I kept my fiancée’s death a secret for 250km

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
My fiancée and I sat on the rear seat from Kampala as we headed for Kenya for the Cranes match on Friday.

It was all well until we reached Nakuru where the bus failed to break downhill. The driver hit the humps throwing us in mid air.

In the process, we hit our heads on the bus’ roof but as my fiancée was in mid air, the seat arm-rest pointed up which shoved her in the lower abdomen. Fortunately, the driver controlled the bus and we got another bus to Nairobi for treatment. At 7am in Nairobi, I took her to hospital and I was asked to pay Kshs350 (Shs9,000) which I did.

Afterwards, they demanded for an extra Kshs407 for the scan. It is at this point that I went to the Cranes fans who contributed more money. Again they demanded more. I rushed back but this time I found that the fans were disorganised and no one could listen to me.

Hospital authorities later told me to get any Federation of Uganda Football Associations (Fufa) official to sign against their document that they know me so as to continue with the treatment.

I told the Fufa officials, who gave me a deaf ear. I nearly went mad in that I got lost several times at the hospital.

After the match, we left Nairobi after failing to get to a hospital. At the Busia border, my fiancée told me that I should not waste time processing her immigration documents because she had no hope that she would survive another second.

Although I was shocked, I processed the documents. When I came back she was quiet. I sat next to her and made her lie against me. It was a few minutes later that I realised she had passed on. But I never told anyone.

But at Namawojjolo, after we stopped for refreshments, I revealed to them that my fiancée was dead. They advised me that we go report the case to CPS.

***As told by Mr Godfrey Ssentongo, fiance to the deceased.

Source: Monitor

its hard to bliv bt it happens so,its very sad oooh mungu epusha