Zambia: Mwanamuziki Slapdee ajitoa tuzo za AFRIMMA baada ya kushambuliwa kwa kupigia kampeni chama tawala

beth

JF-Expert Member
Aug 19, 2012
img-60dc840fe8cf9.jpg

Picha: Mwila Musonda (Slapdee)
Mwanamuziki Mwila Musonda maarufu kama Slapdee amejiondoa kwenye kuwania Tuzo baada ya kushambuliwa mtandaoni kwa kusherehesha shughuli za kilichokuwa Chama Tawala cha Nchi hiyo, Patriotic Front.

Slapdee ambaye awali alijitetea kuwa alitumbuiza kama sehemu ya Biashara amejiondoa katika Tuzo za AFRIMMA na kuomba radhi akisema "Nilifanya maamuzi ya kibinafsi. Niliwaangusha watu ambao nilipaswa kuwapigania".

=====

Popular musician Slapdee has taken himself out of the running for a music award, following backlash from fans over his performances for Zambia's former ruling party.

The Patriotic Front lost power in August.

Slapdee, whose real name is Mwila Musonda, has previously defended the decision to perform for officials as "business" but it appears that it did little to endear him.

Following his Afrimma nomination, Zambians online mobilised on social media and vowed to vote for South African Cassper Nyovest in the Best Male Southern Africa category - that also has Zimbabwean Jah Prayzah and Tha Dogg of Namibia among others.

The anti-Slapdee campaign, promoting Cassper Nyovest's name, was the top trending topic on Monday.

The South African artist tweeted "why am I trending in Zambia?" then "Okay Zambia, so it's just business?":

Slapdee took to Facebook to announce his withdrawal from the awards and apologised for his past actions, writing:

Quote Message: I get it, I took my influence for granted and made a selfish decision. I let down the very people I should have fought for and stood by. For that I am HONESTLY SORRY. I write this not to win sympathy over the on going nomination but purely for a smooth and peaceful life with those I may have hurt. Indeed mistakes were made and lessons have been learnt."
I get it, I took my influence for granted and made a selfish decision. I let down the very people I should have fought for and stood by. For that I am HONESTLY SORRY. I write this not to win sympathy over the on going nomination but purely for a smooth and peaceful life with those I may have hurt. Indeed mistakes were made and lessons have been learnt."
Quote Message: As a sign of remorse, I have asked management to withdraw my AFRIMMA nomination with immediate effect because what’s winning a trophy when you can't win the hearts of your own people?"
As a sign of remorse, I have asked management to withdraw my AFRIMMA nomination with immediate effect because what’s winning a trophy when you can't win the hearts of your own people?"
Musicians in Zambia have historically performed at political at rallies - especially those of the governing parties - partly to attract people to attend such meetings.

The Afrimma awards are scheduled to take place on 21 November.

Source: BBC

wasanii uchwala au wewe ndio mbumbumbu >chakula halamu kwako kwa mwingine ni chakula kitamu na kizuri kupindukia, Mke au mume wa mwenzio mbaya kwako ndio maana hukuolewa au kuoa wewe Nawe una chaguo lako Acheni umbumbumbu nyie mabavicha

Back
Top Bottom