Wikileaks saga: What are the lessons to be learnt?

VoiceOfReason

JF-Expert Member
Nov 4, 2010
I am a great beliver there should not be privacy in the Public office... Tunahitaji kujua yote yanayoendelea especially when our taxes are concerned.

We need to know kwamba mtu anawajibika, na he/she is not wasting Time, (kwa kufanya issue zake binafsi wakati wa kazi) au funds zetu kwa kufanya Ufisadi.. So I say wikileaks is a blessing for us who wants transparency, and who believes Power Corrupts and there is a great need of having a referee (and who is a better ref than us wananchi ambao ndio tumewaajiri hao watu)

Yes I agree that Wikileaks promotes transparency.But it is also important to note that not each and every information can be made public.This is because certain information once released to the general public can be detrimental to the national security.Terrorist organizations like Alqaeeda can make use of such information to wreck havoc in a certain country.So I would suggest that Wikileaks should consider releasing any information that will only be conducive to the public good.And short of that may spark of disastrous effects on social,economic and political life of certain nations.

Wikileaks can work out if the there is only one government in the word. Secret is a critical asset of any organization, goverment, person or company. Wikileaks does not make the world good at any time but the bad one. It creates disunity than unity.
I like transparency and accountability but when it goes to the extent of Wikileaks it is Wikidestruction.

Wikileaks can work out if the there is only one government in the word. Secret is a critical asset of any organization, goverment, person or company. Wikileaks does not make the world good at any time but the bad one. It creates disunity than unity.
I like transparency and accountability but when it goes to the extent of Wikileaks it is Wikidestruction.

Am with you as far as the Army; and Security Information is concerned...... But anything involving, Politicians, Taxpayers Money, Contracts involving Country Assets should be made public...

Yes I agree that Wikileaks promotes transparency.But it is also important to note that not each and every information can be made public.This is because certain information once released to the general public can be detrimental to the national security.Terrorist organizations like Alqaeeda can make use of such information to wreck havoc in a certain country.So I would suggest that Wikileaks should consider releasing any information that will only be conducive to the public good.And short of that may spark of disastrous effects on social,economic and political life of certain nations.
I think before understanding what wikileaks is all about, you have to be aware of world politics and how the world is run. I strongly beleive that it is too early to predict wikileaks advantage or disadvantage for world security. For example one may ask let say if Mr Assanje is wanted for rape case, why at this moment of time? Ok what will happen if he is not guilty and what happen if wikileaks stiil oparating while he is arrested and so on. Always think twice

I think before understanding what wikileaks is all about, you have to be aware of world politics and how the world is run. I strongly beleive that it is too early to predict wikileaks advantage or disadvantage for world security. For example one may ask let say if Mr Assanje is wanted for rape case, why at this moment of time? Ok what will happen if he is not guilty and what happen if wikileaks stiil oparating while he is arrested and so on. Always think twice

i'd like to tell you to think twice about the consequences of what wikileaks has done, secrecy n clandestinity is essential for every govt's advancement, what assange and his colleagues has done may cause nations to break relations, may raise enemies, and may even be a cause of world III war in the near future.......

It is organisationial , institutional responsibility to keep infor in safe channel otherwise it should not be called a secret. Let wikileaks keeps on informing the world

i'd like to tell you to think twice about the consequences of what wikileaks has done, secrecy n clandestinity is essential for every govt's advancement, what assange and his colleagues has done may cause nations to break relations, may raise enemies, and may even be a cause of world III war in the near future.......

I didnt say there is no risk, I said is early to predict

Wakati kasheshe zito la Wikileaks linaendelea, kuna somo lolote tunaloweza kujifunza (kwa hali ya kwetu nyumbani), haswa tukizingatia mabadiliko yanayoletwa na utandawazi katika nyanja za usiri, utawala na usambazaji wa habari?

Apart from siri za Jeshi i.e. Security of the Country.... Why should there be secrets between wananchi na viongozi. If something is for the betterment of the country why hide it...

You know whats good about the UK???? The media is so powerful hata viongozi wanaogopa kufanya madudu because soon or later wataumbuka

Duh, naona waoga tunazidi kila kukicha na hii inaonyesha namna gani serikali zinaweza kusambaza hofu na kuzima sauti zinazopinga maovu. If Assange is convicted this will only show how the "free world" has reneged its position as the bastion of free speech. Welcome to the Peoples Democratic Republic of USA! (manaake mkuki kwa nguruwe...) Ukiona mwenzako ananyolewa weye anza kutia maji, ndivyo wahenga walivyonena!

Wakati kasheshe zito la Wikileaks linaendelea, kuna somo lolote tunaloweza kujifunza (kwa hali ya kwetu nyumbani), haswa tukizingatia mabadiliko yanayoletwa na utandawazi katika nyanja za usiri, utawala na usambazaji wa habari?

too late, huoni kuwa hapa kwetu hakuna siri? Ukikaa vijiweni utasikia: mkulu aliamuru bashe anyimwe ubunge, mkulu ameamuru meya wa jiji awe........... Mkulu aliagiza kv achia apewe ubunge viti maalum. Hapo unataka tujifunze nini?!

If recession was the God`s way of teaching us about the basic economics, did Wikileaks his way of teaching us about the basic ICT security?

For the last couple of weeks we have witnessed the global media being dominated by the
news of the release of classified documents by Wikileaks.

Some argue that this have totally redefined the essence of diplomacy and international cooperations among nationals by forcing world leaders and prominent decision makers to go back on drawing boards. In addition to that, this also demonstrates the power of internet and technology.

The recent outbreak of cyber attacks as an act of revenge against the efforts to break down wikileaks have added another view to the saga and which is of my interested,"cyber-war".
It believed to be the world largest movements or organized attacks for a particular purposes. Websites of various online payment services companies such as Mastercard, VISA, Paypal..etc have been attacked and sometimes disrupted as a result.

From these sequence of events, as ICTs practitioners and wanazuoni, this leave us with the question on what do you think the future of ICT lies in terms of global information security and trust, democracy and freedom of expression, the notation of rights to be informed?

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom