- Oct 23, 2006
$130 if you buy in bulk
A Taiwanese manufacturer is selling what is possibly the world's cheapest laptop.
The NPX-9000 costs $130 when bought in quantities of 100. It comes with a 400MHz MIPS processor, 1GB of Flash memory, 128MB SDRam and a 7in screen, similar to the first Asus EeePCs.
The laptop runs a Linux operating system and the firm is offering a Wi-Fi USB dongle as an optional extra.
The NPX-9000 also comes with a VGA port to link the system to a full-size monitor and an SD card slot for moving files.
The news will come as a blow to the One Laptop Per Child campaign, which is currently charging $188 for its hardware.
Processor Speed: 400 MHz MIPS 128 MB RAM: 80 Key Keyboard & Touchpad Hard Drive Capacity: 1 GB
Screen Size: 7"
1) 400 MHz MIPS CPU
2) 7" Analog Screen
3) 128 MB SDRAM
4) 1 GB Flash Memory
5) 80 Key English Keyboard & Touch Pad
6) Linux O.S.
7) Connectors: SD Card Slot, VGA Port, USB x 3, Mini USB, Microphone and Earphone Jack
8) AC Adaptor and Accessories
9) External USB LAN or 802.11g WiFi dongle (optional)
1) Excel File Viewer and Editor
2) Word File Viewer and Editor
3) Internet Browser
4) Media Player
5) Flash Viewer
6) O-Image Photo Viewer
7) Typing - Word Processor
8) Drawpad - Paint Application
9) Pointer Application
Haya mwenye fwedha achangamkie tenda.
Source: IT Journal
Pia ukiangalia ndani ya picha utaona website address ambao nao wanauza laptop hizo.