Anadarko touts East Africa natural gas prospects Shares surge on news.Kusini kutashikika!

Mdondoaji

JF-Expert Member
Mar 17, 2009
By Steve Gelsi, MarketWatch
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — Anadarko Petroleum Corp. on Monday doubled its reserve estimate for natural gas fields off the coast of East Africa and said it’s moving toward an investment decision on a proposed liquefied natural gas operation in the region.
Anadarko APC +0.38% said it could recover up to 30 trillion cubic feet from waters near Tanzania and the island nation of Madagascar — an area that the company hailed as possibly “one of the most important natural gas fields discovered in the last 10 years.”

MW-AO115_mozamb_20111128102547_ME.jpg

Nearly 4 trillion cubic feet were in storage in the United States as of last week, according to the Energy Information Administration. The U.S. consumes about 2 trillion cubic feet of natural gas per month

Shares of Anadarko jumped 5.5% as energy stocks rallied amid a 291-point jump in the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA +2.59% . Read the latest news on stocks in the energy sector.
Anadarko said the latest in a series of exploration wells, the Barquentine-3, encountered more than 600 feet of natural gas pay and helped it lift its reserve estimate for the area.
In discussing its findings, the company also presented a conceptual design for an LNG processing facility envisioned for the region, with a preliminary design by KBR Inc. KBR +5.40% .
Analysts at Canaccord Genuity Energy Research reacted to the news by reiterated their buy rating and $103 price target for Anadarko.
The announcement amounts to a positive for the company since it suggests a bigger resource, even as analysts said exports from Mozambique won’t likely start until 2018, beyond its usual five-year horizon for profit estimates.
“This announcement has no impact in our model though reinforces our view that Anadarko’s deepwater exploration portfolio and execution is world-class,” Canaccord Genuity said.
The Barquentine discovery comes after Anadarko announced in 2010 two of the largest deepwater discoveries in the world at its Windjammer and Lagosta wells in Mozambique.
All told, Anadarko holds stakes in 13 million gross acres in Mozambique and Kenya in East Africa.
Anadarko is the operator of the fields in Mozambique, with an ownership stake of 36.5%.
The remainder is divided by ENH Hydrocarbonetos de Mozambique, Mitsui & Co. Ltd. JP:8031 +1.16% , Videocon, Bharat Petro Resources, and Cove Energy PLC.
Anadarko’s update on Mozambique comes less than a month after the company announced a find of up to 1.5 billion barrels of oil in the Wattenberg shale in northeast Colorado. See: Anadarko’s strike in the Rocky Mountains

hatutafaidi kitu chochote believe me and we will never feel anything.
ok look ... mara ngapi dhahabu/ gold zina hit worlid record price kwenye masoko ya dunia lakini sisi hatufeel kitu?
jibu ni kuwa viongozi wetu ni mataahira

Kwanini tusifaidike Saint wangu. Isitoshe reserve hiyo moja proves what I had been saying for a long time kuwa kuna reserve kubwa ya gas Tanzania. I am waiting for the total seismic reading on Tanzania natural gas reserve and oil.

Ninapopata shida ni katika suala la usalama wa kusini maana kuna mawili ama tutatiwa fitina na marekani na wenzie ili tusielewane na ndugu zetu wa msumbiji ambao tulikuwa na undugu nao muda mrefu. Au tunaweza kuendeleza urafiki wetu na ndugu zetu wa msumbiji tukawa tunadumu.

hatutafaidi kitu chochote believe me and we will never feel anything.
ok look ... mara ngapi dhahabu/ gold zina hit worlid record price kwenye masoko ya dunia lakini sisi hatufeel kitu?
jibu ni kuwa viongozi wetu ni mataahira

Hii huwezi ifaidi kwa sababu haipo Tanzania, soma vizuri. Wewe utaifaidi ya Tanzania.

Kwanini tusifaidike Saint wangu. Isitoshe reserve hiyo moja proves what I had been saying for a long time kuwa kuna reserve kubwa ya gas Tanzania. I am waiting for the total seismic reading on Tanzania natural gas reserve and oil.

Ninapopata shida ni katika suala la usalama wa kusini maana kuna mawili ama tutatiwa fitina na marekani na wenzie ili tusielewane na ndugu zetu wa msumbiji ambao tulikuwa na undugu nao muda mrefu. Au tunaweza kuendeleza urafiki wetu na ndugu zetu wa msumbiji tukawa tunadumu.

Tanzania mbona gas na oil ni nyingi, gas tumeshaanza kuchimba na inatumika na sasa hivi kila Mwakawago tutaona ongezeko la uchimbaji. Oil, tayari kinagojewa ni right spots za kuanza kukamuwa. Lakini kufaidika haswa haswa kutachukuwa muda sana 15 to 30 years, within 5 years tutaanza kuona changes lakini si kufaidika ki hivyo.

Tanzania mbona gas na oil ni nyingi, gas tumeshaanza kuchimba na inatumika na sasa hivi kila Mwakawago tutaona ongezeko la uchimbaji. Oil, tayari kinagojewa ni right spots za kuanza kukamuwa. Lakini kufaidika haswa haswa kutachukuwa muda sana 15 to 30 years, within 5 years tutaanza kuona changes lakini si kufaidika ki hivyo.

Nafahamu Tanzania ina gas na oil nyingi. Ila unaponiambia kuwa tusubiri miaka 15 hadi 30 ndio tufaidike nakupinga Faiza. Hadi miaka hiyo ifike magamba mtakuwa tayari mabilionea wa kutupwa muda huo ni mrefu sana. Tunatakiwa tuanze kufaidia na hivyo vitu sasa hivi na sio hadi miaka 30 are you kidding me!!!!.

Serikali inatakiwa kuwa makini na hili ama sivyo oil will be a curse to Tanzania and not a blessing.

Does the Gas belong to Tanzania or Mozambique?

From the map it looks like it is in Mozambique waters. The article just said near Tanzania it does not say in Tanzania.

We have gas but we don't have commercially viable oil yet so "Oil siyo nyingi" stop making stuff up.

Does the Gas belong to Tanzania or Mozambique?

From the map it looks like it is in Mozambique waters. The article just said near Tanzania it does not say in Tanzania.

We have gas but we don't have commercially viable oil yet so "Oil siyo nyingi" stop making stuff up.

Gas belongs to Mozambique, Tanzania and Madagascar since it is in the international water. However gas discoveries of that amount have already been discovered at Songo songo, Mnazi bay, Rufiji Basin and off shore coast of Tanzania. I am not making the stuff up read careful otherwise shut your mouth.

Oil drilling is starting next month at Rufiji delta and Ruvuma river basin in search for hot spot.

Kusini kutashikika tu tena hata sharubu zake zitashikwa........dhahabu,diamonds, zimechimbwa sana tz; je kuna mabadiliko yoyote kuko vinakochimbwa? Hata Gabon, Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea wanachimba mafuta wana nafuu gani kuliko sisi tusio chimba hayo mafuta?

Kupata mafuta/gas ni kitu kimoja na kupata maendeleo kutokana na hizo resources ni kitu kingine. FF yuko sahihi kuwa itachukua miaka may be 30 au zaidi kuona impact ya hayo mafuta na gas tz au hata kizazi chetu kisione kabisa manufaa yake watakuja faidi vitukuu vyetu kama watakuwa na akili.

Gas belongs to Mozambique, Tanzania and Madagascar since it is in the international water. However gas discoveries of that amount have already been discovered at Songo songo, Mnazi bay, Rufiji Basin and off shore coast of Tanzania. I am not making the stuff up read careful otherwise shut your mouth.

Oil drilling is starting next month at Rufiji delta and Ruvuma river basin in search for hot spot.

You said "Oil nyingi". That is nonsense. everyone knows about the gas at Songo songo and Mnazi bay, etc.

What i am disputing is your stupid claim that we have a lot of oil when no commercially via oil has been discovered. So yes you made that up idiot.

By the way pea brain the gas will belong to Mozambique unless it overlaps with Tanzania's "Exclusive economic Zone".

You are not very smart are you?

You said "Oil nyingi". That is nonsense. everyone knows about the gas at Songo songo and Mnazi bay, etc.

What i am disputing is your stupid claim that we have a lot of oil when no commercially via oil has been discovered. So yes you made that up idiot.

Again you are revealing your stupidity. What makes your think were there is gas there is no oil???? Okay let us say you are absolutely correct why do you think Shell and Total (who are known globally as large scale oil producers) are bidding for plots at Lake Tanganyika and Lake Rukwa. Anyway I have my data to prove that but I still stand by that Tanzania ina gas na oil nyingi. Time will tell

Again you are revealing your stupidity. What makes your think were there is gas there is no oil???? Okay let us say you are absolutely correct why do you think Shell and Total (who are known globally as large scale oil producers) are bidding for plots at Lake Tanganyika and Lake Rukwa. Anyway I have my data to prove that but I still stand by that Tanzania ina gas na oil nyingi. Time will tell

COMMERCIALLY VIABLE OIL HAS NOT BEEN DISCOVERED IN TZ YET.

Your statement was that there is a lot of oil in Tanzania. Your statement was present tense not future. Do you understand the difference or do i have to give you an English lesson to?

... so it remains speculation, unless you publish your data.

kaka hii comment yako inajidhihirisha leo baada ya 9yrs mauaji yanayoendelea mozambiq coz ya mafuta na gesi ni htr kundi la kuitwa Alshababy jmn watu wanakufa wanajeshi wanachinjwa uliona mbali sana mmarekani sio wa kawaida mafuta na gas inaacha vilio kwa wa Mozambiq now
Duh hata mimi sitaki wagundue mafuta wala gesi maanani mauaji tu tunakaribisha..tena USA???

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

uko sawa mkuu Gas na oil ipo Palma mozambiq ni mpkani ukitoka hapo palma unaingia mtwara ni project kubwa sana tena sana kunajengwa mno ila fitina zishaingia watu wanakufa kama kuku kwa kundi linajiita Alshababy wanachinja wanatembeza risasi kiujumla wenyeji wanalia hawaoni manufaa ya huu mradi mana ni kila kona harufu ya damu tupu
By the way pea brain the gas will belong to Mozambique unless it overlaps with Tanzania's "Exclusive economic Zone".

You are not very smart are you?

mkuu hii gas na oil ishaanza kufanyiwa proccess za kutoka hapo Mozambiq ambapo ni mpakani mwa Tz ila jmn damu inamwagika jmn kuna mkuu aliaweka comment yake kwamba bora hiyo ges isipatikane Tz mana mmarekani hachelewi llte linaeza kutokea na kweli leo hii Mozambique ni vilio hii project ni kubwa mno ila kwa kwenyeji wanaona bora wangeachiwa umasikini wao kuliko pesa wanayopata sasa ikiwa na harufu ya damu Alshaby wanaua watu jmn wanachinja kama wanyama wanajeshi walienda kulinda amani lkn wameshindwa Alshababy unaambiwa wamejipanga wanavifaa sio mchezo wanaua wanajeshi huezi amini jmn huo mkoa wa cabo delgado unanuka damu na kazi ndo kwanza imeanza ina 3yrs toka ianze rasmi na hpo ni ujenzi tu gesi haijaanza kutoka bado wanakwambia 10 yrs ni construction tu !!!
... so it remains speculation, unless you publish your data.

Back
Top Bottom