Besigye can’t defeat me – Museveni

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
PRESIDENT Yoweri Museveni has described opposition leader Kizza Besigye as a weakling who cannot defeat him in any political contest.

Addressing a rally at Sembabule town council on Wednesday evening, the President asked Ugandans not to be swept away by the opposition euphoria but stick to the National Resistance Movement, which he said has the strength, experience and qualifications to lead the country.

“It is not easy to dislodge the Movement,” Museveni said. “Besigye is a dreamer. He said the NRM Government will be blown by a tsunami and collapse before 2011. But I am still President and the Government is running smoothly.”

He, however, acknowledged that the Movement needed to check its weaknesses. “We need our supporters to be committed and loyal to the NRM party.”

Urging Ugandans to attain wealth patiently, Museveni said he, too, waited for a long time before he became President.

“That’s why I get disappointed when I see leaders of Sembabule antagonizing each other over petty issues.”

Addressing the issue of corruption, the President observed that there were people who are naturally greedy for money. “But I want to inform you that time is up for people who want to attain wealth in a corrupt way.”

Yes ..true, because you have all the machinery to fix the voters and the votes!

Back
Top Bottom