture: BBC / NEWSNIGHT

Cumbria shootings and gunman Derrick Bird in pictures

whitehaven-body_1649008i.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...-gunman-Derrick-Bird-in-pictures.html?image=5Police stand next to a body following a shooting on Duke Street, Whitehaven, Cumbria

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...-gunman-Derrick-Bird-in-pictures.html?image=3

</H1>Cumbria shootings: Derrick Bird's father gave twin brother £25,000

Derrick Bird's father gave the killer's twin brother £25,000 shortly before his death more than a decade ago, his will has revealed.

Published: 2:21PM BST 04 Jun 2010

Neither the gunman nor his other brother Brian received anything, and the rest of their father's wealth passed to their mother, who is still alive.

The disclosure added weight to the theory that the taxi driver launched his massacre after a row about his inheritance with his family.
Bird's father Joe gave the money to his son David before he died in October 1998 at the age of 82.
His will required David - believed to be his twin brother's first victim - to subtract £25,000 from the amount he would inherit from his father to make up for this.
But it is not known whether David ever repaid the money
In the event, Mr Bird's entire estate, whose gross value was up to £200,000 and net value was up to £10,000, went to his widow Mary.
There has been speculation that divorced Bird, 52, had money problems and snapped after an argument with his twin brother over their elderly mother's will.
Mr Bird drew up his will in November 1987, leaving everything to his wife unless she died before him, in which case it would be split between his three sons.
A year before his death he added a codicil.
This stated: ''Having transferred money to my son David Bird absolutely, I direct that my son, the said David Bird, shall bring into hotchpotch upon the division of my residuary estate the sum of £25,000.''
This clause required David to put the £25,000 he received in advance into the pot when Mr Bird's estate was divided up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ick-Birds-father-gave-twin-brother-25000.html

Cumbria shootings: David Cameron meets survivors of Derrick Bird's rampage

David Cameron has described survivors and emergency services staff caught up in Derrick Bird's shooting rampage that left 12 dead in Cumbria as "incredibly brave".

Published: 2:30PM BST 04 Jun 2010

Link to this video

The Prime Minister and Theresa May, the Home Secretary, arrived for a private visit at West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven, where five victims are being treated for their injuries.

All five were described as being in a ''comfortable'' condition. Two others are being treated in Newcastle.

Many of Bird's 11 surviving victims suffered terrible facial injuries as the killer appeared to deliberately aim for their heads.
Mr Cameron was also meeting NHS staff who were at the front line on Wednesday when the massacre took place.
Speaking at Workington police station, he said: "Obviously, people here in west Cumbria have suffered the most appalling tragedy and it will have a huge impact on the community.
"And I wanted to come here to show (that) the Government wanted to listen, wanted to show how much it cares about what has happened here."
Later, he and Mrs May met police officers in Workington.
They were briefed by senior officers on developments in the wide-ranging investigation and met some of those who were first on the scenes of the killings on Wednesday, including ambulance workers, police officers, firefighters and mountain rescue teams.
Having met some victims of Bird, Mr Cameron was asked whether he now thought there was an urgency to tighten gun laws. Mr Cameron said: "I think the Government must look at all of the issues and of course gun issues is something that has to be looked at.
"We do have very tough gun control in this country and I think what we need to do is take the time to allow people through that phase of mourning and realising and understanding, the incredible sense of loss that people have in Cumbria, not leaping to conclusions.
"But yes, lots of questions that we will have to ask and we have to make sure that we answer those questions and do everything we can to help them through that process."
Asked what could be done to prevent another tragedy like this, he replied: "What we don't know yet is all the facts in the case. I've had a presentation from the police about what they know so far and there is more to be learned and more to be understood.
"There will be some parts of this that we will never understand. There were some random acts of killings and people who will have lost loved ones will ask why it happened to them and why so random; why it is so unfair and so cruel what's happened here.
"You will hear incredible tales of bravery. I met a woman at the hospital who lost her neighbours, incredibly brave. She wants to go home and start to rebuild her life.
"There are incredible stories of bravery here and an amazing community that has been torn by this but will eventually come through this like other communities have.
"I think we should give them the time to mourn those that they have lost and I think it is very important that the media understand that too.
"To respect the wishes of the community in terms of giving them time and the space that they need to understand what has happened to all of those that were lost.
"And then, yes, to ask all the questions that they will have.
"Inevitably, people will have questions and the Government needs to be here to listen, to show them that it cares and also to try and find the right way to answer the questions that people quite legitimately have about these dreadful events that have happened."

'We had no chance to end this sooner': Police hit back at claims they could have stopped mass murderer's killing spree

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:25 PM on 4th June 2010

Police had no chance of stopping Derrick Bird's gun rampage, they said today.
Chief Constable Craig Mackey said 10 victims were killed within an hour as Bird drove across west Cumbria.
Mr Mackey said: 'At no stage did any police officer have the chance to end this any sooner.'

article-1284050-09DC1893000005DC-150_634x476.jpg
Police claim they had no chance of stopping Derrick Bird whose shooting rampage covered a 45-mile area

Contrary to what police had previously thought, the killings started in the early hours of Wednesday.

Bird's twin brother, David, was the first victim, but was not discovered until later in the morning.
The family solicitor, Kevin Commons, was the second to be killed at his home in Frizington.
Mr Mackey said: 'The first call to police came in at 10.20am, reporting shots fired in Frizington. Armed police were deployed immediately.'
The second phase of Bird's attacks took place between 10.30am and 11.35am while he was on the run, Mr Mackey said.
Those shootings began in Whitehaven and he went on to kill 10 other people during that hour.
Enlarge

Time scale: A new map issued by the police shows how the massacre took place shootings

A call came in to police at 10.33am, reporting shots fired in Duke Street, where Darren Rewcastle was killed at the taxi rank.

Mr Mackey said that, as soon as the call came in, every armed officer - 42 in total - in the county was deployed to the area.

He said: 'Our officers were on the scene within minutes but, due to Bird's knowledge of local roads, he had fled in his vehicle and was travelling south, firing shots along his way.

article-1284050-09E46B25000005DC-927_634x286.jpg
The woods near Boot in Cumbria, where police chasing gunman Derrick Bird found his body on Wednesday

'Police and RAF rescue helicopters were drafted into the area and a massive land and air search began.
'Crucially, in this period Bird was firing shots out of his vehicle, moving from place to place, and was not in any one area for a significant length of time.'
'While this was a terrifying and horrific incident it is by its nature very unusual, both locally, regionally and nationally' he added.
'Cumbria prides itself on being a safe place to work, play and to enjoy life. It's a tightly knit community covering some of the most beautiful countryside in the land.'
article-1283857-09DF0927000005DC-891_148x203.jpg

article-1283960-09E28C59000005DC-843_148x203.jpg

article-1283857-09DF5068000005DC-857_148x203.jpg

article-1283857-09DF650A000005DC-847_148x203.jpg

article-1283857-09DEEEB9000005DC-462_148x203.jpg

article-1283857-09DF3129000005DC-190_148x203.jpg

article-1283857-09E043A8000005DC-458_148x203.jpg

article-1283857-09DF311B000005DC-7_148x203.jpg

Victims: (top row, l to r) Jane Robinson, 66, Kenneth Fishburn , Isaac Dixon, 65, and Michael Pike, 64. Bottom row (l to r) Garry Purdham, 31, Susan Hughes, 57, David Bird, 52, and Darren Rewcastle

Read more: CUMBRIA SHOOTINGS: Derrick Bird could not have been stopped sooner, say police | Mail Online

Nashangaa na magreat thinker wa JF sijui hawajaiona habari hii au hawajaisikia.....naona thread imepowa kabisa.........Ingekuwa alefanya ni dini nyengine hi thread sasa hivi ingefika page 100.

Yaani wewe ukiona mzungu tu basi ni mKristo? Kwa taarifa yako, haswa katika taifa hili la Uingereza, wazungu ni kati ya watu wasiokuwa na imani na Mungu.

Mada inazungumzia iwapo angekuwa Mweusi au Mwarabu. Acha udini

Back
Top Bottom