Wolfram ALPHA a Google competitor?

kinetiq01

Aug 25, 2006
I have just been playing with Wolfram Alpha.

I must admit nimeipenda hii tool, akilini mwangu ninapata hisia kuwa siku moja Google watapata mpinzani mkali.

Mtaalam mmoja ameielezea "Wolfram Alpha" kuwa: Is the first small step on the way to having a system that answers questions. It doesn't have anything like enough data to be useful at the moment, but it could become invaluable in the future.

Wape hawa jamaa click hapa Wolfram|Alpha mpaka mwisho wa mwaka wakae sawa baada ya hapo watawapa Google upinzani wa hali ya juu.

Wadau Samahani hii ni technical news...samahani kwa wale walozoea siasa...ila mods mnaweza ihamisha atleast after few days.

Wadau hii tool mpya imekuwa released Ijumaa, na hadi Jana jumatatu watu 22.7 million tayari washaquery.

Kwa maelezo zaidi piti hapa.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124269452385232885.html

Na tool yenyewe ni hii hapa.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Nimeingiza tanzania, na haya ndio majibu...
http://www46.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=tanzania

Kinachonifurahisha wenzetu taaluma ya utafiti wameiweka Mbele kuliko majungu na attitude mbaya ya kuwa haiwezekani. na kwa mtu msomi anaweza ona kuwa hawa jamaa wamekuja na kitu so interested.

Wanachofanya Google ni kukuelekeza wapi materials utayapata(links), Wolfram Alpha wanacompute then wanakupa kitu from within its site(contents)...hio ni flavor fulani.....kwa wale wataalamu wa Hesabu.....hapa wametafuniwa FUPA.

kwa mtaji huu elimu inazidi kuwa nyepesi....

Competition
Where Google is a system for FINDING things that we as a civilization collectively publish, Wolfram Alpha is for ANSWERING questions about what we as a civilization collectively know. It’s the next step in the distribution of knowledge and intelligence around the world — a new leap in the intelligence of our collective “Global Brain.” And like any big next-step, Wolfram Alpha works in a new way — it computes answers instead of just looking them up.
Wolfram Alpha, at its heart is quite different from a brute force statistical search engine like Google. And it is not going to replace Google — it is not a general search engine:

You would probably not use Wolfram Alpha to shop for a new car, find blog posts about a topic, or to choose a resort for your honeymoon. It is not a system that will understand the nuances of what you consider to be the perfect romantic getaway,

I think the folks at Google will be surprised by Wolfram Alpha, and they will probably want to own it, but not because it risks cutting into their core search engine traffic. Instead, it will be because it opens up an entirely new field of potential traffic around questions, answers and computations that you can’t do on Google today.

souce...TechCrunch

mzee si unajua habari zinatakiwa zitengenezwe na kuhifadhiwa! Tusipowekeza kwenye utafiti na waandishi kuweka hizo data kwenye mtandao, huduma kama hizi zinakuwa na faida ndogo sana katika kuelimisha dunia hali halisi ya tanzania. Hebu jaribu kuweka kyela uone majibu yake! Nachojaribu kusema technology ni chombo tu, na akili ya binadamu itaendelea kuwa superior kwahiyo tutimize majukumu yetu katika ukusanyaji habari, taarifa, na data ili kuifahamu tanzania na kuifahamisha dunia kuhusu tanzania.

whats breaking here?

hakuna kitu habari ziko public since mwezi wa pili sema hawa jamaa walisema wangekuwa online by May

kusema ukweli napata taabu sana kuioperate hii search engine

hii inataka iulizwe maswali ...the sh*t is tooo intelligent for its own good

The thing can defenetly do more than google upto now, after few more years??? i can't imagine that one...

i like everything about it. But everyday millions of people would put interesting things on their website while everyday some team will add few things that need answers, so as you can see u ar able to get what u want in a different views from a different websites so i prefer google than this, although i must say its very interesting how it works.
cheers

This thing is pretty cool .. Whatever mathematical computation they use should be commended.

Inorder to bring it up to google standards they need to improve seriously on their search alogrithm to match at least the google page rank algorithm. For e.g. try searching 'Obama' and then try searching 'Kikwete' and see the big difference in the context of the search result.

Nadhani wakiendeleza development wanaweza kubring competition (but not wipe out) Google.

Back
Top Bottom