Barua ya Obama kwa Viongozi wa Afrika Mashariki

Shadow

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2008
Accountablity is the theme of his letter.

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your support during my campaign and the kind words of encouragement and counsel in the last few weeks.

Kenya is the home of my father and I am not averse to being called a Kenyan- American and by extension an East African-American, it is with this background that I write to you gentlemen.

Gentlemen, we stand on the cusp of history.

Our region is a much more peaceful place than it was 20, 10 or even five years ago, but unrepaired hearts continue to simmer under the surface.
This has allowed the region to begin to harness the minds of its sons and daughters to drive progress and yet poverty continues to dog our every step. We are only just beginning to appreciate the true potential under our soils but our efforts to exploit these may be scuttled by greedy bureaucrats and corrupt businessmen.

Gentlemen, we need to reassess our ambitions and reposition our legacy.
I write to you in salute of your efforts at East African Cooperation and also to lend my hand in furthering this cause that will bring us together as brothers and do away with the artificial boundaries that have no basis in culture or logic.

Beyond sentimentality, the reestablishment of the East African Community is our best hope of maintaining our relevance in a world that is moving and changing fast, leaving the weak nations behind and enriching the people of organised, determined and focused nations.

We need to inject a sense of urgency into forging our people together as one common market with no barriers to the movement of labour, capital or ownership of property and land.

I have at least four years, at most eight, in office, I have inherited an economy on its knees and a country groping to regain its preeminence in world affairs, but even with these limitations America can still do good for East Africa.

American capital can help extend your infrastructure – road, railway, power and communication networks, the key ingredients necessary to meld a people into one, to set the engines of commerce in motion and bring wealth and prosperity to our people.

American science and technology can help in boosting your agriculture, improving the health of our people and widening the scope of your education system, because after all what is a nation without its people.

Given an unfettered market the size of which you aspire to, American entrepreneurship can fire up your manufacturing sector and power up your service industries creating hundreds, thousands even hundreds of thousands of jobs for our people.

Gentlemen the lifting up of our people out of the desperation of poverty and ignorance should be our ultimate goal. That is what will ensure that our legacy will endure beyond our children and our children’s children.

But gentlemen this dream can only come about through clean and accountable government.

Without clean governments the costs of doing business will rise and make East Africa unattractive for commerce and trade.

Whereas America, through its various agencies may send money to your countries, it is harnessing the power of corporate America that will have a more lasting and sustainable impact on our people.

The curve of history has not been kind to our region. We have suffered brutal dictators, kleptocratic despots and genocidal generals but we are still here.
That should count for something.

Gentlemen it is your duty, in fact your obligation to turn things around to clean your houses of corruption, nurture and oversee efficient governments that can deliver the services that will see our people to the promised land.

America and I, can help you in this historic mission but I need you to help me to hel you.

God Bless America. God Bless East Africa.

Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
CC President Mwai Kibaki
CCPresident Yoweri Kaguta Museveni
CC President Jakaya Kikwete
CC President Paul Kagame
New Vision Online : Obama’s letter to East African leaders

Raha ya New Vision..ni innovative..I am inspired by these good ideas!

Doctator aliyebaki EA ni M7..Kenya, Tz, Rwanda na Burundi tunaendelea taratibu!

Hope na M7 has read alama za nyakati na ataondoka karibuni!

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your support during my campaign and the kind words of encouragement and counsel in the last few weeks.

New Vision Online : Obama’s letter to East African leaders

Ha ha ha ha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Da binadamu wataalamu wa kuchonga kweli kweli!

Aliyeiandika utadhani kama vile BO ni kiongozi wa afrika ya mashariki. Amejaribu kuumuumbia yale yanayoitatiza EA, ukianzia ardhi ya TZ inayomezewa, M7 anaeonekana dikteta, mauwaji ya kimbari ya Rwd, chaguzi zisizokuwa za haki ktk kote, pamoja na rushwa iliyoota matende. By the way, aliyeichonga atakuwa ameweza kuwafikishia ujumbe!

Cousin yake Obama unadhani amelala? Hayo ndiyo maneno ya Obama siku zote? Pia mabalozi walioko huku

Mtanzania,
Mkuu, nilijua kuwa hii ni kamba ndio maana nikauliza hivyo, kwa manufaa ya wasomaji wengine!..

hii ni uongo ameunga raia wa kenya tu, anataka kuendeleza hamasa ya eac, obama anao huo muda kwani? obama anaweza kuandika barua au atembelee kabisa..mimi siamini kama hii kweli ni barua ya obama. wizi mtupu.

yaani ninyi mnakaamini haka kakampuni ka uganda, kametunga tu haya maneno yote, kanataka kupiga kampeni za eac tu, obama hajaongea. kakampuni kapo hapo uganda tu ndo tukaamini hasa kwa jambo kama hili? wizi mtupu. kwanza sisi wabongo hatumhitaji obama, tunajiamini sisi wenyewe kufanya maendeleo kwa nguvu zetu. obama yuko kwa maslahi ya wamarekani sio wabongo. hebu tuondoe fikra za kikkenya kufikiri kuwa kwasababu obama ni rais basi wao wamekuwa matajiri tayari..kwikwikwiiii

Jamani haya ni maoni toka New Vision..gazeti Uganda! Angalieni original post..wapi imesema ni Obama???

Nini hapa hakieleweki????

Read careful before you argue!

...We need to inject a sense of urgency into forging our people together as one common market with no barriers to the movement of labour, capital or ownership of property and land.

They nearly caught me...phew!!! English yao ni ya UK and not US; Naona mambo ya property na land yatatuua very soon, wanaweza wakaanza hata vita ili wapate vipande tusipoangali

Hii barua ni kama ile "Barua ya Mwalimu Nyerere kwa Kikwete" when we all know Nyerere has passed.

Na hata hivyo, I do not think mambo ya Kenya or even EAC yamo katika peripheral ya Obama katika wakati huu, yeye ana more pressing issues to do with the American economy, World economy, Middle east, Anti Terror, na mengineo mengi.

Kama mwenzetu mmoja hapo juu alivyosema, harakati zetu ziwe on how we can help ourselves.

Good joke though!!! :))

kwa jinsi tulivyo naomba tusisaidiwe chochote mpaka tujiweke safi. kwenye utendaji na kupambana na mafisadi.

Back
Top Bottom