Does the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2003 apply to hospital?

mbasajohn

JF-Expert Member
Mar 14, 2009
please am making research on the occupational health and safety Act 2003 but am having trouble on understanding interpretation of work place. While i understood it to include hospitals one of my friend does not think so.
So any one wth experience with OSHA help me to resolve this issue

it does. the ohs act 2003 defines workplace as anywhere a person spends time to earn money. so hospitals, schools, shops u name it fall under this act. the important note is this legislation is concerned withe the service providers more than the servicereceivers. so in a hospital,the work environment shld ensure that the nurses, drs, cleaners and all the employees ar well protected from anything that can affect their general health and safety. this will be known from the risk assessment (sec 60) that is conducted specifically for @ hospital.issue of the safety and health of patients etc is looked at lightly since they spend less time @ the hosp ukilinganisha na wafanyakazi.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMT
it does. the ohs act 2003 defines workplace as anywhere a person spends time to earn money. so hospitals, schools, shops u name it fall under this act. the important note is this legislation is concerned withe the service providers more than the servicereceivers. so in a hospital,the work environment shld ensure that the nurses, drs, cleaners and all the employees ar well protected from anything that can affect their general health and safety. this will be known from the risk assessment (sec 60) that is conducted spe
thanks broda, i want to research on an apraisal oe the law and practice in relatim to osha. So what area should i cmcetrate my research to cme up with a good research

to come up with a good research u first need to try and analyse the gap. depending on ur interest and field of experience, sijui kama unataka research kwa ajili ya nini. inaweza kuwa kwa ajili ya masomo, ama kwa ajili ya kutafuta mshiko (funds) wakaiti unasaidia kutatua matatizo lukuki ya watanzania. kwa kuanzia fanya literature review, pitia machapisho kadhaa ya ohs, halafu uongee na watu wachache labda hospitali uone mambo yanavyofanyika vis a viz what is already known. ila sasa area of concentration for research will all depend on how much fund u wanna invest in it. do u have a potential donor? jaribu ku-google OSHA, ni ya marekani ila wana info kiasi.

nafanya research kwa ajili ya masomo so kama unavyojua kbongobongo tu hakuna pesa wala nn?