Who’s afraid of big bad Kenya? Not me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask yourself which upbuilding and constructive idea you have contributed, then you will have the right to say that.

You quoted something which I have not asserted. Kindly, revisit your post.

Now eliakeem you are pretending to be witty, and the best thing we know of you is filling up space on this forums and giving us irrelevant links.

this is a crap otherwise you don't know the meaning of a forum! otherwise you are blind enough not to see hate articles that potray other countries in the EA block wrongly. Read here https://www.jamiiforums.com/interna...ove-nationalism-to-steer-eac-integration.html

Geza, I do not see the need for you to use such strong language and call other people's ideas crap. Nyaralego is just proposing something for discussion. If you don't like the idea say so and state your reasons but don't go dissing people!!

Let's be open!!

I think you can critisize someones idea by an idea but not by mere attacking words. We must learn how to agree to disagree.

Kwa mimi...Ke-nyani...Nyani Anayekera. Period! Black and white.... mijitu inyopigana vita vya wenyewe kwa wenyewe karne hii!! Ooh Shit! Jamaa ni super greedy, check mzee wa sura mbovu alivyoonyesha ulafi wake kwa kukataa kukubali kushindwa...ati simuachii Jaluo! Wat a thinking!
Tznians please, keep Ke-nyani out as much as you can for the best of our society. They are not compatible to Tz civilization.

To me Nyaralego's advice makes sense. The problem with us people we don't like discussing issues. I mean, I dont see any problem discussing issues affecting Tanzania as a country or learn patiently when Kenyans and Ugandans are doing the same, even Rwandese and their cousins Burundians. Come on, if agreeable, how should we go about, and if not we can as well shut our mouths!
I think we should be more civilized in the way we talk to each other, just as Nanu put it, even if you don't agree with me, why can't you just be polite!

When you read this thread you can see deep mistrust among some Kenyans and Tanzanians. I have always believed in umoja ni nguvu. I have been to Kenya countless times, I have had my kienyeji, tusker, samaki..name them. I have many friends and buddies all over Kenya. As such I have tested the warmth and friendship of Kenyans. As such to me hii integration would be the most sensible thing.

But over the period what I have seen is: Politicians and most of the elites on both sides of the boarder have failed to sell this EAC thing to the common people. From my simple knowledge of international relations, if something like EAC is not grounded in the WILL of the people, it can never go anywhere and this is what precisely the media and the elites are trying to loot for. To me I would say, let politicians be candid enough and sober to explain to their people merits and demerits of this EAC.

Kenyan politicians like Kingi et al, all have potrayed only the benefits of this EAC thing without explaining demerits. The elites know very well the potential of a country called TANZANIA. Who wouldnt want to have that peace of cake? Similarly, Tanzanian politicians and elites, have potrayed EAC as a burden without telling people how they might benefit from opportunities presented by this EAC thing. Katika media zetu za bongo there is nothing positive being said about EAC. Inaonekana kama Project ya Kenya ku-spead interests zake at the expense of others. I would think-This is wrong.

I would say: Both EAC member states especially Kenya and Tanzania ought to do more. Ought to respect each other more. They should strive for the win win game for all. Something we havent achieved. Mfano Kenya wanajua sasa hivi Somalia inavyotishia amani ya Kenya. BUT NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT IT. And arguably, this would be a factor among other things for the free movement of people. Kenya should be candid and frank to explain and address this issue.

I support EAC, but lets do it slowly. Even European Union has been a project of more than 50 years and still a work very much in progress. Today the Brits arent members of the Euro (monetary union), but does that make them any member less than the mighty Germans? They are not part of the free movement like Schengen visa..does that reflect on them being ant EU? bottomline is: When it comes to a far reaching decisions with enormous implication to one`s sovereignity, let people decide. And as the fate has it, democracy is not the best way to decide things. Lets agree on areas we need to have a common agenda. Mengine tutayaongeza as time goes by. Perhaps when some of the boys todays become ministers tomorrow... could add other items. Tusiwe na haraka wakuu. Hii kitu ni yetu, tusiruhusu emotions, wanasiasa wenye njaa ya madaraka na elites wanaojua kuandika kiingereza kutudanganya. That would be my point (assume I was appointed EAC Minister in JK`s governement .

Again I would say: EAC is an excellent idea. But lets give it time and be careful not to repeat mistakes made years back. Reality check is: Kenya you cant have viable EAC minus Tanzania in the equation. Same to TZ. You cant be a lone langer without reaching out to our brothers in the North. But lets learn to respect each other`s position na tuache hii elitisism ya media kuona kwamba so and so is an obstacle to the EAC Integration.

Done carefully, both Kenya and Tanzania we are likely to win big from this EAC thing.

Masanja.

this is a crap otherwise you don't know the meaning of a forum! otherwise you are blind enough not to see hate articles that potray other countries in the EA block wrongly.

Those hate articles in this esteemed forum is the reason why i posted the above...Re-read my post and stop that foul language(You will not top me in profanities just so you know, coz i got pleeeeennty!)

In a nutshell i have said that we evaluate ourselves

Read here https://www.jamiiforums.com/interna...ove-nationalism-to-steer-eac-integration.html

I am not going to read vitriol and ruin my day/night ok...What i am saying is put an end to badmouthing.

i need you to read my post again and then when you are sober try and reply...

You are all not serious!
CARMEL!!! I beg to differ,

I am trying to be serious but some tumbilis in this forum wont let me...
I really think that we need to evaluate our selves.

Im saying that we look at ourselves country to country, nation to nation, culture to culture...theres alot to be said hmmmmm!!!

We are bitter, mad at our leaders and we are taking it out on each other...We all cry about the same things...

No matter how many names someone calls me im what i am and the truth is our systems are still screwing us.

So there i said it, @Geza Ulole you can come and attack me again coz i see you better than you see yourself in your replies.

Watch your language boy. Please re-read Nyaralegos and compare to sort of language that you usually use here on JF. It is people like you who directly or indirectly fuel this hate thing.
I know you are a young fella but ask you dad how wa EA prior to mid '70s and he will tell you the brotherhood that existed then but because of your types this is where we are now [i'm saying TZ and UG hazipo lakini KE zimezidi na zikipungua hizi kuna possibility kubwa ya maendeleo

Abunwasi nisaidie... kosa la smatta hapa lipi?mbona alikua anamjibu mtu??

Mimi mbongo lakini Nyaralego ameweka post vital kwetu sote babake

Kama Wakenya wenyewe kwa wenyewe itakuwaje sisi watanzania tuelewane na wakenya ?ndugu zanguni wakenya ni wakabila na wabinafsi wakatupwa,hebu angalieni wakalenjini wanavyotaka Rift Valley waitawale wao na ukienda mkoa wa wakati Wakikuyu nao vivyo hivyo ukienda Nyanza wajaluo wanajiposition wao tu na ukienda Western ni waluhya tu,hata huko mombasa wanataka mameneja wa mashirika yalioko mombasa waongoze watu wa mombasa sasa hao ni watu gani jamani,nasikitika kusema hivi ni mara mia tuwe na uhusiano na uganda kuliko Kenya,Ben na Jakaya wametupeleka siko ndiko na huu uhusiano si lazima uwe na Kenya,Wakenya hawana utu na anayekubali au hakubali ujumbe ndio huo,kuna siku tutawaambia wakwende kwao si hatuna shida nao

Geza, I do not see the need for you to use such strong language and call other people's ideas crap. Nyaralego is just proposing something for discussion. If you don't like the idea say so and state your reasons but don't go dissing people!!

Let's be open!!

Thanks Engineer, tumekua na ile dhana ya kuangalia jina na ku-attack... inasikitisha!!!

** died laughin*. Sasa wasema wakenya wa kawaida ni wapole, and most of the time you just lump all of us together and stereotype us as if stereotyping is going out of fashion. hahaha. You hate our guts, thats what kills y'all.

Wakenya acheni madharau na kauli chafu, chakufurahisha tumeshawajuli, kama mlikuwa mshajipongeza Jumuia itawapa fursa ya kuja kuhemea TZ mnajidanganya kabisa,hatuwataki,,hatuwataki labda kaunganeni na Wasomali, endeleeni kuwatumikia wahindi, all the best

..speaking as a Tanzanian, I dont think we need the EAC.

..tuna kila kitu hapa, what we need to do is to apply ourselves.

NB:

..kwanini maoni ya wananchi waliyotoa kwenye Tume ya Prof.Wangwe yanapuuzwa?

..wa-Tanzania walikataa EAC, Federation, you name it.

NB:

Mkuu Jokakuu,

Hapo nilipo-highlight ndipo paninitatiza. Hebu tizama hapa VP
kaenda Kenya kuendeleza huu mjadala huku akipuuza wananchi wa Tz
walivyosema. I just cant trust these leaders no way.

Tanzania’s VP in the country ahead of June protocal

news260110_03.jpg

Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka welcomes his Tanzanian counterpart Dr Ali Mohamed Shein and his wife, Mwanamwema Shein, at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Monday
By James Ratemo

Tanzania’s vice-president Ali Mohamed Shein is in the country for a four-day visit ahead of the much-anticipated enforcement of the East African Community common market protocol in June.

The protocol will allow free movement of goods and people in the five EAC countries — Kenya , Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda.

Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka received Dr Shein, who is accompanied by his wife Mwanamwema Shein, at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport before the visiting VP paid a courtesy call on President Kibaki at Harambee House last evening.

Today, Shein holds bilateral relations talks on trade, tourism, cross-border investment and wildlife conservation with key Government officials and ministers at Nairobi’s Serena Hotel before touring key national institutions.

His schedule

In the four days, the official is scheduled to visit, Kenya Agricultural Research Institute, World Agro Forestry Centre, Yatta farm, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Sameer Industrial Park , Athi River/ Namanga road project and Safaricom Call Centre.

He will also visit Kenya Ports Authority in Mombasa and KenGen Power Station in Rabai

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/news/InsidePage.php?id=2000001712&cid=159&story=Tanzania’s VP in the country ahead of June protocal

NB:

JokaaKuu na mwalimu,

Hapo na mimi pananitatiza. Kwa nini maoni ya mwananchi hayasikilizwi? Ndo maana nimesema mwanzo...democracy isnt the best way to decide things.

I can guess, wananchi wengi hawapendi hii EAC kwa sababu viongozi wetu havent made serious efforts to sell it to the would be beneficiries. And thats precisely the danger. Kuingia kwenye muungano ambao wananchi hawautaki. Its will be faux pas of the highest incompetence to do. And what I fear, EAC will eventually become a ballot issue in bongo. Ukionekana kutetea hii kitu utaonekana msaliti (infact utazushiwa kwamba wewe si mtanzania)! Its scary when I think of it.

Hata hapa kwenye jamvi..ukisoma haya maoni ya watu hakuna anayetoa compelling reasons against EAC. Zaidi ya stereotypes ambazo tumezizoea kuhusu wakenya au warwanda au waburundi.

I as MASANJA from the shores of Lake Victoria..which we share with our fellow East Africans, I believe in merit and hard work. Lets not allow incompetence and selfishness to stand in the way of progress in the name of democracy. EAC thing has its own problems, lakini I would think that we should sit down and devise strategies to address them. But again when you have akina Kingi wakisema kwamba EAC iondolewe Arusha while their cousins in Dar wakisema kwamba wakenya wasiruhusiwe kuwa na free entry bongo nadhani we need to go back to the drawing board. As Obama likes saying: We should stop these petty petty grivancies to stand in a way of real maendeleo.

Fellow East Africans, ulimwengu wa leo we need to compete. Trust me you guys. TUSIWE WAOGA. Tanzania we have all the qualities to progress, tuache hizi sababu za kufikirika kwamba wenzetu watachukua kazi zetu sijui kwa vile wanajua kiinglish kizuri. This is simply not true. We need to believe in ourselves. Bila confidence, we are in for a very long night. Mbona wachina hawajui kiingereza..inawazuia google, Goldman Sachs, Yahoo, et al kwenda kufungua ofisi na kuinvest China? tena at the Chinese terms and conditions? People hivi tutaamka lini?

Reagan na Thatcher wali- champion Free Trade. WALIFAIDIKA SANA NA JASHO LETU. Guess what? Today you have new kids on the block..China, India, Brazil name them..they are all flexing their muscles, they want to benefit from the smae rules of open market!!! Unadhani US na Cousins wake across the Atlantic wataweka protectionism? No way..inabidi waamke wacompete na wachina..maana wao ndo waliweka rules of the game. And they are doing so impressively!

In short, mankind has brains to move mountains. Its we just to realize our potential. Watanzania wenzangu tuache uoga. We are the best. I just feel like mentalities kama hizi ndo zinaturudisha nyuma. We really need to wake up and do the needful.

Masanja

Masanja,

Thanx a mill for your input on this matter.

As for me, I side with JokaKuu in putting my voice against this EAC thing
and I have given compelling reasons in a number of posts but nobody has
given a worthy rebuttal especially from the Kenyan side.

Issue number one is corruption. Kenya is the most corrupt country in East
Africa ikifuatiwa na Tanzania. Uganda on the other side hakusemeki maana
it is a military govt dressed up in civilian clothing. Swali langu lilikua How
will the issue be addressed?Will it be a matter of local courts ama regional
courts?Who prosecutes a corrupt Kenyan businessman engaging in the
same practices in Tanzania?

Issue number two ilikua sytems of Govt among the three countries.
Mtazamo wangu ni kwamba there is no difference now as compared to
the days of Mwalimu, Kenyatta na Idi Amin. The only difference is time.
Kenyans are still led by an imerialistic Presidency that favors people from
a particular region bearing in mind the man did not win the elections at
all. Alikwiba kura na kujiapisha chini ya wingu la giza. M-7 ni dictator tu
kama Idi Amin na kwa sasa nasikia chama chake kimesema aendelee kua
Rais for a record 4th term. Basically he is killing democracy. Bongo napo
Mungwana kajizunguka na watu ambao kwamba hawaeleweki na hela
zinaibiwa kila kukicha naye anatabasamu kila ukiangalia picha zake.

Issue ya tatu ni movement between the borders. Wakenya wanapropose
very vehemently, waruhusiwe kusafiri na national ID zao bila passports
wala viza. Hili ni jambo la usalama wa Taifa na ukiangalia Kenya ambako
ufisadi unapewa kipa-umbele utakuta kuna raia lukuki kutoka Somali
ambao wamepata hizo ID by simply bribing people at the concerned
ministries, Al-Shabab wamo mpaka ndani ya Nairobi na katika maandamano
ya juzi ya yule Sheikh Al-Faisal tuliwaona. Watu kama hawa wakija Bongo
hao do you vet who is Kenyan and who is not? Licha ya haya yote Tz
hamna hizo national ID na pia Uganda hamna kitu kama hicho. That is
a massive national exercise that needs a lot of funding to carry out. Sasa
nani ataipatia serikali ya Tanzania hii hela na ukiangalia the ishu time is needed
to carry it out.We dont have the time maana we are facing an election
soon and that takes priority over all else.

Issue ya nne ni Land policy. Kenya has no land policy whatsoever na if
anything familia teule ndo zinamiliki hekari kibao za ardhi kisha wanamiliki
nafasi muhimu serikalini. Kila kukicha wanapinga kwa udi na uvumba sera
mpya ambazo zina address hii kitu. Hapa namaanisha familia ya Kenyatta,
Moi na huyu Kibaki. Through their subordinates in Parliament wamepinga
a very comprehensive report ilioandikwa na mwanasheria mashuhuri na
pia mbunge na Waziri wa Ardhi Bw James Orengo simply becasue haya
mashamba yaliomilikiwa yatarudishwa kwa raia wa kawaida. Juzi juzi
Waziri Mkuu Raila Odinga alienda msitu wa Mau kuanzisha kampeni ya
kupanda miti and reclaiming the land lakini wabunge kutoka Bonde la ufa
akiwemo Ruto walisusa maana wanamashamba kibao humo ndani na pia
Moi yumo. Wamegeuza ishu na kuifanya ya ukabila wakisema Raila
anawapiga vita wakalenjini. The most glaring thing kua Rais Kibaki
alichomoa dakika ya mwisho kuhudhuria hio shughuli despite the fact that
hegave his word to the country and the international community

This is the mindset of the people we are supposed to be dealing with at
the table of EAC. Wananchi wa Kenya are good people and I can say that
100% lakini hawa viongozi wao hawana dili. Ni wezi watupu na hamna haja
hata ya kubisha. Nitakuwacha na hii ripoti iliopo BBC leo.

US Suspends Kenyan School Funding

_44918483_kenyagirls226gettyb.jpg

The US has suspended $7m of funding for free primary schools in Kenya until fraud allegations are investigated, the US ambassador in Nairobi has said.

Michael Ranneberger says "credible action" must be taken on claims that 110m shillings (£900,000; $1.4m) were siphoned off a free-education fund.

The US move comes a month after the UK government pulled out of the project.

Kenya is ranked as East Africa's most corrupt country by campaign group Transparency International.

The US has been pushing for reform in Kenya since deadly violence swept the country after an election in 2007.

Although the violence was primarily political and ethnic, US officials have highlighted underlying causes such as corruption and weak institutions.

Future 'in the balance'

Mr Ranneberger demanded an independent audit of the free-schools programme.

"Those culpable for the fraud should not only be sacked - they need to be prosecuted and put behind bars," he said.

"The US shares the deep concern of Kenya's development partners and the Kenyan people regarding the continuous revelations of large-scale corruption."

He reiterated demands for wider changes in the country, saying "the reform agenda and the future of this country hangs in the balance".

Kenya introduced free primary education in 2003 - and schools were quickly swamped as more than one million children were enrolled who had never been to school before.

Unicef says the primary school population jumped from 5.9 million in 2002 to 7.6 million in 2005.

Most of the funding for primary education comes from government coffers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8481542.stm

Masanja,

Ukipata m'da nenda ukapekua hizi thread nilizoanzisha kuhusu Kenya. While at it, it is worthy to note that Uhuru Kenyatta, the son of Kenya's worst landgrabber, ndiye Waziri wa Fweza!!!

Kibaki ahujumu hali ya baadae ya Kenya.

Kenya: This is why the EAC wont work

Unravelling the Moi Ghost..ukweli wajitenga

Masanja,

..actually I am more scared of poor Kenyans than the rich and educated ones.

..sasa hivi hata vitambulisho vya taifa hatuna, then our leadership has the audicity to discuss free movement of ppl in EAC countries.

Mwalimu I get your concern. Nadhani umekata mzizi wa fitna kwa kuelezea mtizamo wako. I thank you for that. Lakini kuu utakubaliana na mimi watanzania wengi hatutoi sababu kama hizi ulizoainisha hapa. Ndo maana tumekuwa overly negative sana na hii EAC. Naamini kama tungeainisha matatizo kama uliyoyaweka hapa. Hakika tungepata pa kuanzia. But for now naona tunakuwa so emotional sana.

Sasa mwalimu, what is the way forward? To me najaribu kuliangalia hili swala kwa mtizamo kwamba, viongozi wetu wawe wakweli na waanze kuaddress haya matatizo. Kwa sababu at the end of the day, hawa mafisadi wapo tuu. Labda tukiunganisha nguvu toka kila pande..tunaweza kuyakabili. Just thinking!

MAKE NO MISTAKE I am not undestimating the challenge ahead. Thats why I propose gradual unification (twende taratibu) na viongozi wawe wakweli kwa wananchi wao.

Ofcourse, mwenyewe swala la Somalia kila ninapolifikiria linaniogopesha mno. Well, being a pan Africanist, swala la Somalia na Al Shaabab linahitaji thread yake.

Tuendelee kutoa maoni candidly.

Mwalimu I get your concern. Nadhani umekata mzizi wa fitna kwa kuelezea mtizamo wako. I thank you for that. Lakini kuu utakubaliana na mimi watanzania wengi hatutoi sababu kama hizi ulizoainisha hapa. Ndo maana tumekuwa overly negative sana na hii EAC. Naamini kama tungeainisha matatizo kama uliyoyaweka hapa. Hakika tungepata pa kuanzia. But for now naona tunakuwa so emotional sana.

Sasa mwalimu, what is the way forward? To me najaribu kuliangalia hili swala kwa mtizamo kwamba, viongozi wetu wawe wakweli na waanze kuaddress haya matatizo. Kwa sababu at the end of the day, hawa mafisadi wapo tuu. Labda tukiunganisha nguvu toka kila pande..tunaweza kuyakabili. Just thinking!

MAKE NO MISTAKE I am not undestimating the challenge ahead. Thats why I propose gradual unification (twende taratibu) na viongozi wawe wakweli kwa wananchi wao.

Ofcourse, mwenyewe swala la Somalia kila ninapolifikiria linaniogopesha mno. Well, being a pan Africanist, swala la Somalia na Al Shaabab linahitaji thread yake.

Tuendelee kutoa maoni candidly.

Masanja,

Tuko pamoja. I like debating this ishu no matter what and I will not shy
away from it at anytime. If anything I was an advocate for the EAC and
my background professionally has made it possible to teach in both
countries and now here I am in the States doing the same thing.

Just like you said it is a major challenge for us to integrate but paramount
of all is having governmants that care for their people in the real sense of
it. Time will be the greatest equalizer in this thing and their is no point of
rushing it.

Kwanza kabsia we should have institutions that promote free and fair
elections in all 3 countries. Hamna cha Presidents of life or vyama vya
kudumu. That way you only encourage dependency of the masses on a
presidency na iwapo Presdo atakufa bsi nchi haina muelekeo. Hii ndio
true democracy and to an an extent it makes people feel part of a
country. The Judiciary should be free of political interference and
hegemony and thus people will have a place to seek redress when it
comes to promote fairness and justice. There should be a free business
atmosphere within the borders of one country before we even think of
integrating so as to give everybody a chance of making it. Hali ilivyo
sasa ni kwamba kama huna basi huna na walonazvyo ndo mwanzo
wanazidi klupanua gap between the have and have nots.

The institution of the police should be used to protect the civiolians na
sio kutumika kama nyenzi ya kujitajirisha ama kuruhusu vibaka kunyanyasa
uma. That is the sorry state of both Kenya and Tanzania. Jeshi la polisi
linawalinda matajiri na wanasiasa papa na sie raia wa kawaida hatuna chetu.

The Constitution of the countries which is the driving document should by
the people and for them sio an offshoot of the colonialists who used it
to undermine the struggles of the freedom fighters. Kenya kwa sasa iko
locked up in getting their thing together lakini ukabila unazuaia any way
forward mpaka imebidi Obama mwenyewe aache schedule yake Marekani
ili kumpigia Rais Kibai na Raila simu akiwaambia wafanye malomalo maana
anawatazama.

Another thing is the issue of Education. Promoting education both in school
and elimu jamii ni muhimu sana maana watu wanapanuka mawazo
ipasavyo and in any case that is when you can sell ideas like the EAC.
Hamna maana yoyote mafisadi wazidi kupeat, gavana ajengewe hekalu za
kusihi, mawaziri wapewe mishahara isioeleweka yet our youth are still
getting their educastion under trees and sitting on the ground. Kukinyesha
nd'o kabisa haman kusoma. Hapa nitamsifu former President Moi despite
the fact that I dont like him for promoting education in Kenya during his
days in power. Huyu bwana karibu kila wiki angekua na 'Harambee' za
kuchangisha hela za kujenga maabara, madarasa, kunua madawati, mabati
and such items allover the country. Watu walikua wanasema anapenda
kupromote shule za madese kwa sababu alikua anapata uroda na ma-headmisteress.
I will leave that for the pundits. Ukiangalia asili mia kubwa ya Wakenya
wameenda shule za primary za kueleweka. Ni huyu Kibaki na wezi wake
ameanza kuua hio kitu. Once you have an educated population that is
your biggest asset to move forward.

Kwa sasa nitakunja jamvi hapa maana I'm heading to school mpaka jioni
kufukuza ujinga.I welcome contributions from other members as we
chart a way forward.

Ukitaka kujadili ustaarabu wa wabunge wa Kenya tizama hii video. Kenyan MPs inabidi kustaarabika jamani!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9g_7xuow8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Mungu ibariki East Africa,
Tuko Pamoja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom