Include Africa

KiuyaJibu

JF-Expert Member
Aug 29, 2007
To:kiuyajibu@sms.ac
Date: Thursday, 15 January, 2009, 1:34 PM

Dear friend,

Thank you. Your name has been added to the petition and your comments will be delivered to Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

You can amplify your impact by spreading the word to your friends and family and encouraging them to join you in signing the petition. You can just forward the sample letter below.

Spreading the word is critical, but please only pass this message along to those who know you -- spam hurts our campaign.

-- The ONE Team

Sample message to send to your friends:

Subject: Including Africa

Hi,

I just signed a petition asking Prime Minister Gordon Brown to include a representative from the African Union at the G20 - a group of leaders of the world's twenty largest economies - summit in the UK this spring. This will be a key summit for shaping the road the world takes out of the financial crisis, and it's crucial that the world's poorest people be a part of that process.

I hope that you'll join me in taking action here: Include Africa

This is an exceptional opportunity to get a seat at the table for developing nations. If they play a role in remaking the world's financial systems, it's significantly more likely that they will be able to reap the rewards of those systems. That's a big step in helping people work their way out of poverty.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom