Writing career

BIN BOR

JF-Expert Member
Nov 23, 2010
Novel reading is increasing Tanzanian youth but few Tanzanians choose writing as their career. It may pay well if you write your story book and have it published. This is just an inspiration to writers.

Novel reading is increasing Tanzanian youth but few Tanzanians choose writing as their career. It may pay well if you write your story book and have it published. This is just an inspiration to writers.

Are there any statistics that may show how novel reading is increasing among Tanzanian youths? I write a lot and I don't publish because I'm not sure of two things: the market of my writings and the honesty of the publishers to pay me accordingly.

There is no point to write and not publish. The market will be built with more of the good works. The bookshops are full of imported novels because they write well, outside Tz. But we have a challenge ahead, we must make good and interesting novels. Take your works to the publisher without first thinking about them being honest. You talk with them first, do not judge them negatively. Good luck fellow writer!

Tanzanians have no culture of reading except UDAKU business. I advise the new writers to write some udaku, punch like stories this category has many readers as to how to sell their books they should sell the books directly to bookshops and distributors. I am an author and publisher of Enterpreneurship books, i have managed to print 4,000 and sell 3,000 books in 2 years. Dont send your book to a publisher if you do so UMELIWA.

Tanzanians have no culture of reading except UDAKU business. I advise the new writers to write some udaku.Dont send your book to a publisher if you do so UMELIWA.

What kind of society shall we creating through udaku. Why do exported novel sell? Tanzanians have a reading culture but there questions of availability of interesting books as well as affordability. There are also publishers that are conmen but there are publishers that a credible. I would advise writers to send their work to publishers because it is difficult to market a book without using a publisher.

Can you give me the list of Publishers who are credible? word Impossible is not in my vocaburary I if i have managed to sell my books anyone who is determined tyo succeed can manage to sell his books. Another problem with Publishers they tend to judge your work and can sometimes reject your work unneccessarily and kill your dream.

Can you give me the list of Publishers who are credible? word Impossible is not in my vocaburary I if i have managed to sell my books anyone who is determined tyo succeed can manage to sell his books. Another problem with Publishers they tend to judge your work and can sometimes reject your work unneccessarily and kill your dream.

I can't put names here to avoid offending someone, but I can mail in a private communication.

I am happy that you managed to sell your books, but won't agree with me that you a self publisher and if you will tend to be honest enough you can publish others? That is how publishing start.

UDAKU SELLS ALOT EG ,SANI,UWAZI ,IJUMAA ETC
IN THE PROCESS WE HAVE KILLED A READING CULTURE OF SERIOUS STAFF,angalia maktaba zetu zinakufa,u can not fill national libraries with udaku materials

na ukomee hapo hapo. Uandishi huo ni tasnia iliyokufa. Sijui umeibukia wapi na kufanya utafiti wako. Hakuna anayejisumbua kusoma maandishi siku hizi ndugu

na ukomee hapo hapo. Uandishi huo ni tasnia iliyokufa. Sijui umeibukia wapi na kufanya utafiti wako. Hakuna anayejisumbua kusoma maandishi siku hizi ndugu

Na wewe unadhani ni sahihi hadi unasema nikomee hapo.

Shigongo alijaribujaribu...title kiingreza content kiswahili...mimi pia nina njozi kibao za kuandika..wasiwasi wangu nani atasoma

Shigongo alijaribujaribu...title kiingreza content kiswahili...mimi pia nina njozi kibao za kuandika..wasiwasi wangu nani atasoma

Unajua wasiwasi ni chanzo cha mkwamo. Hebu endelea kuishi ndani ya huo wasi wasi na uone nini kitatokea. ni sisi waandishi ndio tutakaweza kuibadili hii taswira. Ukisubiri mzungu atoke ulaya akubadilishie hutakaa ufanikiwe. Mbona mimi ninaandika na watu wanasoma?

I agree with you beyond reasonable doubt that reading among Tanzanian youth has increased in the past few years. Now, whether this is attributed to the emergence of a knowledge-thirst generation or that reading is simply sexy, I am yet to know.

As a minor part in fostering community building in ''urban'' Dar es Salaam we (an independent group) conducted a small survey early this year on reading preferences among individuals. Here is a summary of what we found out.

Children books - 9%
Graphics novels - 19%
Personal development - 21%
Romantic novels - 14%
Science (general) - 12%
Short stories - 3%
Text books - 22%

Well, the sample was small and from one area of the city. In addition, the genres used in the survey were generalized for simplicity with criticism that could go either direction.The survey did not count for newspaper or magazine reading which can also be argued either way (but for the sake of the survey, books were more appealing).

Results: We knew that most Tanzanians read books assigned to them by instructors so there goes the high numbers in text books. Personal development, I personally relate this to university students and mothers.Why?Well, I would absentmindedly refer to the large numbers of students that have read Ben Carson's works and an even larger group of mothers reading nutrition and parenting books. Again, this is a very small sample that I worked with.

But what surprised me is the percentage of people reading graphics novels. Still can't explain this one but I guess more pictures and less words do the trick. Short stories?I had expected more from this but as it turns out, Tanzanians are full of surprises.

So, should Tanzanians write more?Hell yeah!But an even more important question is what Tanzanians should write to earn a living and make a difference. I guess further research is in order (and I mean statistically).

Unajua wasiwasi ni chanzo cha mkwamo. Hebu endelea kuishi ndani ya huo wasi wasi na uone nini kitatokea. ni sisi waandishi ndio tutakaweza kuibadili hii taswira. Ukisubiri mzungu atoke ulaya akubadilishie hutakaa ufanikiwe. Mbona mimi ninaandika na watu wanasoma?

Sijasoma kazi ya mtanzania kitambo....hebu nipatie moja ya zako nipitie

Please send to me a PM about the names of the publishers i have 50 titles to be turned into books in my head i want to write if only i get a honest publisher.

Back
Top Bottom