Advice how the Republic of Tanzania can terminate all exploitative contracts

maskin

Oct 27, 2010
I will like to advice my Government how as state we can fight back on those called exploitative contracts signed by Government Official ,please this is just advice my Government and if anybody got more idea we can share it ,i believe we have lawyers in this forum who can came with more clever idea too
government should investigate the individual who did entered the contract on behalf of Government agents (ie government official )this no matter what position they were or they are as they were employed by state and working and enters contract on its behalf, Now How to
INVESTIGATION
Government for public interest can contact all individuals involved on all suspected contracts if it is finding hard to get evidence ,government can sign agreement with suspects and let them cooperate with government and give evidence against all multinational who did offer bribe by giving this evidence suspect will not be prosecuted for public interest
once this evidence given i believe government will have upper hand and cancel all contract or claim civil remedies
CIVIL REMEDIES
When bribery infects a contract
The English civil law remedies arising from a contract that is subsequently infected by bribery were recently the subject of consideration in the case of Tigris International NV v China Southern Airlines Company Ltd & Anor [2014] EWCA Civ 1649 (17 December 2014) [paragraphs 128-145]. Although, the case did not involve allegations of bribery, the alleged breaches of fiduciary duty involve the same principles.
It’s reasonably well established that where a party’s agent is bribed by a counterparty to enter a contractual transaction, the bribe victim party may, on discovering those facts, rescind the contract from the outset provided: (1) benefits taken and received and the positions of directly and indirectly affected parties can be fairly restored and (2) there is no delay in exercising that right. Where restoration is impossible or there has been delay, the victim party may terminate the contract and pursue alternative remedies for either recovering the bribe monies or claiming damages for actual losses sustained from having entered the infected transaction.
Less clear are the remedies arising from a contract where the bribery arises subsequent to inception of the contract. The most common scenario, indeed one which arose in one of the leading cases, involves a counterparty bribing a party’s agent to award a sub-contract. Plainly, the infected sub-contract can be rescinded in accordance with the principles above but uncertainty surrounded whether the main contract itself could be rescinded or terminated by reason of repudiation. Having considered contradictory and conflicting decisions, the court summarized the position as follows:
“If, after the contract has been entered into, the agent is bribed in the course of its performance, the principal may bring it to an end as from the moment of discovery i.e. for the future. The same applies if the bribery was effected at the time of the contract but for some reason (delay, impossibility of counter restitution, rights of bona fide third parties etc.) rescission ab initio is impossible… At law bribery whether at or after contract, amounts to a repudiatory breach by the bribing party which, on discovery, his counterparty may accept as bringing the contract to an end. Whether that is because bribery is a stand-alone ground for termination, or the obligation to restrain from it an incident or an implied term of every contract is debatable and, for present purposes, does not matter.”
As was pointed out in the Tigris case, different results arise from termination for rescission and that of repudiatory breach. In the latter case, the parties may already have accrued enforceable rights prior to termination, whereas in the former, the slate is wiped clean. Tigris unsuccessfully sought to establish rescission in order to recover contractual deposits and avoid the consequences of its own breaches prior to repudiation.
The decision is persuasive authority for the proposition that where a bribe victim party discovers that a contract has been subsequently infected by bribery, rescission is less likely to be granted than termination for repudiatory breach. In the case of a contract formed and tainted by reason of bribery, and where restoration is achievable, the victim may rescind and effect a straightforward recovery of deposits or contractual payments.
In certain situations it may be vital to ensure that a party’s right to rescind is not lost through a combination of performance, deliberation and delay, all of which can make restoration problematical. For a bribing party (through itself and associated persons) the rescission or repudiation of a contract for bribery probably provides a longstop from the point of view of commencing investigations and if necessary, self-reporting to the relevant authorities. i hope our government official will see this thread and may choose to act on it
thank you guys

Your opinions are justified,congratulations for providing good ideas but I guess there is something more than what you have suggested,and I think is not easy to end it just simple like that

Your opinions are justified,congratulations for providing good ideas but I guess there is something more than what you have suggested,and I think is not easy to end it just simple like that[/QUOTE

"there is something more than what you suggested "please open my mind up tell us "what is that something more" why isnot possible am are here to get knowlege too,am happy to hear from you

thanks a lot for this commendable spirit of wishing to unlock our country from " ill contracts ";we need more opinions of this nature not only on contract issue but also on economic matter which will make our country donor country

I will like to advice my Government how as state we can fight back on those called exploitative contracts signed by Government Official ,please this is just advice my Government and if anybody got more idea we can share it ,i believe we have lawyers in this forum who can came with more clever idea too
government should investigate the individual who did entered the contract on behalf of Government agents (ie government official )this no matter what position they were or they are as they were employed by state and working and enters contract on its behalf, Now How to
INVESTIGATION
Government for public interest can contact all individuals involved on all suspected contracts if it is finding hard to get evidence ,government can sign agreement with suspects and let them cooperate with government and give evidence against all multinational who did offer bribe by giving this evidence suspect will not be prosecuted for public interest
once this evidence given i believe government will have upper hand and cancel all contract or claim civil remedies
CIVIL REMEDIES
The English civil law remedies arising from a contract that is subsequently infected by bribery were recently the subject of consideration in the case of Tigris International NV v China Southern Airlines Company Ltd & Anor [2014] EWCA Civ 1649 (17 December 2014) [paragraphs 128-145]. Although, the case did not involve allegations of bribery, the alleged breaches of fiduciary duty involve the same principles.
It’s reasonably well established that where a party’s agent is bribed by a counterparty to enter a contractual transaction, the bribe victim party may, on discovering those facts, rescind the contract from the outset provided: (1) benefits taken and received and the positions of directly and indirectly affected parties can be fairly restored and (2) there is no delay in exercising that right. Where restoration is impossible or there has been delay, the victim party may terminate the contract and pursue alternative remedies for either recovering the bribe monies or claiming damages for actual losses sustained from having entered the infected transaction.
Less clear are the remedies arising from a contract where the bribery arises subsequent to inception of the contract. The most common scenario, indeed one which arose in one of the leading cases, involves a counterparty bribing a party’s agent to award a sub-contract. Plainly, the infected sub-contract can be rescinded in accordance with the principles above but uncertainty surrounded whether the main contract itself could be rescinded or terminated by reason of repudiation. Having considered contradictory and conflicting decisions, the court summarized the position as follows:
“If, after the contract has been entered into, the agent is bribed in the course of its performance, the principal may bring it to an end as from the moment of discovery i.e. for the future. The same applies if the bribery was effected at the time of the contract but for some reason (delay, impossibility of counter restitution, rights of bona fide third parties etc.) rescission ab initio is impossible… At law bribery whether at or after contract, amounts to a repudiatory breach by the bribing party which, on discovery, his counterparty may accept as bringing the contract to an end. Whether that is because bribery is a stand-alone ground for termination, or the obligation to restrain from it an incident or an implied term of every contract is debatable and, for present purposes, does not matter.”
As was pointed out in the Tigris case, different results arise from termination for rescission and that of repudiatory breach. In the latter case, the parties may already have accrued enforceable rights prior to termination, whereas in the former, the slate is wiped clean. Tigris unsuccessfully sought to establish rescission in order to recover contractual deposits and avoid the consequences of its own breaches prior to repudiation.
The decision is persuasive authority for the proposition that where a bribe victim party discovers that a contract has been subsequently infected by bribery, rescission is less likely to be granted than termination for repudiatory breach. In the case of a contract formed and tainted by reason of bribery, and where restoration is achievable, the victim may rescind and effect a straightforward recovery of deposits or contractual payments.
In certain situations it may be vital to ensure that a party’s right to rescind is not lost through a combination of performance, deliberation and delay, all of which can make restoration problematical. For a bribing party (through itself and associated persons) the rescission or repudiation of a contract for bribery probably provides a longstop from the point of view of commencing investigations and if necessary, self-reporting to the relevant authorities. i hope our government official will see this thread and may choose to act on it
thank you guys
Good opinions but kwa nini hukujaribu kuituma hii Downing street kule London wakaisome diaspora wetu ndio wachangie. Lakini hivi ilivyo sijui ....

Good opinions but kwa nini hukujaribu kuituma hina Downing street kule London wakaisome diaspora wetu ndio wachangie. Lakini hivi ilivyo sijui ....
Ningependa kufanya hivyo bro hebu nishauri unafanyaje ? Kuituma huko downing street ! Ila hii mada inawahusu wa tz wote tu , haina ubaguzi ni mada ya wachangiaji wote kama ulivyofanya tunashukuru kwa kuchangia kwako

Ushauri, mtoa mada iweke/tafsiri uiweke Kiswahili ndio uunawakaribishe BAVICHA, UVCC, UKAWA na mahasimu wao kuchangia muswada.

Ushauri, mtoa mada iweke/tafsiri uiweke Kiswahili ndio uunawakaribishe BAVICHA, UVCC, UKAWA na mahasimu wao kuchangia muswada.
nimekupata sana bro nilitegemea wahusika ambao ni intellectual hata wakienda huko kwenye icc international court of arbitration ni kimombo sio kiswahili na bro hata ukitafsiri pia kiswahili tunajua kuzungumza tu ukifikiria technical words nyingi hatuziongea sana imagine mtu andike somo la sheria au uhasibu au kompyuta sayansi kwa kiswahili unaweza usielewe kihivyo bro.kiswahili nacho kigumuuu bro

nimekupata sana bro nilitegemea wahusika ambao ni intellectual hata wakienda huko kwenye icc international court of arbitration ni kimombo sio kiswahili na bro hata ukitafsiri pia kiswahili tunajua kuzungumza tu ukifikiria technical words nyingi hatuziongea sana imagine mtu andike somo la sheria au uhasibu au kompyuta sayansi kwa kiswahili unaweza usielewe kihivyo bro.kiswahili nacho kigumuuu bro

Sawa bro basi hata ufafanuzi au muhtasari! Kama umeleta uzi kwa ajili ya kundi fulani bro, wasubiri watakuja kuchangia bro. I am a manager bro.

INVESTIGATION
CIVIL REMEDIES
thank you guys
Hiki kitu kinaweza kufanikiwa kama ofisi ya mwanasheria mkuu itabadilishwa kabisa. Kwa sababu lazima conflict of interest itokee hapo. Sijafahamu hao watu ulaya walio shughulikia suala la radar na hii ya mkopo wa stanbic ni wakina nani. Wako vizuri. Wao walitumia mbinu gani?

Hiki kitu kinaweza kufanikiwa kama ofisi ya mwanasheria mkuu itabadilishwa kabisa. Kwa sababu lazima conflict of interest itokee hapo. Sijafahamu hao watu ulaya walio shughulikia suala la radar na hii ya mkopo wa stanbic ni wakina nani. Wako vizuri. Wao walitumia mbinu gani?
Kweli Nena kama ulivyosema conflict of interest hapo inabidi JPM mwenyewe amue kubadili ofisi ya mwanasheria mkuu kuwaweka pembeni wote waliohusika na hiyo mikataba , kuhusu zile za radar ile kampuni BAE walivunja sheria walikua na issue ya kutoa rushwa saudia arabia sasa kuna taasisi inaitwa {serious fraud office}uk SFO wakaamua kuichunguza BEA na kuikuta ina makosa wakaipiga fine na kutaka warudishe tz kiasi cha hela walichowapunja, kwa hiyo ile kesi watz hatuhusiki kabisa,wa tz tulivyosikia kuna change inakuja tukadandia tu, UK kuna Bribe Act {sikumbuki mwaka}kampuni yoyote ya UK Ikitoa rushwa au kupokea popote duniani unaweza kufungua kesi kwenye mahakamani ya Uk

Back
Top Bottom