Yet Another Confusing Message From god

PlanckScale

JF-Expert Member
Sep 28, 2008
jana tarehe 15/06/2010, sanamu la Yesu huko Ohio, Marekani lalipuliwa na radi! This time god takes his/her own symbol [the son] in a spectacular way, and in front of several onlookers (and millions on TV and Youtube).

If I was living during Mohammed's time, this would have been seen as a sign that we should all convert to Islam. But as a modern and scientifically minded person, this is just another atmospheric electrical-discharge in action. Not magical, not a sign from gods.

Any way, the first thing that came to my head when I saw the story was, they should have installed a Lightning Arrestor. But then I felt that adding a lighting arrestors would imply uncertainty in gods love and power…If god is in control, then he should protect his/her own symbols, especially that of his/her "only son"…I mean, why would you let lightning destroy your symbol for the world to see, and the Pagans to laugh!

But seriously, what does this incident mean to those who follow the Abrahamic religions (and other believers of supernatural and mystical elements)?

Your opinion, please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to believe that JF is "open" enough to allow free discussion on supernatural and/or the lack of it. In a secular society, such discussions are healthy and help to build a generation of different mindsets, while inspiring others to think "outside the box"

Do not fear FEAR. Let those who fear FEAR continuing fearing it, and they will perish …" Country Man, the Movie"

There could be several comments here few are: There is possibility that the symbol did not reflect clearly how Jesus look like therefore replacement was important. 2. People might have started worshiping the symbol (Usiabudu Sanamu) instead of Almighty God, therefore, there was a need to remove it for people to change their mind and go back to God. 3. could be natural catastrophic like any other, why not? etc

There could be several comments here few are: There is possibility that the symbol did not reflect clearly how Jesus look like therefore replacement was important. 2. People might have started worshiping the symbol (Usiabudu Sanamu) instead of Almighty God, therefore, there was a need to remove it for people to change their mind and go back to God. 3. could be natural catastrophic like any other, why not? etc

Could also mean the devil is at war - and has just destroyed the symbol of god! You see, god being the all-knowing king/Queen (omniscient), he/she would have known that the stature would lead to "kuabudu Misanamu". Therefore, destroying it after it was already built only serves to enhance ones feeling that god is after all, not all-knowing.

So, is it god or the devil who has destroyed the stature?
I have a gut feeling it is the devil (though one could also argue that whatever the devil does, god must have allowed it to happen. He/she is a after all an omnipotence god - nothing can happen without his/her prior knowledge and permission). So may be one could also argue that it was god, but he/she used the devil to do the dirty work. It can get complicated...but interesting...

Hahaha,

Planckscale.

I would say god does not exist and this was just nature's way of showing that.

Radi inaweza kupiga popote na kuharibu chochote (ambacho hakina arrestors), what I don't get is what's so special about this sanamu la Yesu kupigwa radi? Am I missing something here?

i wonder myself what is so special about this, statues, churches, mosques and any other building for that matter can be demolished by forces of nature, it has happen number of times but it doesnt mean anything! so ur heading can be very misleading, the statue does not represent neither god nor jesus just a statue meaning it doesnt hold any godly power!

I think this is just a normal phenomenon of mother nature taking its course. No more than that. Lightning can strile anywhere. We have witnessed lightining striking even the church when people are praying.

Ushaambiwa ni lisanamu na siyo Yesu.Hivi hujui kuwa Neno linakataza kujifanyizia masanamu?Soma bible na uelewe kwanza.

it is true that 'god' is helpless but God is omnipotent! it was the statue of Jesus that was destroyed and not Jesus Himself. God left free will to the nature to the effect that whatever the catastroph happening does not reflect His action but its effects leads us to Him. In most cases, evil is associated with the evil one. Job, for example, was befallen by catastrophs by the devil but he remained faithful to the end. The incident probably could have, from the spiritual point of view, been influenced by the evil one to the effect of our despair on the omnipotence of God, as plankscale and friends are trying to make us believe. This is a spiritual war. It cannot be viewed with nakedeyes.

The second commandment in the book of Exodus chapter 20 verses 3-5 readeth:

Thou shalt not make unto thee a gravethou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; n image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; and showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments.

Source: Exodus 20 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

it is true that 'god' is helpless but God is omnipotent! it was the statue of Jesus that was destroyed and not Jesus Himself. God left free will to the nature to the effect that whatever the catastroph happening does not reflect His action but its effects leads us to Him. In most cases, evil is associated with the evil one. Job, for example, was befallen by catastrophs by the devil but he remained faithful to the end. The incident probably could have, from the spiritual point of view, been influenced by the evil one to the effect of our despair on the omnipotence of God, as plankscale and friends are trying to make us believe. This is a spiritual war. It cannot be viewed with nakedeyes.

What exactly do you mean by spiritual point of view? Do you mean something that has no association to physical things? Or just your way of explain what we don't know, but at the same time, giving it credibility?

god cannot separate himself/herself from the devil. got created the devil (according to the books). The devil is operating in god's universe. Therefore, if the devil is the one who destroyed the stature, then he did it in god's watch. As a mater of fact, god knew what the devil was about to do before he did it. I

Let me try to drive this point even harder: You could forgive the iron-smith for creating a knife because depend on its use, it can help to feed a man or take another man's life. But there is absolute no excuse for the man who creates a nuclear bomb, cause it has only one use - to destroy life. The same is with the creator of the devil; the one who created the devil is as evil as the devil, because the devil (according to the books) has only one purpose - destruction. And you cannot say that the devil was once an angel, because this will imply that god did not know that the angel Gabriel will one day become the devil. No, he knew, he is omniscience, remember!

And those who say it was a natural phenomena should also remember that, a world that is being managed by a god who is "all knowing and all powerful", the is no such thing as natural phenomena. Everything has been preplanned by "god". He/she is a after all an omnipotence god - nothing can happen without his/her prior knowledge and permission.

Radi inaweza kupiga popote na kuharibu chochote (ambacho hakina arrestors), what I don't get is what's so special about this sanamu la Yesu kupigwa radi? Am I missing something here?

Babu, I can see you have lost some of your mystical beliefs. You are right with your a explanation to such strange phenomena. No need to invoke the devil or god - a sign of modernity.

But, I am sure in some quarters even today, some Christians must have cried seeing the image of "the son" go in smoke.

Lmfao. . .niceee, an amusing story really, maybe God thought the sculptor didn't do the statue justice and he/she decided to get rid of the hideous thing or maybe the Satan in collaboration with Zeus at an Olympian tea party decided it would be funny to strike down the statue of Jesus just to piss him off, there are so many amusing possibilities :party:

Amri ya kwanza na ya pili zinasema: Mimi ndimi bwana Mungu wako, usiwe na miungu mingine ila Mimi. Usijifanyie sanamu ya kuchonga mfano wa kitu chochote duniani au mbinguni ukaiabudu.
Yawezekana ulifika wakati watu wakawa wanaipigia magoti hiyo sanamu ya Yesu na kuiabudu. Kumbuka namna Mungu alivyomtuma Musa akaiharibu sanamu ya ndama waliyoitengeneza wana wa Israel wakati Musa akiwa amekwenda kuzungumza na Mungu. Vivyo hivyo yawezekana Mungu kawaagiza wachungaji na wahubiri waivunje sanamu ile kwa kuwa inapotosha ukweli wa Mungu lakini hawakufanya hivyo. Ndo maana akaamua kuivunja mwenyewe. Lakini pia ni vema tukakumbuka kwamba Mungu hapendi kuabudiwa wala kuheshimiwa katika mfumo wa vitu, bali anataka aabudiwe yeye kama alivyo kwa imani yako.

Is just a Sanamu? mwandishi asi-complicated vitu. La msingi unalopaswa kujua ni uwa usiabudu sanamu isipokuwa Mungu tu. Na hiyo sanamu haikuwa mfano wa Yesu kwa kuwa hakuna aliyemuona Yesu anavyofanana.

sanamu 4 what???????????????

Zamani nilipokwa nikipelekwa kanisani niliona sanamu za yesu na maria pale Azania front na Saint Josefu. Tena siku moja pale kanisa la wakatoliki upanga, barabara ya Umoja wa Mataifa, niliwaona vijana wawili wakipiga magoti mbele ya sanamu la Maria. To make it worse (at least to me), hilo sanamu lilikuwa jeupeee! Yani nililia machozi - to see Waafrika wana lisujudu sanamu la mama wakiyahudi. And I was just 13 or 14 I think, but i knew that was just f...up!

Sankofa!

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom