African Review : Few Tanzanians know the EAC and what it stands for: study

Delta4

May 24, 2012
Africa Review*- Few know the EAC and what it stands for: study

And I quote:
"Even in Arusha, some business people do not seem to be aware of the business potential in neighbouring countries, especially EAC member countries," he told an audience at the Arusha City Complex hall. Other speakers echoed his sentiments, wondering why the Arusha region authorities appeared indifferent to the presence of the EAC secretariat in the town.

Critical issues

Dr Firmin Nguma, a retired public servant, accused the Arusha region, district and municipal officers of distancing themselves from regional affairs. "It's unfortunate that some people here do not want to get involved in EAC matters," he said. "As a result, Tanzania has always been left behind in negotiations on critical issues on regional integration."

Please read on..

Kiongozi, as far as I know, a lot of Tanzanians DO NOT want to know the EAC and what it stand for.

Kiongozi, as far as I know, a lot of Tanzanians DO NOT want to know the EAC and what it stand for.

Mkuu, I must have missed the referendum that established a Tanzania Consensus of a rejection of the EAC.

But looking at the Trade Patterns, FDR, Finance & Service migration, Blue Chip company ownership composition in Tanzania for the last ten years alone, it is difficult to credit your statement, bruda.

It always astounds me greatly that a Kenyan is perceived and treated to be more ''foreigner'' in Tanzania than a White Boer from South Africa are perceived and treated!! Never quite understood this at all!!

Mkuu, I must have missed the referendum that established a Tanzania Consensus of a rejection of the EAC.

But looking at the Trade Patterns, FDR, Finance & Service migration, Blue Chip company ownership composition in Tanzania for the last ten years alone, it is difficult to credit your statement, bruda.

It always astounds me greatly that a Kenyan is perceived and treated to be more ''foreigner'' in Tanzania than a White Boer from South Africa are perceived and treated!! Never quite understood this at all!!

referendum - Survey.

Kwenye red: South Africa & Tanzania wamo kwenye SADC. Utaratibu unaotumika kufanya trade na hao "whites wa SA" japo sio perfect is slightly different na huu wa Kenya. Ndani ya SADC hakuna kelele za ardhi ya pamoja or talks of fast tracking whatever. I believe EAC will do a lot better if we listen to one another and implement things gradually vs fast track.

I know this thing of TZ trading with whites SA ni issue Kenya but as many guys will tell you, all women are the same from waist down, but still a man will spend time and money chasing one woman over the other. Kila shetani na mbuyu wake!

This is not asurprise to me. If we need people of Tanzania to take EAC in their hearts, weneed to run awareness campaigns in schools, higher learning institutions andoffices, markets etc. Remember nothing substantial was done by the Governmentof Tanzania to sensitize people before joining EAC, Therefore we started with awrong gear.. We are not late!

This is not asurprise to me. If we need people of Tanzania to take EAC in their hearts, weneed to run awareness campaigns in schools, higher learning institutions andoffices, markets etc. Remember nothing substantial was done by the Governmentof Tanzania to sensitize people before joining EAC, Therefore we started with awrong gear.. We are not late!

They are aware, but they dont like a number of things at least for now. Remember we have been there before.

Back
Top Bottom