Wizi uliokithiri Mlimani City

Mhafidhina

JF-Expert Member
Feb 6, 2008
Thieves vandals on the prowl at Mlimani City

By Paul Dotto

Shoppers at Mlimani City in Dar es Salaam should beware of criminals, who roam the mall's parking lot and vandalise cars, stripping them off side mirrors and other gadgets and stealing valuable items.

An investigation by The Citizen has revealed an increase in thefts at the city's leading shopping complex in recent times, with most of the incidents happening during weekends.

Unsuspecting motorists park and leave their vehicles ostensibly in the care of security personnel, who seem to only care about the warning that it's "parking at the owner's risk".

The thieves take advantage of the crowds during the busy shopping weekends to slip into the parking lot and force the cars open, without being noticed.

Individuals who have fallen prey to the crooks, said they suspected they had been trailed right from the entry by people who watched their movements at before descending on their cars.

Besides the side mirrors and indicator lights, some cars are vandalised for the electronic power window motors and valuables left in the vehicles. The thieves appear to work in groups.

Mr Gasper Mikimba, a resident of Mbezi, recounted to The Citizen how his laptop and cash were from stolen from his car

"I left my car after making sure it was securely locked. I spent about 20 minutes in the supermarket. When I returned, my laptop worth Sh1.1 million and Sh4.8 million in cash were gone.

"My car was not damaged and there was no indication of forced entry, which means the thieves used a master key to unlock the doors," he said.

Mr Mikimba blamed the security guards for the theft, claiming that they did not even show any concern when he reported the incident.

"The guards did not even bother to assist me. They only said that thefts were common at the mall and they are used to hearing complaints," he lamented.

He suspected the guards could be working in cahoots with the thieves.

A security guard, Mr Baraka David, dismissed the claim. "As you can see the area is so huge. It is not possible to watch over every car, especially during the weekends, when the area is full of vehicles," he said.

Con men are also on the prowl in the area looking for soft spots to hit.

Ms Roda Mwalusa met three strangers on arrival at the mall, who engaged her in a conversation last Tuesday before stealing her money and phone.

"After we talked for some time they grabbed by things and jumped into a car parked nearby and sped away."

The guards, who were called immediately, only consoled Ms Mwalusa, telling her that such incidents were common.

A person who was fortunate enough not to fall into the trap, said that one day, he was followed by two people after coming out of a bank.

"There must have known I had withdrawn some money. They started to speak to me as if they knew me. But I hastily left them," he said.

The mall's property manager, identified only as a Mr Harie, denied that thefts were rampant at the shopping mall.

"I am not aware of any thefts. Maybe our security company can give you details,"he said.

Kwa kweli mimi ni mmoja ya watu ambao nilishuhudia mtu aliebiwa vitu vyake vyoote pale milimani city tena mchana wa jua kali kabisa...!

Kuna mtandao wa wezi tena wazoefu kabisa ambao kazi yao ni kuzunguka na kuvizia mtu anakuja kufanya shoping pale na kumsubiri tu akishuka wao huingia na kuvunja gari na kuiba vitu...!

Jamani huu ni wakati jeshi la polisi likaingilia kati na eneo la Mlimani city likapewa ulinzi wa kutosha...! Lakini pia wenye eneo hilo la mlimani city wakachukua hatua za juu lasivo watakosa wateja kwa sababu ya wizi uliokidhiri hapo mlimani city...!

If there is no security, boycott the place, until proper security measures are put in place, and the management proves that it is safe. I think the comment made by the manager regarding security was nonchalant.

If there is no security, boycott the place, until proper security measures are put in place, and the management proves that it is safe. I think the comment made by the manager regarding security was nonchalant.
Walinzi wapo pale lakini nadhani wala hawajali. Juzijuzi walionyeshwa kwenye TV wakiwa wamegoma kwa sababu mishahara haitoshi, si ajabu hao walinzi ndio wanashirikiana na wezi

I support you 100% or else others will acknowledge once they have fallen victim of the incidence..

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook

Nyie mnacheza kweli, wale waliopo pale Mlimani City sio 'walinzi' kama mnavyotaka kurahisisha mambo, Wale jamaa ni waongoza magari, yaani task yao ni kuhakikisha magari yanaingia na kupaki vizuri bila msongamano ..end of story..

Hivi ulinzi wa magari pale mlimani city parking ni kazi ya nani? wanasheria tubainishieni hilo. Na je mtu akiibiwa gari au kitu chochote kwenye gari ana haki gani kisheria?

jana tu jamaa yangu alipaki gari na kuingia shopping, nusu saa baadaye katoka kukuta gari nyingine sehemu aliyopaki!! alikagua parking nzima mpaka kusoma number plates labda ameshikwa na ugonjwa wa kusahau, hola!! kuwaambia walinzi wanasema hawajui, 'parking at own risk'. tatizo letu ss watanzania HATUNA MIPANGO NA HATUJALI MPAKA MAANDAMANO! shopping malls, hotels, na complex nyingi zinajengwa lakini hakuna planner anayejali watu watapaki wapi magari, na usalama utakuwaje! ni bora mtu alipie elfu moja kwa nusu saa lakini awe na AMANI. ww unajenga shopping mall, unaweka 'walinzi' au basi waangalizi, usalama wa gari la mteja kwake yeye! hawa wawekezaji sijui ni wa wapi!! hata parking yenyewe hiyo baadae haitaweza kuhimili wingi wa magari yatayokuwa yanaingia, hasa weekends.

sasa wale walinzi wanalipwa Tsh 80,000/= kwa mwezi sasa hiyo fedha atalipa kodi asomeshe mtoto/watoto, matibabu, nauli ya kwenda na kurudi kazini, chakula na mahitaji mengine ya muhimu, ni orbvious haitoshi, sasa kwa nini wasiwe shirikA na wezi ili waweze kujikimu, huo wizi wa hapo upo ndani ya uwezo kabisa wa kukontrol kama wale walinzi wakipewa mshahara sahihi

Jamani majuzi mmewaona kwenye tv wanaandamana kwa ajili ya kuongezewa mishahara we unatarajia nini....tena ushukuru
hawa jamaa wanaweza hata fanya dili na wezi wa magari

Thank you for the information. Let us spread the news and tuweke mitego sisi wenye magari tukiwanasa wawili watatu na kuwapa kisago wataanza kujuwa na sisi wenye magari tumechoshwa na kuibiwa mara kwa mara. Walinzi wa pale ni njaa tupu..

Back
Top Bottom