Would this guy destroy another chance for Democrats..

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
....to return in the WH, as he did in 2000 elections?

Nader enters presidential raceEwen MacAskill in Washington

nader10a.jpg

Ralph Nader at the NBC television studios in Washington. Photograph: Alex Wong/AP

Ralph Nader has formally announced he is to join the race for the White House, renewing fears that he might again take votes from the Democrats in a tight race.

But Nader played down the prospect that he would damage the prospects of the Democratic candidate. "If the Democrats can't landslide the Republicans this year, they ought to just wrap up, close down, emerge in a different form," he said.

Nader, the consumer champion who will turn 74 this week, has stood four times for the presidency since 1992. Many Democrats blame him for taking crucial votes from Al Gore in 2000, allowing George Bush to take the presidency, an assessment that Nader rejects.

He stood in that campaign as the Green Party candidate and took 2.7% of the vote. He stood again in 2004, as an independent, taking only 0.3%.

He will offer a platform to the left of the two Democratic contenders, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Nader, who has been hinting since last year he would run again, made the announcement on NBC's Meet the Press. He blamed the Republicans for a whole series of issues, from the Iraq war to unnecessary tax cuts, and the Democrats for failing to stop them.

"In that context, I have decided to run for president," he said.

He is likely to be squeezed in November, given the enthusiasm that
Democrats have shown this year in primaries and caucuses for their candidates. Mike Huckabee, who is still clinging on in the contest for the Republican nomination, said Nader's past runs have shown that he usually pulls votes from the Democratic nominee. "So naturally, Republicans would welcome his entry into the race," he told CNN.

But Tim Kaine, Democratic governor of Virginia and a leading supporter of Obama, played down the chances of Nader having an impact. "When you get into running for your third or fourth time, I don't think people will pay that much attention to it, and I wouldn't see it having any effect on the race," he said on Fox News.

Nader's participation offers him the chance to air to a wider audience his view on corporate power and what he sees as the failure of traditional Washington politics dominated by lobbyists.

"You take that framework of people feeling locked out, shut out, marginalised and disrespected," he said. "You go from Iraq, to Palestine to Israel, from Enron to Wall Street, from Katrina to the bumbling of the Bush administration, to the complicity of the Democrats in not stopping him on the war, stopping him on the tax cuts."

Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, has repeatedly teased the press that he too might join the race, but the prospect of a John McCain-Obama match-up makes that less likely.

Nader or no Nader, the president is selected by the media. If the media decides Obama should be the president, it won't make a difference if Nader runs or not.

Nader or no Nader, the president is selected by the media. If the media decides Obama should be the president, it won't make a difference if Nader runs or not.

He was the man who shot down the Clinton machine before it was cool and changed world history.

huh!? :confused:

If 500,000 Florida votes that were received by Nader in 2000 elections went to Al gore, the World would never have known of Mr Kichaka and that had nothing to do with the media.

If 500,000 Florida votes that were received by Nader in 2000 elections went to Al gore, the World would never have known of Mr Kichaka and that had nothing to do with the media.

I agee, Nader took away votes from Al Gore, lakini kumbuka watu wengi wakati huo wali-associate Al Gore with Clintons even though Gore tried to distance himself lakini yalimkuta yale ya Hillary leo.
However if Obama is the nominee, Nader hatakuwa na effect kubwa.

I saw him kwenye meet the press leo, I found one thing very interesting alipojibu swali kwamba alisababisha Al gore kushindwa in 2000.

I believe anaweza kuaribu tena mwaka huu, sababu either Obama vs McCain au Clinton Vs McCain itakuwa too close race, and guy like him can flip things upside down.

You missed my point. If Al Gore had won his own state or gotten more votes in Florida, 500,000 Florida votes that went to Nader would not have made a difference. If the media is solidly backing a politician like they are backing Obama right now, he or she will have a decisive victory.

..na washaanza kum-trash kwenye media tayari.

..cnn walihoji watu. jamaa wanashangaa wtfw nader.

You missed my point. If Al Gore had won his own state or gotten more votes in Florida, 500,000 Florida votes that went to Nader would not have made a difference. If the media is solidly backing a politician like they are backing Obama right now, he or she will have a decisive victory.

Media has nothing to do with US' elections. Few months ago when Hillary was leading by 20% to 30%, the same media you're talking about concluded that Hillary had no competition among her democrats colleagues. This was before the primaries, now they have change their tune. Therefore, media speculates based on opinion polls they may be right or they maybe wrong. Voters have their own mind, they don't vote based on media speculation.

Media has nothing to do with US' elections. Few months ago when Hillary was leading by 20% to 30%, the same media you're talking about concluded that Hillary had no competition among her democrats colleagues. This was before the primaries, now they have change their tune. Therefore, media speculates based on opinion polls they may be right or they maybe wrong. Voters have their own mind, they don't vote based on media speculation.

See link below

“The Influence of Media in Presidential Politics”
http://www.utexas.edu/features/archive/2004/election_media.html

More scholarly articles on media influence on politics

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...illa:en-US:official&um=1&ie=UTF-8&oi=scholart

Wakuu si kuna thread ya obama humu????? kwa nini zisiunganishwe ha hii???????????

Back
Top Bottom